Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2013, 08:33 PM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Thanx for starting us off, Doris.
I will be out and about tomorrow. This weekend is the Coupeville Arts Festival, and we hope to be there when it opens before it gets too hot.

In the late afternoon, friends are having their annual bocce tournament and dinner.

Sunday is our chapter of the American Rhododenrum society garden tour auction and dinner.

Have a great weekend everyone
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 04:13 AM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
Good Morning and thanks Doris. (& Begete)

No "braces" getting in my way Susan! Those occasional dreams I consider gifts from the Lord just for me and enjoy them for weeks afterward. They just show up out of the starry night or like the last one on a long, hot, sultry summer afternoon nap. hee, hee.
Still promising heavy rain this afternoon and for the next few days off and on. I won't say I'll do housework because saying it seems to nix it so I'll just do what I can.
Begete, this week end is Orchid Week End at my most fav nursery/farm "White's Nursery". I am simplifiying and forcing myself NOT to go and am even letting my very, very old Christmas Cactus go and maybe one of my small orchids. The two giant (orchids) ones will be re-potted and cut way back so it's pretty new growth can take over.
Everyone- do some of what you want this week end and shun those carbs. I am looking at my acid foods and doing WWAY to much of them so will be stopping that and increasing my most alkaline foods.
bbl

Last edited by Norfolk Mermaid; 08-10-2013 at 04:15 AM..
Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 05:51 AM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
Good Morning, Begete, your weekend sounds wonderful to me!! dh wants to go to a nursery to buy some Crabapple trees, and have those to go with all of the Crape Myrtles here. We haven't been to any plant nursery since last year. Enjoy the Art's Festival!

Hi Lainey, get out your paperbacks and enjoy those, they might bring you some more dreams more frequently as I recall. Eat something delicious!

We are going to son's for Mexican breakfast, and than heading to look at a house that dil is interested in, all on one level, their two story townhouse is becoming a pain with those 2 sets of stairs. I don't know about the rest of today though.

Have a good day, whether it's errand running or whatever, at least you are up and about and able to deal with it. Also sending hugs and good thoughts to Verleen, and Louise and Bob are also in my prayers.

Sharon, how is your eye today?

Linda, is this the last race at Watkins' or is there one more?

Off to the races, friends! Gladys was right, no more boring!

You realize, don't you, it's not "just about the food".!
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 07:54 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: weezie
Stats: 160/129/125 (5' 3")
WOE: mostly low carb
Hi all-

Doris, thank you for the prayers. So glad your son came through well.

I'm having some pain today. Will find out what's going on when I see the doc on Monday. The annoying thing is that any pain anywhere sets up a "sympathetic" pain in my port site (upper left chest). Took some tylenol. Let's hope that works. Don't want to take anything stronger if I don't need to.

Bob is due to have his last chemo on Monday (yippee!) and I'm due for my 3rd Doxil treatment. So far, so good.

Had planned to get some chores done today but I think I'll laze around and read instead.

Hope you all have a lovely day.

-Louise
weezie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 08:04 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 35down
Stats: 209/156/135
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: April 1, 2013
Good Morning Everyone! We did get a big thunderstorm last night here in eastern Washington around midnight or so. Heard it for a bit, but then got up to check it out for a while, too. Rained enough that I won't have to drag hoses around to water the lawn today.

Was up early enough today to watch Pioneer Woman cooking show in real time, but then got sidetracked and missed some of it. Always thought I would be living on a farm looking out the window at the cows (certainly not on Pioneer Woman scale though) since I married a farm boy but not how things turned out. We did have horses for a bit, but not for a long time.

Need to go find some breakfast. You all have a great weekend. Will check back in later to see how everyone is doing.

35down
35down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 08:14 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Hey y'all...just checking in and letting you know I'm still on this side. Temps in the 50's overnight which felt really great this morning. Our three fires are still burning...and they arrested a couple of people for setting another fire which was quickly brought under control...jeez, what gives with people?

Linda, I'm sure your community is inundated with people this weekend for the "Glen." I'm not interested that much in road courses, so won't be watching it. As far as I am concerned is the best part of that race is the area...love that part of New York. Do y'all go, or, more likely stay off the roads as the congestion must be terrible.

My usual quiet Saturday, but I may run to the mall to do my walk then catch a movie...have to check to see what's showing. Have a great day, all.

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 08:33 AM   #8

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
Start Date: Dec.1997
Good morning everyone,

Thanks for the start off, Doris. Enjoy that Mexican Breakfast and house hunting with your son and DIL.

There are quite a few events at the Glen : Watkins Glen International - Watkins Glen International

However this is the really big one.

Babette, enjoy your busy weekend.

LOL Lainey, enjoy those dreams when you can.

Mary, I stay the heck away from most areas when there are all of those people in town. NASCAR isn't my thing. Did enjoy the Sports Car Club of America races back in the 70's and was even on the Medical Race team.

Louise, good to hear your DH is having his last chemo.

35down , do you have a real first name?

Off to get gas and pick up a few groceries.
Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr

As Jack Nicholson said in the Bucket List "Somewhere right now, some lucky B*st*rd is having a heart attack"
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 11:00 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
HooWoo! I'm here.

I've be just lazing around this morning. D went out early this morning for the start of hunting season. I was just reading about the meteor shower that's happening this weekend. Wondering where we could go to get a good view.

Louise lazy days are a good thing. Glad to hear Dh is coming to the end of his treatment.

Linda I don't remember ever being put out for any dental treatment. Now I'm glad I have just had novicaine. Not sure how that's spelled but relieved just the same.

Begete enjoy your festival today. It will be nice having son visit. Any fun things planned?

D's home now. I asked him if he went back to sleep in the hills. He said almost. HA! No luck and I'm not upset about that. I just think he likes the outing at his age he's not all that enthused about the prize.

Enjoy your day everyone. See you soon.

"Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it.”
Eckhart Tolle

Sharon
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 11:09 AM   #10

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/144/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Happy Saturday All,

Thanks again Doris for our start and Linda as a prompt back up.

I had a lovely morning down at the river front park with the Hospice group ladies, watching the varieties of birds and the sail boats. An absolutely perfect day for a walk around the park. We walk up to the light house and then walk back it takes about an hour. We sit in the park on picnic tables and have coffee and goodies. I just had the coffee today, trying my best.

DGD was Grand Champion in her little riding show today, so DD called me from Montreal to let me know. They are thrilled that she might possibly make it to the Royal Winter Fair in Toronto in the Fall.

Lainey, Gladys is right braces are suspenders. Ha! but you reported none in the way huh? Hilarious! Acid foods huh, wonder if that causes those dreams. I gotta get me some acid foods.
Hope you get your wheels back soon.

Louise, good to see your post. Sorry to hear you have pain. It sure is a good idea to take it easy as much as you can. Sending Big Hugs and Prayers always for you both.

Waving at Everyone and hope to check back later...
Old 08-10-2013, 12:40 PM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Ugh! gotta make a run out to the store...don't know which one yet as I just hate to shop on Saturday...too many people out there. During my housecleaning, I moved my light bulbs from where I've stored them since I moved in here 17 years ago...guess what? I can't find 'em anywhere and I've searched every room, every cupboard, even the hidey holes....found lots of empty spaces I can now fill up but no light bulbs anywhere. So, it's off to the store to buy some, then the others will come home "wagging their tales behind them." sheeeesh! Why is if every time I put something where I'll be sure to find it, it's completely lost.

Sharon, my dad always said he was a hunter...not a shooter. The only time he had a eight-point buck in his sights, he got buck fever. Once it was a good thing as the four of us (mom, dad, brudder and I) were staking out a garbage pit on a black bear hunt when we all decided we weren't carrying enough fire power to put a bear down...oh the joys of the hunter.

Now to brave the wilds of the Wally World (I guess) in search of the wild 60 watt light bulbs (back porch light is out)...wish me luck.

Last edited by Mssarge; 08-10-2013 at 12:42 PM..
Mssarge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 12:52 PM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Verleen
Stats: 195/135/135
WOE: Rosedale
Start Date: November 2004
Hi. I'll be happy to have my desktop computer back some day soon. I'll try to make this brief before I lose it all.

No, we are not selling our old house.

I put some glassware away today and washed some pictures and paintings for the walls. Better get before I lose it.
Verleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 01:02 PM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Verleen
Stats: 195/135/135
WOE: Rosedale
Start Date: November 2004
Louise, I'm sorry you are having some pain. It is better to keep it under control.

Doris, animals are doing great. Today Paulie finally relaxed a little. He's our little conure parrot. I can see that getting settled is going to take a long time.

I get so little done and then I'm down for the day. There's been some temper flare ups among all three parties here.
Verleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 01:04 PM   #14

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
Verleen, glad to see you, and I SURE do understand about the TEMPER Flareups, Boy Howdy!!!....................
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 01:33 PM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: modon69478
Stats: 143/132.4/118
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
Hi Everyone,

So glad to see Verleen's and Louise's posts.

Have had a productive day so far - donated some old computer equipment, visited a consignment store and found a really cute suit for only $20!, did grocery shopping, and came home to do laundry. Will be settling down for some a/c and Netflix this afternoon/evening.

Waving to Loretta, Susan, Doris, Sharon, Mary, Babette, Lainey, Linda, 35down, and anyone I may have missed.

BBT,
Michele
modon69478 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 02:41 PM   #16

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
Start Date: Dec.1997
LOL Susan, there isn't anything quite as relaxing as sitting by a lake or river and watching the boats and birds.

Sharon, Never have been put out for any procedure I've ever had. Not even my hysterectomy, knee surgery, rhinoplasty, colonoscopy....No sedation either. Been in the OR too much to see just how dangerous that crap is.

Oh Verleen, yes tempers do flare during a very stressful move.
Hope the poor animals settle in very soon, and you get your desktop up and running.

Mary, LOL you do need a lot of firepower to put down a black bear.

Not much going on around here, just finished making a low carb stir fry for dinner. BBL.
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote