Old 08-27-2013, 07:16 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
WEDNESDAY'S Roll Call, Aug. 28

Wishing Louise and Bob well today.

dh has fasting blood tests early, so we need to get our butts out of bed quickly Wednesday.

Have a good day, friends.
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-2013, 08:48 PM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/163.4/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Thanx for the start, Doris.

Hoping the best, too, for Louise and Bob. Also hoping Verleen will check in soon.

Welcome to Martha

I couldn't resist. I came home with a paulownia tree and a pretty rain gauge and some organic lettuce starts.

Not sure of plans for tomorrow....

Have a good one.
Begete is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:33 PM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SheWolfSilver
Hope ya'll don't mind me jumping in here! I'm a mother to four, three of which are grown with kids of their own. My youngest son is twelve and I homeschool him. I now have NINE grandchildren which seems a little weird to me because I don't feel that old! LOL
SheWolfSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:02 PM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Hey Doris, thanks for the start and acknowledging that you don't have those looooong drives for your DH tests anymore...you must be enjoying that.

I checking in 'cause I just got off the phone with my niece whom I haven't seen in over ten years. We've talked on the phone occasionally but they're coming into town next week so I'll be seeing them and looking forward to it. I think the last time I saw them, their daughter was about eight years old...now she's starting college and has been accepted at the University of Wales for a course in international law...I guess her parents didn't tell her she was supposed to stay young forever. The nephew is in music someway and snagged some tickets to the Black Sabbath concert so that finally got 'em out of Sacto.

Guess I'll be seeing all y'all in the morn...and Shewolfsilver, welcome...gotta another handle we can call you?

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 04:10 AM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 174 1/2 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Summer foods- back to UP DAYS/DOWN DAYS Oct. 1, 13
Start Date: 8-3-2012 UD
holding my spot.
Dr. appt. this rainy morning but big rain this afternoon. Reg. 3 or 4 month appt with internist. Need to get meds. at Sam's as well.
bbl
Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 06:09 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ocali
Morning to all! Well, my guy showed up yesterday and he worked very hard. He's not done yet so expect him back today, too. He blew all the leaves and debris off the roof, cleaned out my ivy patch of years of leaves, etc., trimmed the bushes all around and dug out 4 of my 20 year old azalea bushes. Today, he will finish weeding, planting new small bushes in place of the azaleas and spreading mulch. He'll be going to store to buy the bushes, mulch, etc. I will be broke when this is all done but it needed all this to be done and look good.
This evening going to restaurant about 30 miles away on the road to Ormond Beach. It is right on a beautiful river. I've eaten there before and it should be good. I'll be driving and taking two of the women with me. So no drink for me.
Old 08-28-2013, 06:27 AM   #7
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Doug_H
Stats: 265/203/ Under 200
WOE: Low Carb/Keepin' it simple
Start Date: Oct 99
Good morning all.
We have missed the storms so far. Talked to our neighbor and I guess they really got hit.
We are spending a few days in SLC visiting relatives and plan on heading south this weekend.

Doug
Doug_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 07:41 AM   #8

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/143.6/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Just running in to mark my spot.
Scales are moving in the right direction but ever so slowly.

Special Prayers and strong positive thought for Louise and Bob today.
:hug s:

Hope to check back later...
SuSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 07:42 AM   #9

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
Start Date: Dec.1997
Good morning everyone and welcome to SheWolfSilver and Martha.

Not much going on here today, just the usual runing around. Our county is under flash flood watch so we have to use care.

BBL
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 08:51 AM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Hey y'all...guess it's clean up time. Everyone seems to be doing the cleaning so I'll join y'all. N coming over today to do the big stuff, then I'll just pick at it til the nieces and her family shows up on Monday. Looking forward to seeing 'em, fer shure.

Sending good thoughts, prayers and vibes to all...have a great day folks....type ya later.
Mssarge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 08:58 AM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
Thank you Doris for our start out.

Welcome SheWolfSilver. Nice to meet you. Home schooling is so much nicer isn't it.

Positive thoughts going out for Bob and Louise. Verleen looking forward to hearing how your house move and settling in is going.

WooHoo no matter slow or fast that scale is giving you some good news Susan.

Begete i just knew you wouldn't come home empty handed. Hee her! Are Red and Blue being good little kitties?

Lainey hope your doctor appt. goes smooth and those raindrops don't come until you are home and comfy.

Judy your yard will be ready for pictures when your guy gets finished. I bet you are feeling better that he is getting that heavy stuff done for you.

Linda button down the hatches. Yes take care.

Mary we started buying Samatra at Trader Joe's. It's a darker roast but has a nice flavor not bitter like some darks.

Doris Costco can be a good or bad thing. Ours is walking distance. Dh controls the trips. If it were up to me I'd be visiting way more than I should.

Doug good to hear your trip is going well and your home is missing the storms. Enjoy your visiting good time.

Michele was that massage to die for? Do you feel like well kneaded bread dough?

It's time to find some coffee and a little breakfast. Dh is having his with his friends this morning. It's an every Wednesday tradition since his retirement. BBL

"Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it.”
Eckhart Tolle

Sharon

Last edited by Shalbrihil; 08-28-2013 at 09:00 AM..
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:13 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 35down
Stats: 209/156/135
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: April 1, 2013
Good Morning Everyone! Am, as usual, babysitting grandsons today. G-pa is going to go with them for a bike ride on the trail by our house a bit later. It's a pretty cool paved trail that follows the river.

Got nervous this morning and ate a whole package of pepperoni. Package says zero carbs per serving- 7 servings in package so probably really at least 7 carbs. Calories eaten 980. Plus all sorts of processed food bad things. I could have eaten the bag of chocolate chips or the Hershey bars in Daughter's pantry. So hooray for my self-control. LOL! I think my nervous eating is satisfied for the day.

Will check back in later to see how you all are doing with doctor appointments, yard work, house cleaning, paulownia tree planting, flood avoiding, and other assorted daily tasks.

You all take care now!

Joni
35down is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:35 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: modon69478
Stats: 143/134.0/118
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
Hi Everyone,

Yes, the massage was fantastic. I can't understand why I don't treat myself more often!

Thinking of Louise and Bob, too - hope all goes well for them.

Waving to all,

Michele
modon69478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 01:15 PM   #14

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/143.6/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Michele, That is exactly what I say to myself after a treat to the Spa.
What time of day do you prefer? I was told earlier in the day we get more benefit from a massage. I guess we feel the effects longer that way Hah!

Thank you Sharon for the encouragement. Yes, I will rejoice with each small loss. I should be grateful huh? Have you eaten all the boiled eggs yet?

Oh Julie, send your guy over to my place next, would you? I guess your place will be looking spic and span soon. My GF and I are looking to come down to Florida in November and again in Feb or March, so we will have to do lunch again at Cracker Barrel. I wonder if Ginny will be down for the Winter?

Yes, do take care Linda. Just crazy weather.

Mary, I'm with you, someone to do the heavy work and then I can just pick at it. Hah! One day!

Great going on the new green babies Babette. I didn't know the nurseries were still selling things. I wouldn't mind planting some pink and white hydrangeas. Would I be better to put them in in Spring or now? The snow does get heavy up here.

Doris, great you found that lab eventually. It did give you some walking exercise. What did you end up buying that you don't need?

to All our Newbies

Lainey, check in when you get back.

Doug, You and Jo stay safe up there.

Hey, Gladys, where are you?

Waving to All and hope everyone has a pleasant rest of the day.

Last edited by SuSUN; 08-28-2013 at 01:16 PM..
SuSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 02:43 PM   #15
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/163.4/130
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Susan...you are in eastern Canada? If so, wait til spring.

The last thing anyone should do in a cold climate where the ground freezes is to plant or prune anything now. Both promote new growth and new growth is very susceptible to frost.

Of course I do not mean do not clean up dead or dying stuff, but pruning shrubs or woody perennials now is not a good idea in your climate.

Where I live, we have very wet winters and springs and almost zero rain late June til October. While we do get some frost, not usually til after Thanksgiving. Here it is better to plant most things in the fall than in the spring so they get watered sufficiently before the late spring early summer draught begins. Same hold true for desert climates like Arizona where the combo of heat and draught will kill anything planted in the heart of spring by summer.
Old 08-28-2013, 04:46 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: weezie
Stats: 160/129/125 (5' 3")
WOE: mostly low carb
Thanks for all the positive vibes! Bob and I had our CT scans this morning. The glop to drink always causes diarrhea, but short-lived thank goodness. Now we wait until dr. appt on Sept 9th.

Good friend Charlie came up from NYC to visit this afternoon. Took him to our local hangout and a good time was had by all.

Begete, thanks for the advice on hydrangeas. DH wants to put one by the front door but our last "frost free" date is October 15, so I was nervous.

Best to all,

-Louise
weezie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 05:02 PM   #17

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
Louise, I'm glad your scans are done, now it's the waiting....... but we are all thinking positive for both of you!

Begete, my dh and I also fell and bought a plant, he will plant it early tomorrow AM, but it is a shrub that will get yellow leaves. The Hydrangea will wait until Fall. Finally found a nice, tall, plant stand to put the plant with hanging leaves the kids gave us when we moved in on, it needs a bit of light, so goes in the corner of the tv room, near the windows. Felt good to walk around the garden center, I must admit.

Susan, I'm glad you and your friend are already looking to head to Florida, do you have to check flight schedules and see when it is the cheapest time?

Julie, it must feel wonderful to have all of those yard chores mostly done, was a lot more than "weeding", thankful you found someone to do it, and show up!

Michele, glad you had a good massage, I'd never have the guts to have someone touch me like that, lol.

The kids want to try to Skype again tonight, will see if it works.

You realize, don't you, it's not "just about the food".!
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote