Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   The Golden Years (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/)
-   -   THURSDAY's Roll Call, Aug. 8 (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/809666-thursdays-roll-call-aug-8-a.html)

mykneesareback 08-07-2013 07:41 PM

THURSDAY's Roll Call, Aug. 8

I'm rolling us out the door early tonight, for tomorrow, friends. :stars:

Norfolk Mermaid 08-07-2013 08:29 PM

Nihty Niht and Good Morning all for tomorrow.

Doris, the best news ever and so happy for all y'all.
Yawning my head off so can hardly see.
Hope to et the Cherokee tomorrow. No wheels- no life.
bbl

Begete 08-07-2013 11:47 PM

Doris....so glad to hear your news.

We went to movie tonight...saw The Heat with Sandra bullock and Melissa McCarty. Definitely a chick flick. My friend and I giggled throughout it, but DH fell asleep.

ocali 08-08-2013 05:33 AM

Doris, wonderful news about DS.

Had a really great time with friend at lunch yesterday , lots of laughs and good food.

Msevon2 08-08-2013 08:49 AM

Praise the Lord for His blessings on your son Doris. Now on to bigger and better things for him.

I am on vacation this week so I have my days and nights mixed up. I did manage to get up at 8:30 this morning and got the clothes on the line to dry. It was so bright and shinny when I went out and after I got to the line the sun was hid in the clouds, now it is peep pie time. Been 2 hours so I guess I will go out and see if any are dry enough to bring in, just in case the sky does cry. But we have not had a lot of rain since the deluge. Some of the field have not completely dried out though. Never seen it take so long and for August our temps are really below normal. Guess it has something to do with the sun flipping. Or was it the moon.

Blessings on all. Later, evon

Norfolk Mermaid 08-08-2013 09:00 AM

Trying to be outside-

It is so intensely hot that nausea comes on in about 5 minutes- cloudy and burning hot sun makes for a sickenin combo of heat plus very high humidity.
I don't think I can spend any time out there today and that is the first time I have said that in many a summer if ever. Rain maybe toniht but it could come earlier I am hoping. Even the thought of eating anything is repellent but I know for sure that I must eat something or could get really sick... yellow squash with Eggbeaters and I think there is some sausage patties in the freezer.
Still waiting to hear for the Cherokee to be ready but Mary Ann is taking her Dad for a tread mill test that she thinks will take most of the day- she will demandin a cardiologist to be present but I do not see that happening. I have no idea how to pick it up- maybe Neighbor Joe across the street will help me out.
My corn fest has cost me dearly but I expected it to happen and so far it was worth that yummy corn. I saved some raw corn ends for the squirrals across the street. I'll take the corn there cause the cats would be very happy to have them as playmates until the bushey tails met their doom.
Off to the kitchen to make that "brunch".
When I turn that calunder page to October I plan to bow 3 times and thank the Lord profusely.
Where is it winter NOW! I want to o there.
bbl
bbl

Mssarge 08-08-2013 10:19 AM

Good morning all...that fire is still out of control so praying for all. This makes the fourth fire near Banning this year and each has been really bad; must be our time in the basket.

Glad I got the house and patio cleaned up yesterday as the elders are coming this afternoon...they won't even come into the house without a man here, so that's why the major cleanup on the patio. When we cleaned the chairs, tho', discovered they are oxidizing pretty badly, so white stuff coming off when you touch 'em. Guess I'll have to throw a towel on the seats, can't have them getting white stuff on their black pants.

That's the excitement in my neck of the woods...hope your's is nice and quiet.

mykneesareback 08-08-2013 01:35 PM

We saw on the news about the terrible fire there, Mary, just awful, and poor people that have to fight it, or leave or have their house burn down, dang it!
What kind of "elders" come to see you and have to sit outside, Mary? Let them in, land of Goshen!!

Julie, glad you had a happy lunch.......:)

Begete, my dh would sleep during one of those movies, and in fact, wouldn't even go to one, how did you manage to have John come along?

Lainey, would that place bring your car to you?? Then you drive it back, pay, and then you are on your way, without having to look around for someone.

Msevon2, thank you for your prayers for our son.

We spent another morning dealing with getting the car registered, dh's license plate numbers applied for, and finally got that part done. Then, wanted to get our driver's licenses done, but the office in this town is awful, way too many people in line, slow, same as in Calif.. So the gal at the car registration gave us a tip, drive to Sherman, TX, 30 miles further north, and there is a small place there, it goes quickly, no waiting. So, off we went, no real address, just an exit number. Found the place, but turns out we need all kinds of personal info when coming from another state. I even have to bring our marriage certificate, real social security card, mail with our new address on it, birth certificate, we need our Naturalization certificate, and dh can't even find my birth certificate, don't know why, had it to get social security..............I had an easier time getting into East Berlin during the time of the Berlin Wall, than it will be to get a license!!!

Kids are coming for dinner tonight, fixing thin pork chops, asparagus, some kind of noodles, and Silas will get chicken nuggets because that is what he prefers, at the moment.

Have a good "rest of the day", friends.

SuSUN 08-08-2013 04:11 PM

Running in as I just got home.:cool:

I had a lovely day with a GF we went for coffee and a chat.
We browsed the stores. Lowe's, Bed, Bath, Michael's and such.
I bought a few things and some patio cushions from Lowe's so a good afternoon shopping.:up:

Sooooo Very Happy to hear your DS's good news Doris. as I said yesterday...ditto.:clap:

Babette, Last month, I went to see the Heat with Sandra Bullock as I love her movies. It was okay, but I felt it was spoiled with all that language from Melissa, not my cup of tea for sure.:)

I hear there is a new movie out with Oprah in The Butler I may go to see that with a GF or two. Trouble is they always want to eat out...struggling.:dunno::stars:

Hope tbbt...:heart:

Mssarge 08-08-2013 06:34 PM

Hey guys, t'was nice sitting on the patio with the elders...only 90 degrees with a nice breeze blowing. Doris, the guys won't go into a house with a woman alone, only if another man is present. It's for their protection as well as mine...

Susan, if I'm out with the gals and it's my down day, I'll have just a salad or an appetizer with a lot of whatever I'm drinking. I'm fortunate in that everyone understands and is very supportive; I'm sure your friends would be as well.

Also Doris, I've heard all kinds of horror stories of people trying to get their driver's licenses in Texas...don't know why it's so difficult. And we thought the DMV in California was difficult.

Sundance channel is airing M*A*S*H now, so really enjoying it as it's been such a long time since I've seen it...enjoyed the TV show, but the movie holds a special place in the heart.

Mssarge 08-08-2013 07:56 PM

Hey, did y'all see the article in today's paper about Downton Abby? The cast gave interviews for the next season which starts soon in the UK. Apparently one more season, in addition to this year's is planned, so it'll be around for a while.

Thanks to all y'all I'm hooked....and looking forward to the next season.

Norfolk Mermaid 08-08-2013 08:57 PM

Sooo sleepy- can't keep my eyes open.

Still no Cherokee but Mary Anne drove me to the store so I got cash and to Ms. SuSun some extra jumbo Shrimp which she danced all over the kitchen while I peeled them after they cooled a little so I could peel them for her. I only gave her a few at a time because if she scarfs them she miht bring them back up- besides I love watching her dance while I peel the next round. She is quite the boogie-er.
Tomorrow is hair wash day since it was to hot to walk over there today. Hopin for the Jeep to be ready for Mary Anne and I to go get it and my life becomes as normal as it can get. Heat tomorrow supposed to be worse than today so I not looking forward to that. Cool down to come in 3 or 4 days.
Nihty night all.
bbt