LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2013, 06:52 PM   #1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Friday, August 23

Good evening...just getting this started for Doris.

Red and Blue have learned yet another annoying trick....how to open the drawers in the lingerie chest in my closet. We have been finding pantyhose and socks all over the house.

Have a great Friday.

Begete is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2013, 07:14 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
Thanks for starting, Begete! We just got back. I think your cats are not cats, but toddler children...........

Michele, I think it was Louise or Lainey that talked about Vitamin D, don't remember if it had to do with cancer meds taking it out of the person or not. I'd read up about it though, just as you say, there have been some changes with what is considered good about Vitamin D lately. Nutrition Action had some articles about it, too, but we gave our copies of the newsletter away already, and I don't have time to go to their web site at the moment. My dh has to take 2000 mg. of that every day, but it's because his anti rejection meds make his bones soft.

Good Night.

You realize, don't you, it's not "just about the food".!
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:10 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Dang! It can't be Friday already....where did this week go? For that matter, where did the month go?

Michele, I posted a reply on Thursday's chat about Vit D, but I'll say it again...please consider the doc's advice carefully. They are learning so much about the body's use of the vitamin and showing how important it is and how little most of us are getting on a daily basis.

Have a great day folks...
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 03:43 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
Good morning and thanks Begete for start out.

Was not me about the Vit. D. I do take a suppl. everyday though and of course get a awful lot of sun from all the gardening year round...(except last "warm" winter when I layed around and read novels the whole winter) I will not ever, ever do that again! I am still catching up of just the usual chores outside and it is almost fall.
Shopped a little yesterday and was fine checking out. This morning was the first one that I thought- "BOY", sure glad I am not smoking anymore. So glad I did not smoke long enough to make the quit so horrible... course I am knocking wood that that will stay the case.
Rain is a coming so I want to do some stuff outside before noon. THEN a really cool and NO humid week end. HOO RAAY!
bbl
Wellcome Pretty Lady in the sparklie top! e.

Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 05:13 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: weezie
Stats: 160/129/125 (5' 3")
WOE: mostly low carb
Good morning all-

Doris, I am on 2000 mg/day of Vitamin D. I am very fair and have stayed away from the sun most of my life and now, with chemo, must avoid the sun completely. The chemo I am taking also depletes Vitamin B, so am taking a minimum of 100 mg/day depending where I am in the chemo cycle. Also take calcium/magnesium liquid in 1000mg/500mg combo. It gets tedious trying to remember all of it, but I feel much better.

My energy is better these days - made quiche and a brisket yesterday. Again, because of chemo I can't eat acidic or spicy foods for the first couple of weeks (burns my mouth) and that really destroyed my interest in cooking. I love citrus and it's awful having to avoid it. Likewise summer tomatoes are a no no. Phooey. What I would give to eat an orange, carbs or no carbs!

Went to a really nice yarn shop about 15 miles north of here in a little town called Pawling, NY, where Washington was headquartered for a brief time during the American Revolution. Today we'll probably go explore the nearby Chuang-Yen Buddhist monastery. It has the largest statue of Buddha in the Western hemisphere and is only a few miles away. Also want to go to Hyde Park NY to visit Eleanor Roosevelt's cottage, Val Kill. Just glad to be feeling good enough to get out and about.

Gotta go clean up the kitchen. Have a great day, everyone!

-Louise
weezie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 06:21 AM   #6

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec.1997
Good morning everyone, Going to be an absolutely beautiful day today. Severe storms moved through last evening and brought a wonderful cool front in.

Enjoy your day. We are heading out to enjoy ours.
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 06:54 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tatehouse
WOE: Doing the best I can with Low Carb as a priority
Start Date: Jan, 2002
It is beautiful here, too. We had a storm last night that came up in a hurry. I was out walking the dog and one second it was not raining the next second it was pouring. Whipped the trees around and came down hard and fast for a while but all my trees stood. Thank goodness.

No plans for today but tomorrow I will drive to the home of University of Georgia and have lunch with some girls I have not seen in years and years. Will be fun.

Take some time for yourselves today.

Anne
tatehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 07:21 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
Good morning it's going to be a beautiful day here on the central coast. Today's Don's birthday so we will be doing something special today. Don was born the year Pearl Harbor was bombed and I was born the year the war ended. What a way to remember the ages of these two old folks.

Doris isn't it nice to be babysitting little Silas once in a while. I think your life has changed for the better don't you? So much fun will little Silas now.

Michele I'm on a Vit D pill too. My Dr. put me on 2000 after my bone density test a while ago. It showed that I was borderline osteo. Not sure of the spelling.

Begete thanks for our start up today. My goodness your fur babies are keeping you on your toes. Do you think the have meetings on what to do next for entertainment? I think they are partners in crime.

