Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   The Golden Years (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/)
-   -   OT: request for positive thoughts (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/810614-ot-request-positive-thoughts.html)

weezie 08-23-2013 05:08 PM

OT: request for positive thoughts

Hi all-

Please send positive thoughts and prayers our way. For those who don't know, DH Bob was diagnosed with Stage 3 colon cancer (mets to lymph nodes) last November and I was diagnosed with Stage 4 ovarian cancer in March (mets to liver and bladder). We are both undergoing chemo treatment and doing our best to rise above.

A special request this week:

Bob has finished his chemo and will have a CT scan next week to check on efficacy of chemo. Please pray for a positive outcome.

I will undergo a CT scan on Wed to check efficacy of my most recent chemo (Doxil) mid-stream. I will also undergo an MRI of my brain on Friday. I was sent to a neurologist because my chemo is affecting me with lopsided neuropathy (more pronounced in my dominant right hand). All was 100% normal and the MRI is "just to be sure." The cancer I have rarely metastasizes to the brain, but this test is scary.

That's about it, folks. Positive thoughts and prayers for healing, peace of mind and so forth are very welcome.

Thanks to all,

-Louise

SuSUN 08-23-2013 05:16 PM

YOU both certainly have them from me Louise. :aprayer::aprayer::aprayer: Special prayers for healing and that peace of mind to stay calm. :hugs::hugs::hugs: Hang in there. :heart:

Loretta V 08-23-2013 05:18 PM

Louise you have all of my support. Waiting for the results can be very worrisome. In the mean time we can pray for the best.

modon69478 08-23-2013 05:27 PM

Of course, I'll send out prayers for you both. I think you two are the most inspiring people I've ever met!

Michele

mykneesareback 08-23-2013 06:09 PM

Louise, you and Bob have my strongest prayers and you are part of a prayer chain from my sister in law's church in California. :console: The waiting is such a draining experience, wish it could go faster. :aprayer:

birdlady 08-23-2013 07:07 PM

T&P's from here also.Together you guys can do it.

Shalbrihil 08-23-2013 09:20 PM

Prayers coming from California. I'll be sending daily until I hear otherwise. :)

Shalbrihil 08-23-2013 09:22 PM

I'm praying for you both here as well. Stay strong guys.

Mssarge 08-23-2013 09:45 PM

More prayers :aprayer::aprayer::aprayer: from me as well, although I've been upping the good vibes for you for a while...and a few hugs as well....:hugs::hugs::hugs:

ocali 08-24-2013 05:36 AM

Absolutely, my prayers and thoughts are with you both! Please let us know both your and DH's tests results. We are all praying for positive reports.

Begete 08-24-2013 10:24 PM

Louise, thinking of you and Bob and sending lots of positive energy your way.

You have always been about the most positive person I know, even in the face of such serious issues. If admiration helps at all, you should be running marathons soon, with Bob running right beside you.

Bhambabe 08-25-2013 01:22 AM

:aprayer: :aprayer: :aprayer:

Jane

LoveMontana 08-25-2013 07:16 PM

You and your DH have my thoughts, prayers and positive thoughts, Louise.