Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   The Golden Years (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/)
-   -   SUNDAY's Roll Call, Aug. 11 (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/809817-sundays-roll-call-aug-11-a.html)

mykneesareback 08-10-2013 07:49 PM

SUNDAY's Roll Call, Aug. 11

Let's do it.......................:shake:

Norfolk Mermaid 08-11-2013 06:05 AM

Great good Sunday to all and thanks to our most special Doris!

Shouldn't be here- need to pull on the goloshes (after surgery on my toe nails- just took a whole Percoset 7.5 as digging out the big toes is very painful...now where is my peroxicide? giving it a while for the Big "P" to kick in) .
Brief storms and it may have rain overniht some. More storms after noon so I want to continue on the finally "North 40" on the inside of the front fence. Huge weeds there on the walk way that runs along the fence inside- they come up pretty easy especially when wet like it is now. Looks like maybe 5 or 6 stuffed leaf bags to fill. I'll mix in pruning for breaks. I'll take some pics out there today.
Mary Anne came rushing over yesterday and said a lady on the next street over had put out 2 brown wicker chairs that looked in great shape and she would help me bring them back to my house. I love wicker and have always wanted to own some. They are fantastic and real wicker. Now I need to find out how to prepare them for painting. I have needed a comfy chair for my TV/Exercise room for years. I love color and plan to put one in my kitchen which is red and yellow themed and the TV/Exercise room is touches of orange and neon mint green but I think I will stay with the deep brown that they are and go to Garden Ridge for some like colors in stripes cushions. Mary Anne sure feels like a Blessing from G*d to me and with "Missy" the cameo colored small poodle it is a double blessing. My church Deacon is a remarkable friend, Bev who washes my hair for just 5.00 a week, my neighbors Carolyn Jean and Norman and Neighbor Joe let me know a blessed I really am every time I see any of them. Of course- the Goldens mean the world to me as well. I love my daughter & even the son-in-law but they are too busy for me and that hurts my heart a great deal.
Jeepers sorry for that sad note but it is what it is I guess. Now this Mr. Sneed who is fixing the Cherokee is so full of "GRACE" that he fairly glows and makes me want to just stand near to be in that circle of G*dly light.
The "P 7.5" has kicked in- scapbel, suringe, forcips, BROW- sweat wipe! Where are you nurses when I need you?
Sure am glad the Jeep is not ready or I would so be at that Orchid week end at the nursery.
VERLEEN, the worst is over to my way of thinking as you are physically IN the new home. Your "babies" will begin their adjusting and all will be well. How is "Molly"? Please, please take extra special care of yourself for all of us here. We all have "Pom Poms" in hand for you three and all the "pet babies".
bbl

modon69478 08-11-2013 07:04 AM

Good Morning,

Sorry to hear about that toe surgery, Lainey - Hope you feel better soon.

Today's plans include a trip to the gym, the computer store, and Sprouts - to get some more low carb bread. I'm to going to make some ribs later on and then spend some time relaxing!

Enjoy your day!
Michele

ocali 08-11-2013 08:50 AM

Michele, keep on buying at Sprouts. One of my sons is a stock holder in that company.

mykneesareback 08-11-2013 09:04 AM

We just saw a "Sprouts" yesterday, while driving around Frisco, lol, now I'll have to check it out. First we need Costco, and that will take care of our budget for food for awhile though.

Sorry about your toes, Lainey, what made you go and do that so suddenly? Must hurt to walk at all. You are lucky to get those wicker chairs, we like those, also.

Michele, enjoy your day, also.

I need to do laundry right NOW, get off of this computer!

Begete 08-11-2013 10:22 AM

Good morning. Yesterday morning, my unofficial weigh in was 170.2, but then we went to a party. I had 3 glasses of wine and a individual blueberry tart, but other than that was really good on my WOE. Yet this morning I was 171.8. All I ate was shrimp cocktail, grilled salmon and green salad. I had about 1/4 cup taste of the rice salad. Just not fair. I do not think it is water retention because I made quite a few trips to the powder room during the night.

Norfolk Mermaid 08-11-2013 11:25 AM

Toes went easy for a change....

I do it myself. Watched the podiatrist for years in N.Y. in case I ever needed to do it for myself... go glad I did! I am just not as fast as he was but that's OK. Didn't even bleed this time.
Been working out side since about 7: am. 5 1/2 hrs flew by. Looks like rain might come so I will put the stuff back into the garage with only what I really need to pull them thar weeds. That way I can dash into the house if the rain comes. Then it will be laundry and flying the Dyson some more. I am real hungry but drinking butter milk- high acid which I am trying to get rid of all the acids and not buy them any more. For HEALTH RESTORATION: 80% ALKALINE- forming foods and 20% ACID- forming foods. For HEALTH MAINTENANCE: >60% of diet ALKALINE-forming foods and <40% ACID forming foods. HIGH ACID: cranberries, blackberries, prunes, raisins; pickles; white flour, white rice; peanuts, walnuts; beef, pork, shellfish, cheese, milk, ice cream; splenda, equal, nutra sweet, sweet & low; beer wine & soda.
HIGH ALKALINE: watermelon, spinach, cauliflower, watercress. broccoli, cukes, kale; bean sprouts; olive oil; stevia; lemon water, green juice (?), herbal teas. Some other but mildly alkaline foods are- feta cheese; melon, grapes, blueberries, figs, apples; peppers, beets, carrots, celery, cabbage, tomatoes; lima beans; maple syrup; coconut water, kombucha (?). Don't even know what those two question marks are.
THIS FORMULA IS SUPPOSED TO LET YOU LOSE 20lbs. IN 4 WEEKS!
From "For Women FIRST magazine. I did try years ago to help my diabetes with avoiding the acid foods but left it when I got into Atkin's again.
bbl

Mssarge 08-11-2013 11:42 AM

good morning all, my usual Sunday, 'puter, feed tail waggers, crossword, but not NASCAR (sorry Linda...like I said, love NASCAR, just not the road courses although I think the Glen is one of the best, if not the best..loved SCCA, too. I almost drove in the SoCal branch so many years ago, I hate to think of it.)

Lainey, so glad for you for the wicker but sorry the footsie is a'hurting and so glad you found such a good running mate.

Babette, it really is water retention even with the trips to the loo overnight...the body will need more water to process the wine, but you'll be back down after a day or so. I think I got used to the bounces of the metal monster that lurks in the bathroom with my alternate day lifestyle. Wish I could hit 170, but I guess I'm not sticking to it like I was last year....the 40 I lost is so great, I can't seem to knuckle down for the final 40.

Doris, you'll love Sprouts when you get there. I hope the one in your area is a nice large one, some of them are very small so don't have the selection some of the larger ones do. I think Sprouts and Wild Oats are part of the same conglomerate now so have much the same thing. I wish we had one here...I have a very small independent store in my town, a larger Indie in Loma Linda but no Whole Foods, Sprouts or Wild Oats within reachable range....hmmm, maybe I'll check to see if Temecula has one...that's 40 miles away.

Time to run, pups are telling me it's time to eat...have a great day folks...(excuse my stream of consciousness...I'm a chatty cathy today, it seems)

mykneesareback 08-11-2013 11:57 AM

Begete, maybe alcohol turning right into glucose when you embibe it has something to do with it? Maybe eating more food, weighs more, anything little thing can do it, even if you starve and drink water can do it, it depends on so much more than stupid carbs.

Lainey, that magazine isn't any better than any other magazine featuring the diet of the week, plan of the month, unproven "scientific" stuff, etc., and, if any of what they said worked, everyone would be slim by now, these rags have been around for years....my mother used to buy them. Don't fall prey to them, one thing you will lose is money spent on them. It ain't a Billion dollar business for nothing. Happening time and time again, aiming at women folk, since at least the 1940's and 1950's. Advertising pays millions to these magazines, doesn't matter if it's lies, money talks, health of the consumer doesn't mean a thing. :dunno:

Off to cook some stuff to take to son's place, dil is making chicken and a new tomato salad she found a recipe for.

Pleasant evening to you all.