LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2013, 08:07 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
TUESDAY's Roll Call, Aug. 27

Hoping medical events for Louise and Bob work out ok, and Verleen is mostly moved in and able to adjust in the new surroundings.

I should go and get some reading done and warm up the bed, LOL.
mykneesareback is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-2013, 08:31 PM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Thanx for the start, Doris.

I am off early tomorrow on a garden club trip to hit the end of season sales at nurseries on the mainland. Please send positive energy my way to help me resist buying anything.

My garden is full and I am tired of working in it.

Have a good day.
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:18 PM   #3

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec.1997
Stopping in real quick to say hi to all and thanks for the start off, Doris.

LOL, Can't blame you for being tired of working on that garden, Babette. Stay strong and resist.

Off to the home town to visit mom and the kids, grands and do a bit of retail therapy.
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:19 PM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/150/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Thanks for the start, Doris...just checking in before I go through my nightly get-ready-for-bed-routine....hope everyone's day was good.

Mario Batali (the chef) has said one of the perfect desserts for summer is a fresh peach with a sprinkle of black pepper and a little balsamic vinegar....and OMG, I tried it tonight (with a nectarine) and it is fantastic. The flavors are a perfect marriage of tastes...I think I might try it again before the stone fruit disappear for the season with a balsamic concentrate....try it, you'll like it.

Time to start the routine....type ya in the morn.

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 06:06 AM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
Holding my spot in line.

bbl
Grand Purr Optie! Maine Coon. if it works.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Optimus Prime 2.jpg (39.2 KB, 4 views)
Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 06:46 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: birdlady
Start Date: june03
Good Morning gang,
Morning routine for animals has been taken care of.Dh is off to his morning rounds of running around.Slept very well last night,yea me.
Have a peaceful day.
BBL
birdlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 06:52 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ocali
Good morning! Hi to all above and those to come in. I, too, hope that everyone who is fighting some illness is seeing better days. The sound of the huge mowing machines woke me and I was having such a strange dream. Wonder how it would've ended....lol.
I am waiting to see if the guy I hired to do my weeding, trimming, etc. will be here. He was supposed to come two weeks ago and when I bumped into him last Friday, he promised to be here today. If he does not show up, I have someone else lined up.
I've been following all the posts.
Doris, any pics of the new house inside and outside? And, Lainey, you keep promising pics of your front and back yards. Verleen, how about some of your interior house?
Doris, you and dh have jumped right in with your family there. Are you loving it or is it tiring for you?
Anne, glad you're back here. Send some of that coolness down here!
Old 08-27-2013, 07:31 AM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

I' m on it Julie!
Dr. appt. tomorrow so I'll take the smart card out now and put it in my purse. Maybe take a few more pics first though. TOO HOT and humid for much pic taking and my tummy is still giving me fits chaining me to the bathroom area.
bbl
Old 08-27-2013, 08:18 AM   #9

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/141/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
G'Day to Y'allins, Is that correct Lainey?

I will be off soon to walk with DD and her dog around the big pond and surrounding woods.
Gotta keep the butt moving.
It is overcast again but a tad brighter today, we did get some rain overnight. Everywhere looks so fresh and clean, the lawns and trees drank it all up.

Hope to BBL...
SuSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:02 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: martha
Stats: 138/102.3/107?
WOE: Low Carb Mediterranean/IF maintenance
Start Date: Feb. 25, 2013 Goal weight Sept. 11, 2013
If you folks don't mind, I will add myself to your little group. Celebrating the end of six months careful slimming, and ready to change my routine a little before I have to start teaching fall semester!
martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:10 AM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: modon69478
Stats: 143/132.4/118
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
Welcome, Martha! Jump right in, the water's fine - you'll make good friends here.

Good morning everyone else,

I'm able to enjoy a day off today - will be treating myself to a massage (my once a year gift to myself) - can't wait!

Take care of yourselves,
BBL,
Michele
modon69478 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:41 AM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!

Close enough Susan.
Wellcome Martha. What grade and subject do you teach? I very much admire teachers. I could never do what they do.
bbl
Old 08-27-2013, 10:24 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ocali
Hi Martha!
Welcome to the group! What grade do you teach?
ocali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:28 AM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey y'all...checking in this morn before it gets too hot and I become too lethargic...this humidity is the pits. I feel as tho' I'm bac on the east coast, it's only 50% this morning but will go back up...we usually run in the single teen's, so you know we're feeling it.

Got the dish up yesterday and now my old Standard definition (SD) tv's look funny with the High def input...will probably have to replace the one in the kitchen at least as that's where I spend most of my time. The office one will just have to wait unless the new ones are so low priced I can't resist it. The installer left me two of the new connections in case I do change my mind. My old tv's are still good even tho' they are almost as old as most people I know. Now I'm trying to catch up on all the CBS and Showtime programs I've missed for the last month since the furschluginger cable company boycotted 'em.

Welcome Martha, hope you stick around long enough for us to get to know you.

Hope all y'all have a fantastic day...sending good vibrations to all.
Old 08-27-2013, 11:56 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 35down
Stats: 209/156/135
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: April 1, 2013
Happy Tuesday! Just checking in to say Hello. Had a big thunderstorm move through this part of the state Sunday evening. Amazing lightning display. The wind caused issues with falling trees and boats docked at the lake. Today is sunny and nice but chance of thunderstorms over Labor Day Weekend.

I am babysitting older two grandsons all day all week. Daughter's school district starts before boys' district does. The 7 year old was showing me his lose top front tooth and out it popped. He looked so surprised and now has the 'my two front teeth' are missing lisp. so cute.

Mssarge-you were definitely right about Costco. Husband laughed at me because all he heard me say was "Wow, that's a good price"over and over again as things landed in my cart. I am thrilled with my hearing aids from Costco and they were a good price, too, although still a lot of money. Quality of life is better as I am not pretending to hear what others are saying.

So better go be a more active G-ma babysitter. Hope you all are having a good day. Sending happy, sunny thoughts for everyone.

Joni
35down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 12:30 PM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Okay, I give up! I'm going to stop complaining about the heat and humidity in my neck o' the woods...just heard the midwest is running 20 degrees above normal and the humidity is outta sight! Fargo, ND, closed the schools for a while...of course, the difference is that few people there have ac while no one here goes without.

The Rim fire has grown to be the 7th largest in the state's history and today the area burned is the same as the city of Chicago...they're hoping to get some of the showers we've been getting but, of course, with 'em comes winds...keep praying for the safety of the firefighters.

Doug, are you running into the bad weather as you return to the desert? I think you said you were going to start heading home yesterday...travel safely.

Joni...can't say I didn't warn you about the wilds of the Costco...speaking of which, I think I have to make a run today to get more coffee...which means I'll do my best to fend off the wild thangs. Glad you got a good buy on the devices...so much better when you don't just nod your head...you never know what you're agreeing to do.

Waving to all...
Old 08-27-2013, 01:11 PM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
Thank you Doris for our start out.

Here it is noon before I stick my head in the door. Everyone is happy and active.

Mary we bought our first coffee at Costco the other day. We love Samatra and there it was at the end of the isle. Dh had to grind it but what a buy. 2.5 pound bag! I took some and made iced coffee for the fridge. Now I'm going to have to try peaches with pepper and balsamic vin. Love balsamic. If you replace your TV you can still use your older ones for watching DVD tapes if you have a player on it. I did that with one of mine for video games and DVD's. I like Directv so much better than the other versions. Are you getting any thunderstorms?

Welcome to the board Martha. Nice to meet ya. Looking forward to more post from you.

Linda enjoy your family visit.

Lainey that is a beautiful Coon cat. Is it a new one of yours? I love those eyes!

Julie I sure hope your weed puller arrives today for you. Good thing to have a backup just in case.

Susan enjoy your walk with Dd. That walking path sounds so inviting.

Safe travels to you Doug.

"Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it.”
Eckhart Tolle

Sharon

Last edited by Shalbrihil; 08-27-2013 at 01:12 PM..
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 01:37 PM   #18

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
Warmer day here today, heat wave is gonna take until next week to leave, danged mother nature! Thank goodness for A/C and fans.

Mary, we still kept one old, regular tv, it's in the "spare" room, still has a VCR hooked up to it, but it does have a "hopper" from Dish Network, we had them put one in there because my relatives enjoy their tv at night before sleeping. The Dish tech was just here, put up a bigger dish, so we get International channels, and the German ones is what dh is after, mostly because of Bundesliga soccer games, but also, it's sort of amusing for us to watch German tv shows. I still have some boxes here of video tapes, favorites, tv shows, etc., the only problem is time to sit and enjoy them, always was a problem.

Sharon, that Costco is so close to us now also worries my dh, he was just saying the other day that there were a few things he "forgot" last time, and he wants to go again, maybe after his doctor appt. next week. Love their produce and meat, quality is so good.

Julie, did that weed picker dude show up for you?? Hope so!

Susan, you are busy lately too, and walking through the woods is a good thing to do now.

Linda, enjoy your visit and shopping in your "old" town today.

Begete, I hope you didn't buy more plants today, my dh has a moratorium on more plants, he is allowed one Hydrangea, one magnolia tree, and maybe a lemon tree, Meyer, and that is it. He is glad to pay for the grass to be mowed, and that is it. I don't know how you do it keeping up with your beautiful yard, but I know it's fun for you, so you keep doing it.

Lainey, hope your doctor appt. goes well tomorrow, and he/she can help you with your digestive issues, that's gotta wear you out!

Michele, did the massage do what you hoped for today, , are you limp as a kitten?

Gladys, glad you got a good nights sleep!

Welcome to you Martha, don't forget to return, many don't find us after they start.........do you teach high school?

Hi Joni, busy as a bee children sitting, that will keep you occupied all week for sure!

Sorry I go on and on, friends............

You realize, don't you, it's not "just about the food".!
mykneesareback is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 02:15 PM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: martha
Stats: 138/102.3/107?
WOE: Low Carb Mediterranean/IF maintenance
Start Date: Feb. 25, 2013 Goal weight Sept. 11, 2013
I teach design students at a College of Technology in Brooklyn! Mostly kids who are learning to be graphic designers.
martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 05:20 PM   #20
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm baaa-aaaack...after my run to Sam's for coffee and gasoline. Decided I should top off the tank before gas skyrockets after all this Syria stuff. I am surprised at how low my mileage is now that's there's only me running around.

I did buy a small hd tv for the kitchen and will be able to connect my DVD player to it for all my stuff. I was a good girl and didn't spend much there. They did have the small watermelons and the golden honeydews, and my bag o'nectarines...printer cartridges and my coffee. (Sharon, have never tried Sumatra coffee, now you'll make me try it, even tho' I like the light roasts).

Last time I was there I picked up what they call chocolate chip crisps that are sooooo good I picked up another bag today. They're 100 calories for 5 chips and a couple are enough to satisfy a sweet tooth. AND they had the same thing in brownies, so, of course, I had to try 'em.

I did go overboard at the commissary, tho'. Went for dog food and wound up with a cart full o' veggies. So it wound up as an expensive day....thank goodness for plastic.

We are surrounded by lovely cumulo nimbus clouds and I'm sure someone is getting drenched somewhere, but we're nice and dry and scaredy dog is not trying to crawl into my skin, so there must not be electricity in the air.

Hope your day is good and you're staying cool...
Old 08-27-2013, 08:04 PM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 35down
Stats: 209/156/135
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: April 1, 2013
Mssarge-"...so much better when you don't just nod your head...you never know what you are agreeing to do." LOL! I am laughing at that because that has gotten me into trouble more than once.

Just popped by to say Good Night to one and all.

Joni
35down is offline   Reply With Quote