Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   The Golden Years (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/)
-   -   Menus August 18 ~ August 24 (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/810281-menus-august-18-august-24-a.html)

Loretta V 08-17-2013 10:12 AM

Menus August 18 ~ August 24

Q: What is the most common remark made by 60-plus year olds when they enter antique stores?
A: "Gosh, I remember these!"

I usually have something like it at home on my shelves.

Have a great week folks.

modon69478 08-18-2013 05:22 AM

Sunday:

B: 1 egg, 2 bacon, 1 LC carrot muffin (4 carbs), coffee
snack: popcorn (at movies), water
D: L/O ribs, black soy beans w/1 TB bbq sauce (5 carbs), diet tonic
snack: SF jello w/squirt wh crm

mykneesareback 08-18-2013 08:01 AM

Yes Loretta, someone posts pictures of "old things" on Facebook, and I have most all of that at home, my daughter in law was so fascinated with all of my old stuff, she enjoys it, but her family doesn't have a lot of that.

Sunday's foods

B: 2 eggs, some toast, iced coffee

L: some boiled eggs and black olives

Snack: iced coffee, lots of it, will be cooking.

D: grilled pork chop, some roasted potato and steamed cauliflower

Evening snack:: cut up strawberries

SuSUN 08-18-2013 12:57 PM

Sunday's Plan:

B: 1 Dukan Pancake

L: 1 egg n Jarlsberg Omelette

snack: (got hungry) left over small piece of Salmon, topped w sour cr, drops of red Thia chili sauce

D: (over at DD's later) Grilled Pork Tenderloin and salad...yikes I hope they don't have any corn with that. ;)

PM: low calorie popsicle (90 calories)

SuSUN 08-18-2013 01:01 PM

Thank You Michele for the recipe and a look at the Lavish bread.

Mssarge 08-18-2013 04:29 PM

Sunday's foods DD

Got the linens changed and the house scrubbed again...even smells good, now.

My younger friends' favorite comments are "you used to use that?" "How does it work?" and "I saw one just like that at the antique store."

B. coffee/milk, lc mutigrain muffin, egg beater and canadian bacon with trop 50 for the pills.

s. raw potato

S. Michelina's alfredo florentine with 2 oz chicken breast

600 kcals

mykneesareback 08-18-2013 05:43 PM

Susan, we had fresh corn from the farmers market instead of cauliflower, and it was grand tasting, first fresh cob I've had this summer. Hope you had corn and enjoyed it, for pete's sakes, Lordy have mercy. ;)

No cauliflower though, dil says they didn't have any. Son had promised to try some this day, too, he doesn't care for those kinds of veggies either.......:cool:

Loretta V 08-19-2013 07:14 AM

One of my downfalls is corn on the cob in season. I love it.

Monday: coffee
Brunch: hb egg
Homemade energy bar
apple
5:00: not sure, salad, wine
Snack: 5 small soda crackers, CF diet soda

mykneesareback 08-19-2013 11:36 AM

I remember as a kid, we grew corn, and it was wonderful and a sure taste of summer, that, and watermelon, made us smile. There was never enough corn to even consider freezing though, I would freeze it if we were lucky enough to grow any. The good old days, friends! But I never enjoyed the watermelon like everyone else did.

Monday's foods

B: piece of toast, egg whites and leftover brussel sprouts, onion, garlic, hot salt. iced coffee

L: leftover hot dogs, with mustard. 2 H/B eggs, finally learning how to do them here, timing is different than in Calf. iced coffee

Snack: iced coffee

D: burger patty, some kind of cheese on it, salad with f/f poppyseed dressing and grape tomatoes cut up. iced coffee

Evening snack: green grapes from Bakersfield and iced coffee till bedtime

mykneesareback 08-19-2013 04:20 PM

All of a sudden, we noticed there were NO strawberries for sale at all, not even at the Tom Thumb we had to stop in to get a new card, seems as if the season suddenly halted..............sort of odd. Anyone else notice? Maybe not people on the West coast, I suppose. Darn, I was looking forward to one last round of them, lol.

Have a good evening!

SuSUN 08-19-2013 05:46 PM

Yes, Doris our local strawberries are just about done too.

Monday's Eats:

B: 1 Dukan pancake

L: 1 egg, ham and cheddar omelette, 2 tiny rice crackers

D: Grilled Salmon, Red Thai Chilli Sauce, assorted stir fry veggies

blueberries n plain Greek yogurt

Mssarge 08-19-2013 06:48 PM

Monday's Eats UD

got greedy at breakfast, so glad it's not an UUAD, I bought a big bag o'biscuits at Sam's last week, so opened 'em and froze in small bags...probably last the rest o'my life.

B. biscuits & sausage gravy, 2 eggs, trop 50 for the pills and coffee/milk

s. a few peanuts and a couple of gumdrops, iced tea

S. turkey patty, lettuce, guacamole and pico de gallo, more tea but will have a glass of wine later

1400 kicals

johnbtv 08-20-2013 09:26 AM

I simply CANNOT eat three separate meals each day. I generally eat breakfast and supper, have a snack around 9:00 PM, and sometimes snack during the remainder of the day.

Here's what I ate yesterday (Monday):

Breakfast:
8 ounces sliced turkey
2 ounces pepper jack cheese

Mid-afternoon snack:
3 butter/cream cheese candies (home made)

Supper:
4 ounces pulled pork
1 ounce cheddar cheese

Late snack:
2 ounces Ruffles potato chips
3 ounces sour cream

Total caloriess: 1872

Protein - 131 grams, 28% of daily calories
Carbohydrates - 40 grams, 9% of daily calories
Fat - 132 grams, 63% of daily calories

This, in general, is NOT a usual daily menu. Most days, there are vegetables (other than potatoes) included.

Loretta V 08-20-2013 11:03 AM

Hi John, I don't think you have to eat 3 meals a day. I usually eat several small meals during the day. What ever works for you to get the weight off and keep it off will do the trick/

Tuesday: coffee
Brunch: hb egg
1:00: small bowl of broccoli soup
banana w pb
Not sure what is for supper today. Salad, wine
Snack: peanuts, CF diet soda

mykneesareback 08-20-2013 11:14 AM

Yes John, no set rules, especially when you consider you will do it the rest of your life, life doesn't let you work that way, either...........:) And the calorie count will go up and down, too, same as the temps.

Tuesday's foods

B: 2 eggs, yellow squash, and leftover brussel sprouts, egg whites, garlic and red onion, hot salt. iced coffee

L: Sara Lee bread sandwich, light laughing cow cheese and turkey. 2 H/B eggs grape tomatoes, bowl full. iced coffee

Snack: iced coffee, some blueberries

D: leftover fish, filet of sole, baked sweet potato fries, steamed cauliflower and sprinkles of cheddar on that. iced coffee

Evening snack: blueberries in a bowl, and some green grapes later on, before they go bad. iced coffee, always black

Mssarge 08-20-2013 06:03 PM

Tuesday's foods DD

Still trying to maintain rotations, but not doing it...not worrying about it either.

B. coffee/milk, boiled egg, turkey bacon and a lc bagel thin, crystal light for the pills.

S. Shrimp, coleslaw, and a diet soda

700 kcals

SuSUN 08-20-2013 06:23 PM

Tuesday's Eats:

B: 1 Dukan pancake

L: 1 egg, ham n cheddar Omelette
blueberries, 1/2 a low calorie vanilla pudding 3.5 carbs

D: Stir fry chicken with assorted veggies

PM: low calorie popsicle 90 calories

Loretta V 08-21-2013 08:32 AM

Wednesday: coffee
Brunch: tomato slice on skinny round w lettuce
Fruit w cottage cheese
Orange
Pot roast tonight w potatoes, salad, wine
Snack: salted almonds, CF diet soda

mykneesareback 08-21-2013 09:11 AM

Wednesday's foods

B: egg whites, yellow squash, mushrooms, onion, garlic. hot salt.
iced coffee, black

L: 2 H/B eggs, piece of wheat bread with light laughing cow cheese, onion flavor. iced coffee grape tomatoes and black olives

Snack: grape tomatoes and iced coffee

D: left over dover sole, and steamed brussel sprouts with some onion.
iced coffee

Evening snack: green grapes, from Bakersfield, Calif., lol and iced coffee

SuSUN 08-21-2013 02:03 PM

Wednesday's Plan:

B: 1 Dukan pancake SF syrup n cinnamon

L: l/o chicken stir-fry, 4 almonds, 2 walnuts, 1 tiny fresh apricot

D: Grilled Pork steak, home made cabbage slaw, home made apple sauce
tomato, red onion, baby spinach salad n dsg

PM: 90 calorie Popsicle or CF soda

Mssarge 08-21-2013 06:39 PM

Wednesday's Food UD

Didn't feel like cooking today, so had breakfast out and then stopped at Yoshinoyo for a bring-home supper.

B. coffee/milk before leaving the house, then bacon & eggs, rye toast and marmalade and more coffee at Farmer Boys.

S. chicken teriyaki, rice and vegetables, gyoza (dumplings) and pinot noir for supper.

1400 kcals

mykneesareback 08-21-2013 06:54 PM

Sounds good to me, Mary!!
Good Night.

mykneesareback 08-22-2013 08:14 AM

Thursday's foods

B: leftover brussel sprouts, red onion, egg whites, garlic. grated cheddar.
iced coffee

L: 2 H/B eggs and some wheat toast later on.

Snack: grape tomatoes in a bowl, and some black olives, iced coffee

D: chicken and some sauce at our son's house, salad and fixin's, babysitting this evening. iced tea at their house

Evening snack: iced tea

SuSUN 08-22-2013 10:20 AM

Mary, Doris and I will meet you there next time for supper! Sounds delish!

Thursday's Plan:

B: 1 Dukan pancake w drops of sf syrup n cinnamon (oat bran, flaxmeal, sf coconut)

L: 1 egg, ham n cheddar Omelette

D: Grilled Pork steaks, drops of BBQ sauce, sf slaw, baby spinach salad

PM: low calorie popsicle, or berries n Greek yogurt, CF soda

Mssarge 08-22-2013 04:47 PM

Thursday's food DD

Staying close to home now that I've puppy back after grooming...he's so purty! Temps are over 100 and will be going up tomorrow and staying up for a week or so...summer in SoCal.

Foods for today, scattered between noon and six or so....I did have coffee with milk before noon, tho:

2 hb eggs, 2 nectarines, stewed chicken breast (going to be making soup for the freezer...love the Ninja, browned a frozen chicken then used the slow-cooker)

600 kcals and will have something a bit later, probably popcorn...air popped with spray...for another 100 kcals.

Loretta V 08-23-2013 10:25 AM

Friday: coffee
1 egg, 1 slice of WW toast
Lunch at oriental buffet
Supper: doubtful
Snack: probably peanuts, CF diet soda

mykneesareback 08-23-2013 11:16 AM

That's a nice picture of your son and his wife, Loretta.........enjoy your Asian lunch today!

Friday's foods

B: water, had to fast for the blood test this AM.

L: at steak & shake, 2 eggs and one biscuit, my my, the South and their superior biscuits, lol. black coffee

Snack: nothing, iced coffee though

D: Sara Lee sandwich of light laughing cow cheese and turkey. H/B egg and black olives and grape tomatoes iced coffee

Evening snack 100 cal. Tom Thumb brand orange creamsicle and some cut up strawberries later on. iced coffee

Loretta V 08-23-2013 05:21 PM

Doris that is my son and his oldest daughter, Beth. She is becoming quite the runner.

SuSUN 08-23-2013 05:23 PM

Friday's Food:

B: 1 Dukan pancake, w flaxmeal, oat bran, sf coconut, drops of sf syrup n cinnamon

L: l/o grilled pork steak, baby spinach and red onion,

snack: 1 fresh apricot, 2 walnuts, 8 blueberries, 2 tsps of low calorie vanilla pudding

D: Garlic stuffed Roast Beef, baby spinach salad, dsg, roasted veggies off the Barbie

PM: low calorie popsicle

mykneesareback 08-23-2013 06:13 PM

Sorry, Loretta, his daughter is doing herself a world of good taking up running while young already, how many in your family run now, anyway?

It is so warm outside, you could go out with no clothes on and not notice a thing.............it's sort of weird. Back in our mountain area, they have had lows in the low 40's and used the woodstove a time or two already.