Lainey stay . You're doing so well.

Weezie great to see you! I'm so glad you are feeling good enough to go out and do some great site seeing.

Doug have a lovely time with family.

Linda glad to see you having a nice camping trip.

Anne having fun with friends? You're going to have a blast.

Mary when the heat is up staying in is the best place for us.

Time to fly. BBL

"Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it.”
Eckhart Tolle

Sharon
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 09:00 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Good morning all...temps going up, up and away, so playing the troglodyte fer shure...Buddy is so purty after the trip to the groomers and took a while yesterday to resume his energetic antics, guess he was mad at me for the torture...but he bounced back and is bouncing all over the plance again....too much p & v for this old'un.

Dang! I hate change, but having to change from the cable. TWC has boycotted CBS in my area, which includes another local channel and Showtime. I gave them time to settle their p'ing contest but am now changing services to DirecTV...should have done it sooner, but I hate change so dragged it out now they'll be out monday to set me up. Of course, I'm the last one on my cul de sac to do it...little dishes on all the houses. Hope the cable company feels the heat.

Tailwagers are pushing for their breakfast, so type ya later...have a good day

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:23 AM   #10

Gallery: Loretta V
Stats: 140/119/120
WOE: Low Carb & Modified JUDDD Jan. 2012
Start Date: July 2001/ Low Carb Friends 9/2001
Mary we had that problem here with CBS carriers also. Guess the issue is resolved because it is back on the air. Probably just another ruse to raise the rates.

Begete sorry about your cats being kids. I don't think I could tolerate that behavior. You must love them a lot.

Waiting for DS to arrive and we are going out to Habachi King for lunch.
Loretta V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 12:13 PM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: birdlady
Start Date: june03
Just checking in,not a thing to say.lol
Bbl
birdlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 12:30 PM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: modon69478
Stats: 143/133.6/118
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
Glad to hear that many of you are taking Vitamin D - Has anyone ever had to take 50,000 mg a week for a specific period of time? If so, did you have any side effects?

Thanks,
Michele
modon69478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 02:53 PM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ocali
Hi all, 365 folks were at our annual chicken BBQ. Quite a crowd but our large clubhouse (1 of our 3)accommodates more than that. There was your choice of dark or light meat, potato salad , beans, coffee/Iced tea, and cake. I saw lots of folks I haven't seen in a long time. Soon all the snowbirds will be returning and activities will restart. Take care everyone from one that never has taken any vitamins.
ocali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 04:41 PM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
Gladys, I bet you talk to your animals! Any baby cats anymore? What birdies do you have now. Sure would love to see pics of the horses and all the population really.
I am soooo tired. I went ahead and weed whacked and pretty much gave up on the slow going roots and all trip but will rake the tall clippings tomorrow or when it dries out and do the same in the (THANK GOD) much smaller back yard. I can pull "roots and all" weeds all winter and I intend to do just exactly that. I will start the prunein in earnest tomorrow and go back and forth with the weeds and pruning through out the day other wise it just gets too tedious. Oh, other stuff waiting to get done out there as well. The heat will be back tuesday but some storms mixed in with that heat.
I am watching "The Beast Of The Southern Wild" and had to take a break from that... whew, them are some strong people but I sure do not see a good endin coming. I may finish it tomorrow- I am gettin soooo sleepy but I was up at 5: ish this mornin.
Took Mary Anne and her Dad "Mr. Edwards" to pick up his pick up at the dealers after work was done. I would have followed them in this morning but they wanted to take the shuttle the dealer offers. Sure was glad the Jeep was cleaned up.
I think the steady- medium rain is adding to my being so sleepy and I am pretty sure I won't make the end of the movie this night.
BBL or T
Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 04:46 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: weezie
Stats: 160/129/125 (5' 3")
WOE: mostly low carb
Michele- DH took 50k units/week of Vitamin D for some time (a month, I think). He is diabetic, which tends to suppress Vitamin D so far as I understand. He came through just fine - didn't feel it at all, but seemed to have more energy. So as the Scots might say, "dinna fass yoursel, lassie," and go with what your doctor suggests. You will be fine.

all the best,

-Louise
weezie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 05:09 PM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: modon69478
Stats: 143/133.6/118
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
Thanks, Louise, I really appreciate you letting me know!

Michele
modon69478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 05:17 PM   #17

Gallery: Loretta V
Stats: 140/119/120
WOE: Low Carb & Modified JUDDD Jan. 2012
Start Date: July 2001/ Low Carb Friends 9/2001
Michele, friend John has been taking 500,000 units of VIt D for several months now. The VA monitors his levels. Not sure what has caused the deficiency but my sis says that men have a more severe time with vitamin D.

Not sure what his latest test showed. They are not speedy with the results.
Loretta V is offline   Reply With Quote