LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2013, 07:11 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
MONDAY'S Roll Call, Aug. 19

Another Monday Monday, friends..............

Use it or lose it!
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2013, 03:57 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: modon69478
Stats: 143/133.6/118
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
Just stopping in before I head out to say hello and to let you know that I thoroughly enjoyed 'The Butler' yesterday. If you're in our age group, I think it is even more meaningful. Good story, good acting.

Enjoy your day everyone,
Michele
modon69478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 04:30 AM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
Holding on to my spot in line.

24 hrs. quit and I thought last night would be climbin the walls but not too bad at all. I have only smoked for several months and just maybe the quit will not be so very awful after the 45 or so year original quit 14 yrs ago come 2014.
Still rainy but plenty to do indoors.
bbl

Mary, I have known others that considered San Diago to be their fav. spot of the world. Other friends loved Canada's big city ? Montreal I think.

Last edited by Norfolk Mermaid; 08-19-2013 at 04:32 AM..
Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 05:59 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Official weight 174 1/2 August 19, 2013 changed stat on avatar today
Official "quit" smoking August 18, 2013
bbl
Old 08-19-2013, 06:12 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ocali
Since two of my kids live in San Diego..with their spouses, etc., I've been there so many times. It is a lovely city but since I am a small town girl, the freeway driving there makes me very nervous. To drive in a 5 lane highway (all going the same way), everyone speeding and changing lanes constantly is hard for me to even think about.
Verleen, good to see you. I sent you snail mail but it came back as undeliverable (?).
I've been waiting over a week now for a "reliable" yard person to show up. Meanwhile my bushes and weeds are taking advantabe of this extra time to grow....lol.
, want to do some weeding for me??
Last Monday night, had my street supper at a wonderful Japanese restaurant. We had three hibachi tables and everyone really had a ball. This coming Friday, is the annual chicken bbq put on by management. That is always a fantastic day, so I am looking forward to it.
See you all later.............
Old 08-19-2013, 06:56 AM   #6

Gallery: Loretta V
Stats: 140/118/120
WOE: Low Carb & Modified JUDDD Jan. 2012
Start Date: July 2001/ Low Carb Friends 9/2001
Julie I agree with you about that fast moving traffic. I am not sure if I will drive any more up to Chicago to visit my siblings. I might take a train but no drive for me.

Back from Evansille this early am to get to the Hospice office. Lots of fog and road construction. Helped DS with packing up bread for the food pantry and got to visit w DGKs.

While I was going there I ran a stop sign designed for local traffic and not oncoming. Almost got hit. The other driver was pretty upset at me and I don't blame him. It was not a way I usually go. A lesson learned to stick to the tried and true.

Maintaining 118/122 **** 13 YEARS
WHEREVER YOU ARE - BE ALL THERE!
BarbCO 4-15-2007
OLD WISE ONE
Jezzie 4-23-2012
Loretta V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:09 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Good morning all...yesterday was an "oh, what a day!" We had towering clouds and just north and east of me, six inches of rain in just a few minutes, flash floods, funnel clouds (none touched down, so no torney-whackers), quarter-sized hail and the lightning even started a few fires which are still burning. AND, they're forecasting the same for today....not a good day to be living on the desert. Thank goodness, I'm only on the edge. Just far enough away the scaredy dog wasn't affected by it. So, I'll probably not be doing too much today, too,

I hear you guys on the five-lane traffic...that's whY I usually drive to Old Town San Diego, breakfast and park the car all day...then take the tram. Kinda limits my movement, but it goes where I want it go and I get to do what I want to do. I also have a membership at the zoo, so when I go down I can spend an entire day just concentrating on one area and not have to see it all in one swell foop.

I'm a small-town gal that loves living in the city...love the hustle-bustle and all the amenities...I've lived in the small towns that didn't have cafe's or any nightlife at all...and, although I don't do any of that anymore, I like having the option.

Guess it's time to start thinking about what's on the agenda for today...hope you all have a great day...type ya later.

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:21 AM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Good morning.

Sad to report nothing much came of Gabe's hike with our friends' daughter yesterday. No sparks....just two late 20's early thirties stuck Saturday night with 6 golden oldies.....

Lazy day planned for today, just some laundry and cleaning.

Have a good one.
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 10:03 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 35down
Stats: 209/156/135
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: April 1, 2013
Hello Everyone! Nice to pop by here and see what you all are doing. Thanks for sharing your days.

Had a wonderful time with the little grandsons over the weekend. Lots of hugs and laughter with their antics. Also had a nice kids/grandkids hot dogs, sandwich fixings, and salad lunch on Sunday before everyone headed back home. The little grandson's mom went back to work today, so the little grandsons start with their new babysitter. Makes my heart hurt a little as that has been my joy with them the last few years. But am happy son/daughter-in-law have gotten jobs.

I still am 'babysitting' the two oldest grandkids for this school year starting today. These two don't start school until September but their mom works for a different district that starts earlier. So am still getting some nice grandson time so will try not to whine anymore about the two little ones having moved away.

I am not a freeway driver either and we have mostly less lanes and traffic here. It's the merging on and off that makes me nervous-speed up, slow down, is there enough room, what to do.

Better go referee the video game the boys are playing. They like for me to watch them play. Unfortunately, I have not a clue about these games they like but I am a good audience.

Take Care Everyone!

35down-Joni
35down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 10:37 AM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: birdlady
Start Date: june03
Just coming in from stall cleaning,nice and cool.77 out there today,may rain.I got the grass cut last evening,so let it rain.
Finishing last load of wash for today.Sure do wash a lot for only two.Did the bed yeterday so that's done,no kitty inside to help. .
Have a peaceful rest of the day.
BBL
birdlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 10:57 AM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

Yeah Gladys, I miss the Kitties not staying in more so another reason to look forward to the cold weather.
Mondays I just throw away and do nothing much just cause it's monday!
bbl
Old 08-19-2013, 11:23 AM   #12

Talking about the big cities and freeways, noise, confusion, it is hard to get used to that again, and Loretta, dh has gone through a red light before, suddenly, just happened, etc., and good thing no one was around. Texas has a road system that is weird to us, it goes in circles, where Calif. all the roads are horizontal or vertical, you don't curve around and around. This is what we are still getting used to doing, drives us nuts when we are looking for an address.

The Indian Valley near Greenville, where we just moved from has 6 forest fires going, lightning storm last night caused them, and today is another red flag warning day. Mary, it must be overtaking the whole state, this heat wave and storm with not enough moisture. Hoping you stay safe at home, too. Some of our friends had to evacuate.

Begete, sorry about the little hiking date just being a good time for younger folks to yak, but it is what it is. Did you cook the salmon, I may have missed it if you wrote about it.

We had a good time yesterday, and their doggies were so well behaved, played in the back yard, and then came in and slept and ate tidbits from dinner.

Did laundry, dishes, more than once. Going to play on here, while dh naps on the couch during a boring sports event. Shopped early this AM at a HUGE Target, well, huge to us, anyway. So nice and clean, lol, wound up spending money yet again, trying to budget ourselves better.

Have a good day, if you can. Hugs to those not doing well, for any reason.

You realize, don't you, it's not "just about the food".!
Old 08-19-2013, 12:09 PM   #13
Blabbermouth!!!

I really must shop for some food items but do

NOT want to go into stores that have ciggys to buy- why don't they just take the murderous things off the market... It was the same thing 14 years ago when I would go to the movies and stay for hours and hours because it was "clean" of all smoking except the entrances where huge sand pots contained still burning, very long ciggys and of course many that had gone out but still very much smokable. I would look at those sand pots and think that I was really disgusting to even think like that for even a second. Maybe I'll go a little later.... but sure would like to tuff it out till tomorrow.
Enjoyed a really good home made pot. salad today with lots left over for toniht.
Sure am craving dark chocolate but haft to guard against weiht ain...
bbl gonna see whats on telly toniht.
bbl

Old 08-19-2013, 04:37 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Msevon2
Lainey, proud of you. Just take it one day at a time. You can do it. And will feel so much better for doing it.

I did put in my resignation today. But leaving 8 30 instead of 9/1. I was supposed to be off on 30th and work 31st but guess he did this so I can give him the key back before I leave. Fine with me. I will be glad to get rid of it. Might find a part time job somewhere, or sign up with a temp agency and see what else the world does for a living. I have been a csr most of my adult life. Other than that, I made shirts at one time, and made beaters for a popular mixer once and worked for the state.

We got rain most of the day today. Started early this morning.

Hope whoever needs it got some too. Looks like our story for the next few days.

Have a good night. evon
Msevon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 05:42 PM   #15

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/145.6/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Just getting here had a busy day and DD and DGD came over for supper.

A huge Thank You to Sharon and Mary for the tour info yesterday.
SuSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 05:48 PM   #16

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/145.6/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Thank YOU Michele for the prompt review of the Butler. WE are all heading to see it tomorrow.
SuSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:26 PM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: weezie
Stats: 160/129/125 (5' 3")
WOE: mostly low carb
Lainey, I wish you all the best but. as an addicted smoker who has quit from time to time, DO NOT try to diet while stopping smoking!!!! Eat as healthy as you can. And if that means a chocolate treat now and then, that is just fine. It's far, far better than smoking. Also, look into the electronic cigarettes - not as bad for your lungs and a healthier crutch if you really need a fix.

I am in and out of fatigue, having had chemo a week ago. Dh is done with his. He will have blood tests and get scheduled for a scan soon to see what's up.

Begete, I adored the dining table picture!

All the best to everyone else. Trying to eat healthy but at the moment my focus is maintaining weight, which is going just fine, thank goodness. Hit 145 post surgery and with a few pounds up and down am maintaining 145 now.

cheers!

-Louise

Last edited by weezie; 08-19-2013 at 06:28 PM..
weezie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:32 PM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Just got back from taking N's teens over to Wally world for last minute back-to-school stuff. They're good kids even with all the troubles...I told 'em to get what they needed and was totally surprised at how little they got. Also helped her pick up some food as there is a lot of month left.

Susan, my pleasure...I would love to plan trips and have done so for a lot of friends over the years. I guess having itchy feet and having been a lot of places (I've been blessed that way). I travel vicariously with them. Hmmmm, maybe a scond, no umpteenth, career...;planning trips for people.

Sharon, always wanted to go to Hearst Castle, but my DH was not a museum person; the only one we went to together was the Indianapolis Motor Speedway which was right up his alley. You live in some of the beautiful country.

Doris, I agree about the roads that go around in circles...one reason I loved Salt Lake City, everything is laid out on a T-square. I got confused anytime I went near Dallas, they seem to be particularly screwed up.

Lainey, hang in there, lady, you can do this...you've done it before but this time's the last time.

Hope everyone has had a good day, even if it is Monday, Monday.

p.s. Louise, posting at the same time...thanks for checking in, it's always good to hear from you. I'm glad things are looking up. Good advise to Lainey, now is not the time to diet...took me 35 years to quit and I must have quit at least 35 times; so glad it finally took.

Last edited by Mssarge; 08-19-2013 at 06:41 PM..
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:33 PM   #19

It's good to hear from you, Louise! Hang in there, you are a tough gal for sure. I'm glad to read that Bob is done with the chemo and hope his tests turn out well for him.
Take care, thanks for posting!!!
Old 08-19-2013, 09:06 PM   #20
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
Quote:
Sharon, always wanted to go to Hearst Castle, but my DH was not a museum person; the only one we went to together was the Indianapolis Motor Speedway which was right up his alley. You live in some of the beautiful country.
Yes Mary we love it here. Also our freeways are not like a wagon wheel and 2 lanes coming and going. The pass has 3 but goes back to 2 when you are over it.
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote