Old 08-17-2013, 11:00 PM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Thanks for the start, Doris.

Have a safe trip, Linda.

Dinner is over.....keep your fingers crossed, friends. Sunday, Gabe is getting up early to go hiking with our friends' daughter who came to dinner tonight with her parents.

I absolutely adore this girl and she would be perfect for Gabe.
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 05:46 AM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
OK Ladies and DOUG and "Red" and "Blue",

I just smoked my last ciggy! So I' ll really be a "BEAR"! For somebody that hates the *&&^%% things they are tough to give up but I am pretty sure they are making me feel sick just about every day. I had the worst niht yet with the cancer problems. I would swear it was the very same week after the surgery that was Friday Janurary 11th 2011. Plus eating almost all acidic foods to get rid of most of them added to the problems. I will buy a large supply of alkiline foods today which I normally do automatically but just have not shopped for this month at all. I think when I took that University Diabetes Course at Chesapeake General Hospital I taped the list of both foods on the inside of a cuppord door and really got in that recommended groove till it became automatic as I know I took that course very seriously. People paid 3,000.00 for that course but the Free Clinic I was going to at the time sent me for free. Then I went again a few years later when Medicare paid for me so that way of eating stayed with me. I was up and down all niht and feel weak as a kitten this morning. Jeepers, it is hard to believe it is August 18th- being without the Cherokee for a week really threw me off track.
Need my meds for this morning so I'll bbl.
Any tips on the biting the bullet on the "smoking quit" would be greatly apreciated. I plan to find Ms. SuSun Or Aaunt Jane when the craving hits real bad as petting a pet is supposed to calm and even lower blood pressure of a person and those two love their pettings.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0183.jpg (49.2 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0189.jpg (39.5 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0423.jpg (27.4 KB, 5 views)

Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 05:48 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

There was another one of Aaunt Jane-

trying again!
Old 08-18-2013, 05:51 AM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

I am a "dummy"!

one more time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0087.jpg (45.2 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 98428.jpg (13.3 KB, 64 views)
Old 08-18-2013, 07:17 AM   #6
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
Begete, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Gabe has a wonderful day today!

Hang tough, Lainey. I have no tips, no one else can help a person get over an addiction. dh used to smoke 2 packs a day, back until 1969, and just tossed the cigs away, threw ashtrays away, etc. Because I have asthma, is what he said. Stand as hard as you can, same as you do against the weeds in your yard, and packing up the bags every day just because it's a MUST in your day. Even taping up signs and stuff might not help either, or only for a little while. It's a lot like dieting, when you think about it, except you have to eat something to stay alive. Some people say the expense is what helped them quit. Add up the expense. Toss out any you have, don't wait until you finish them off, same as dieting, don't finish off stuff. No need to wait until Monday. At least, that is what the so called "experts" that make money say................

I have to fix breakfast for dh right away, he is getting his shot ready.

You realize, don't you, it's not "just about the food".!
mykneesareback is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 07:23 AM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

I just took imodium and sure hope it kicks in. I am miserable this day.
bbl
Old 08-18-2013, 07:45 AM   #8

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/141/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Thanks for our Sunday start today Doris.

Nothing too much on my agenda today. I am tired from work yesterday. I was supposed to go to DGDs riding show again this morning early for 8 am. I was just getting out of bed then. Hah! My new Avi is a pic from last week's riding show.

We have another glorious day again up here. Clear blue sky with lots of sunshine and not too hot or humid. A Goldilocks day..."Just Right."

Babette, fingers and toes crossed for today's hike. Loved the Centrepiece on your table on yesterday's post. Such a cutie.

Lainey, Addictions are hard to break but that one is the Toughest! Hang in there, it is doable. One day at a time.
Love the furry eye candy. Clever Lady...I don't even know how to post pics yet.

Waving at everyone and hope to check back later...
Old 08-18-2013, 08:35 AM   #9

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
That's a nice picture of your granddaughter and horse, I imagine you have many pictures and videos, love the memories those bring!

Hope the Imodium works quickly for you, Lainey!!

The "kids" are coming over for supper, after Silas has his nap, hopefully. dh is grilling those boneless pork chops from Costco, so need to go and marinade them. Fixing roasted red potatoes with cut up bell peckers, onions and garlic. Salad, steamed cauliflower, and I'm cooking carrots, trying to get Silas to eat some of those. He is a picky eater, same as our first son was/is now, as a matter of fact. I hardly remember what I served the boys when they were this age, but they did eat some veggies, if I put margarine on them

Have as good a day as possible, gang.
mykneesareback is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 09:00 AM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Verleen
Stats: 195/135/135
WOE: Rosedale
Start Date: November 2004
Morning

Hi. Still on the iPad. Still moving in. We've had highs in the low 50s F and lows in the high 30s. What an ordeal just to get this typed. This da@@ iPad rewrites everything. It doesn't look like I'll have my desk top up and running anytime soon. It's not on Rich's agenda.
hugs to those not doing well.

Better get out before I lose this, as happened many times so far.
Verleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 09:45 AM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/150/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Good morning all...going to try again for the cleaning o'the house today...hope she'll be able to make it. Other than that, it's the usual....crossword, NASCAR, and nuttin' much else. Oh! I've got to finish cleaning up the hot tub and see about getting it outta here.

Lainey, best of luck on the nonsmoking...you can do it. Lots of water to flush the nicotine, can you chew gum? If so, it's been known to help...if not, how about toothpicks? I like the plastic ones...helps with the oral fixation. Does your state offer a "quit smoking program?" But as Doris said, it mostly comes down to you...you have to hit your bottom and really want to quit....try to think of it as a positive...I am a non-smoker...rather than a negative, I'm quitting something.

Have a good day all...sending hugs to all.

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:18 AM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: birdlady
Start Date: june03
Good Morning gang,
Glad my I-pad doesn't rewrite my stuff.
Nothing but caring for my animals today and everyday.Weekdays or weekend all the same.
DH is busy getting ready for the crawfish season.He can not make up his mind to stop so he keeps on going.lol
Have a peaceful day.
BBL
birdlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 11:54 AM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
Howdy everyone! I'm doing the same as Gladys, same ole stuff day after day. I feel like I'm in a rut and need to snap out of it.

Thank you Doris for starting our thread. I know you will get little Silas to explore those veggies. Carrots are a great way to start.

Verleen I sure hope you have your computer up and running soon. Aggravating when something doesn't do what you want it to.

Susan your days sound heavenly. Enjoy them when you can. Our week should be cooler. It's been in the high 80's here so looking forward to the 70's again.

Time to start my day. Have nice one.

"Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it.”
Eckhart Tolle

Sharon
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 12:47 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Msevon2
Good Sunday everyone. We are in the 80's again, after several days with the hi in the 70's. But anything is better than the 90's. Yesterday was a day of rain. But my flowers look pretty good. I have something that came up in my flower bed on the side of the house, think it is cukes or squash. I tried so hard to grow some and they died and now coming up of their own accord. Life is strong. I have come to the conclusion it is time to retire, so will let them know that I was leaving in 2 weeks. I used to love customer service, but the customer have gotten so ill, I cant take it any more. Got called a witch with a b one day and it was positively not my fault. They wanted a lawn mower part we did not carry because the company we get them from does not make it. I dont understand why people think they will get better service if they talk ugly to people trying to help them. But they are so scared, they have to hang up before you can even answer them. But where I work they tape every call. I love the evenings and especially in the fall, so instead of waiting til the 1st of the year, decided to enjoy this fall. I have enough savings to see me thru. It is kind of scary though. I have worked for so long. But it is time.

Lainey, when I quit, I chewed up a lot of straws. Keep something to drink and chew on the straw. People told me they used sunflower seeds when they quit, but I did not like them. Then I started smoking again. This time, I was prayed for, and the Lord took away the taste for them. So have been smoke free for 4 years now. I feel so much better about that. But now the physical things have started bothering me. Cant win for losing. But it will be over sometime ahead.

Verlene, there might be a way to cut that off, but it will take someone who knows more than I do. I used to have it on my phone and my friend Bev turned it off. Glad you got moved. Maybe you can hire someone to set up your computer. Call geek squad. Or call a kid, they can do anything with a computer.

Beget, guess the dinner was a success. Hopefully, a friendship or more could be in the making. But dont push. I am a widow, and it took me a long time to even thnk of starting over.

Susan, is that you or your daughter with your granddaughter. Nice horse.

Sharon, a rut is not so bad, as long as you are happy there. If not, you will need to do something different.

Doris, enjoy your dinner with family. Isnt it nice to be close enough to do that again?

Gladys, do you have any hobbys, I listen to books on tape all the time. Am not a tv person. I do like computers, but will give them up when I quit working. I would like to have some chickens, but have not made up my mind yet. It is a lot of work and might have to finish putting fencing around back of the yard. And clip their wings.

Mary, are the tables open on sunday? You ever go on the weekend? Bet they are really busy then. Wonder if that is good. The games should go faster then. I would love to go in one and put in money in the 1st machine and win a jackpot. I went to Harrahs once and made it to the front door but then hubby got sick and we had to leave.

got to go call my friend so talk later. Have a good evening. evon
Msevon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:05 PM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Evon, congrats on the decision to retire...it was hard for me as well and now I'm in my third year of retirement. Half wishing I was back at the grindstone, half happy I'm not. But, if I had to deal with customers the way they are now...I'd be more than happy to retire...people just aren't what they used to be...everyone wants to get angry now AND feel they have the right to do so.

Yep, tables are open on the weekend, much busier than the weekdays, and the patrons are even more pushy...don't go out usually on the weekends, just too many people everywhere rushing too much for this old lady.
Old 08-18-2013, 01:20 PM   #16

Msevon, that is so kind of You. That is me in the sun hat at the back, DGD is in the black helmet and one of her GFs to the right of the pic.

That is great advice that you have given to Lainey re quitting smoking. Glad you got that one beat.
Can you go part time where you work? Or, another part time job maybe...hope you get settled soon.

Doris, DGD is a picky eater too. DD has a heck of a time to get her to eat veggies, lots of bribing at meal times. She dislikes fruit, veggies and certain meat. She will eat chicken and fish and lots of carbs of course.

I am invited over there for supper...so I might just get myself ready and get over there for an hour or so.

Glad to see your post Verleen, how frustrating for you with that ipad. I don't have one yet. Maybe for Christmas...not sure which one to get?

Gladys, which kind of ipad do you have?
Betcha just love those animals nurturing them 7 days a week?

Sharon, I hope to visit California one year for a vacation. I think I will do an organized tour. Which are the best months to visit? Your temps don't sound too bad right now.
SuSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 08:05 PM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Susan summer through fall are my favorite months. We are closer to the Pacific so our summers are more like 70 through 80 degrees with a sprinkling of higher temps in 100's. The more inland the more heat. Fall is nice and crisp cool mornings and evenings with a need for a sweater. The rainy months can happen anywhere from Oct though April. This is just in my area. Calif is going through a drought right now so we are all hoping for more rain.
Old 08-18-2013, 10:52 PM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Susan, if you are planning on a tour of California there are a couple I would recommend.

If you're a city person, you have to do the San Francisco tour, both historical and food-wise, great orchestra, beautiful balmy weather....bring a sweater even in the summer. North of the city are some of the great seafood towns...little ones that have great food and beautiful country. South of the city are some of the most beautiful country, all the way down to Santa Barbara...they even have a garlic festival in Gilroy.

Country person...two I'd highly recommend...the Gold Country, where gold was discovered, highway 49 south of I-80 all the way down to Yosemite...little towns, antique stores, and lots of history. (Doris lived in the high country on the north side of I-80) and the wine country, Napa, Sonoma, & Mendocino counties..they have a wine tasting/dinner train that is absolutely wonderful and a couple of the towns were settled by the Germans with great beer and food.

South, of course, are the L.A./Hollywood areas with all this area entails...and, of course, even more southern is one of my most favorite cities in the whole world, San Diego. I love to take the tram (you can get off at each of the stations and hop back on later) which stops at all the wonderful places; old town (the original Mexican settlement), Seaport Village (on the bay with great shops), downtown (good shopping), Gas Lamp district (more fun at night, bars and jazz), San Diego Zoo (self explanatory), and Balboa Park, a beautiful park with museums, a copy of the Old Vic. The drivers of the tram are tour guides spouting the history of the city and other interesting points.

Needless-to-say, Susan, I'm glad to be back in this state and love to show it off...

Last edited by Mssarge; 08-18-2013 at 10:53 PM..
Old 08-19-2013, 01:03 PM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mary what a wonderful tour of our State. I'm close to H. Castle up in San Simeon. That's a fun place to see as well.
Old 08-19-2013, 06:36 PM   #20

Wow! Thank YOU Ladies, lots of food for thought there. I have copied and pasted your post Mary for future reference. Cheers! I greatly appreciate that.
SuSUN is offline   Reply With Quote