LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2013, 06:39 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
SATURDAY'S Roll Call, Aug. 17

Saturday, anyone doing anything especially interesting?
Not me
mykneesareback is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2013, 09:25 PM   #2

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec.1997
LOL Doris, nothing interesting here. Just the same old stuff. Getting ready to head out Sunday.

How about you?
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 10:32 PM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Thanx for the start, Doris.

Linda, where are you going?

Tomorrow, we are having a bunch of friends over for dinner and in the afternoon, Gabe is going fishing again. He was really excited to have caught a salmon his first time out.
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 01:00 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
Posed to rain but I have not checked the weather yet.

Up since 3: am ish with tummy. May cut back fiber suppliment to one a day for a while.
Tired out before startin laundry so that is on the agenda FOR SURE this day.
E-mail from Ila- they are coming to take me to dinner for my birthday Sept. 30, she said THEY are picking the place- guess they do not like me choices.
Guess I'll go ahead and make my mornin coffee- don't think I could get back to sleep now. I did go to bed around 9: last niht.
bbl soon
Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 06:48 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 35down
Stats: 209/156/135
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: April 1, 2013
Good Morning! House is quiet this morning-all asleep but me.

Norfolk Mermaid-sure sorry you are awake early with those tummy issues.

Begete-Way cool for Gabe catching his first salmon. I went salmon fishing one time about 38 years ago But spent the day being seasick instead of fishing. LOL now-not then though.

Mykneesareback-just want to say hello. Maybe something interesting will come your way today.

LoveMontana-my little grandkids are 4 and 20 months. Lots of changes for them and for me the last couple months what with their moving. son/daughter-in-law have found a nanny for the boys,but they need to do a 'share a nanny' for it to be financially feasible. All makes G-ma nervous. But for the weekend now, got to tuck them in bed last night and will again tonite and savor the sweet grandkids minutes while they are here. I still will have the fun of getting my two older grandkids off to school mornings starting in September.

MsSarge-Thanks so much for the wilds of Costco warning. I will be extra vigilant while I am there. LOL! We have a Trader Joes near by, but have never gone to it. Have been wanting to take a 'field trip' there. Have you ever?

Well, husband just waved at me so better go start some coffee. Little Grandsons should sleep in this morning as G-pa and G-ma let them stay up way past bedtime.

Have a super day, Everyone!

35down
35down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 07:18 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Big, big laundry done so far...

Doing some "one at a time" now to break it up a bit... then the "I hope" last of it with a big darks load. Dryer done stuff is all hung and sorted but still one dryer load when the darks are washed. Hanger dry stuff will take a while as the air is very damp even inside. Doing all I can before the heat comes back on Wednesday.
Flying the Dyson and a scrubbing (I go the hands and knees route) of the kitchen and bath floors.
The Jeep is loaded up with the "four seperate- one at a time) donation bags for Good Will so I can get a 20% discount on everything I buy that day. They give you a card they punch. Sundays are the very best days to go. hmmm, I wonder if each store lets you do that? I' ll find out as that sure would hurry up getting rid of my donations.
NOW, to find closets to put away all the hanged items.
Nice to have a break from the weeds.
Thanks 39 down! 1/2 a Percoset did the trick this morning. The after cancer surg. (2 1/2 yrs. now) can sure rear it's ugly head time and again- "pun" intended (colon/rectal cancer) .
Begete- just added Salmon Fishing to my bucket list! That is true fine eating too.
bbl

Oh Mary, our local critic did not like "The Butler" all that much. I'll wait for the rental- "patience is bitter but the fruit is sweet"! He did say it was not as "sappy" as he expected. I do like that actor though after seeing him in "THE Crying Game" years ago.
bbl

Last edited by Norfolk Mermaid; 08-17-2013 at 07:23 AM..
Old 08-17-2013, 09:40 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Good morning all...back to planning on N coming to clean today. I'm sure glad I'm not young anymore, the drama of life (even vicariously through her) is a bit much. I'm sure you can imagine a women in her 30's with two teens and a three-year old...her life is one drama after another.

Joni...although I warn of the wilds of the "big box stores" you don't have to be that cautious at TJ's....it's much tamer there...but, of course, the stuff jumps into the basket there, too...they have great grass-fed beef and wild caught salmon, fantastic soy/sesame chips, and the only place I can get ginger candy. be very cautious going through the wine aisles as they have some great vintages at very good prices. I guess you can tell, I love TJ's, too.

Glad Gabe enjoyed salmon fishing...my salmon fishing memories are very limited...flying in on a pontoon plane to the Yukon river, taking a boat out to the fish wheel and loading the plane with about 400 pounds of King salmon. Also, since August is the last of the spawning months in Alaska driving through the pass with the stream beside the road pack ed with the ugly little guys (the males all grow ugly snouts for fighting off the others), and then the smell when they all die.

Fur kids are begging for breakfast, so gotta run...hope you all have a great day today

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 03:18 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 35down
Stats: 209/156/135
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: April 1, 2013
Good Afternoon.

Norfolk Mermaid-I admit I had wondered re: cancer as on a post or two since I have joined Low Carb Friends you mentioned chemo left over issues or something along that line that made me think you had had a cancer adventure at some point. I admire your spirit and as I said before, you do just keep on going on.

MsSarge-Also thanks for the Trader Joe tips. Will be looking for those chips. Have been missing a crunch occasionally and I have no self-control with nuts. At Christmas, I saw some chocolate wine in the wine aisle at the grocery store and almost bought it for a gift for my daughter-in-law. I don't know much about wines-except in the very old days I think I remember liking Annie Greensprings and maybe there was a Boones Farm. Anyway, I do like to walk the wine aisle for fun looking at wine names. There are some really fun names.

Well, the little grandsons didn't sleep in too long this morning, but that's okay. They are off now with their mom and dad searching for little boy shoes. Then on to visit the other Grandma for dinner and then back here. So husband and I are heading out to the tool store for a bit.

Talk to you all later.

35down-Joni
35down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 04:05 PM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Well, more drama, so no cleaning today...I got some cleaning done on the pc, tho'. Does that count for anything? Been frustrated with everything running so slowly, but I guess that's how it goes...my laptop is also frustrating but there is not much I can do about it.

Also working on draining the hot tub...after spending $$ on the heater and a new cover, I give Up...now I've developed a leak, Don't know where, but probably in the hosing under the tub or in the jets somewhere....oh well, may it RIP, it's about 17 years old and I've had a good run with it; just don't want to put more money into it.

Hope all y'all had a good day

Last edited by Mssarge; 08-17-2013 at 04:09 PM..
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 04:23 PM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

If Blue's antics weren't enough, now Red is leaving fur in the Naan basket 2.5 hours before our guests arrive for dinner.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...count=1&ref=nf
Old 08-17-2013, 04:59 PM   #11

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/143.6/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Doris, the most interesting thing today was going to work and walking the dog after work in the gorgeous sunshine with a cool breeze up here. Thank you for our push out the door this morning.

Thanks for the reviews on the Butler. Seems all the ladies are ready to go no matter the movie they want to do supper after the show too. Yikes! I guess it is just an outing and the fun of being with company.

Babette, I guess those kitties are keeping you busy. I love it!
I just had Salmon for my supper tonight but not as fresh at that one Gabe landed. It is good to hear that he is enjoying parts of life again.

Waving at everyone and hope to bbt...
Old 08-17-2013, 05:06 PM   #12

I admit I chuckled when I saw the picture, Begete! That's one of the reason's I don't have a cat anymore. My brother's wife had 4 cats, and you couldn't get a cup of coffee in that house that didn't have cat fur floating on top, nor eat on any plate that you didn't have to blow the fur off of it, cakes with frosting had fur, it just turned us off. It's still that way at their house, after all these years, different cats though.
Old 08-17-2013, 05:11 PM   #13

Doris, we did it again.

Babette, I cannot see the pic on FB it is not there when I click on your link.
I am on FB too.
SuSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 05:14 PM   #14

Susan, that is really funny, I'm in here at an odd time, too, was doing dishes and had time before dh wants me to watch boxing with him, lol.

Have a good evening!!
Everyone else on here, the same to YOU!
Old 08-17-2013, 05:17 PM   #15
Blabbermouth!!!

Beete,

Red simply appointed himself as the center piece for the dinner and a mighty fine one at that! WHAT a hollor those two are!
I am about ready for bed but the laundry all done. I'll deal with the put aways tomorrow which won't be bad as all is on hangers and there are very empty spots in 3 of the closets... dresses in one (short & long); tops on a top pole and shorts on a lower pole in the next closet and pants on the space left on the top pole. Sleep wear in the bedroom closet.... then maybe hit Sam's club or the rocery store at least. Craving my fro yo treats to have for August- may go ahead and skip the Blue Bunny Vanilla as the rain is crimpin my exercise outside.
Sleepy zzzzZZZZZZ bbt
Old 08-17-2013, 05:56 PM   #16
Blabbermouth!!!

Old 08-17-2013, 06:15 PM   #17

I LOVE the tablecloth, Begete!!!!
Old 08-17-2013, 07:04 PM   #18
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Doug_H
Stats: 265/203/ Under 200
WOE: Low Carb/Keepin' it simple
Start Date: Oct 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Begete View Post
Doug_H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 06:35 AM   #19

Love the Centrepiece!

Sooooooo Cute!
SuSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:20 AM   #20
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
LOLOLOLOL!!! Babette you have quite a pair! They really keep you on your toes.
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote