LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2013, 07:21 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
WEDNESDAY's Roll Call, Aug. 7

Begete, how did the flower basket turn out, and which flowers did you choose?

It's another Wednesday and "hump Day", already.

Go for whatever you can today, friends A little or a lot!
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-2013, 09:34 PM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/163.4/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Thanx for the start, Doris. What are yor plans today?

The flower basket turned out really well, but we were in such a hurry to get it to the brides, I never had a chance to take a photo.

Tomorrow, will be another pruning day. I think DH and I will go to the movies, so we will pack sandwiches to eat in the car after exercise and go see The Heat which we heard is really funny.

ANOTHER WASHINGTONIAN? Where are you from? I am on Whidbey Island.
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 06:02 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ocali
Going out for lunch today with a friend. I'd better not eat much for breakfast, if at all.
Otherwise, same old, same old. I'm watching you all and keeping up.
Oh, I now have weeds amongst some of my azalea bushes that are taller than the bushes. I'm waiting for someone to come to trim, pull weeds (Lainey, want to do it?), spread mulch, etc., etc. Maybe even pull out some leggy old bushes and put in a few new ones instead. I remember the days I used to do all this myself....no more!!
ocali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 06:05 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 174 1/2 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Summer foods- back to UP DAYS/DOWN DAYS Oct. 1, 13
Start Date: 8-3-2012 UD
Good Morning and thanks Doris.

The pullin of weeds continues with some weed whacking the curb strip mixed in. Adult weeds are a horror and the roots go so deep that I am flailing myself for letting that happen and "OH YES" this girl has learned her lesson. Baby weeds pull up like butter and I will designate a paper lined pretty little basket for just baby weed pulling and march the perimeter on a designated day of the week for just that purpose WINTER and summer. For the life of me I do not remember weeds like this in New York.
Need some breaky to o with my Janumet & supplements. A peanut butter on one slice of my thin Italian bread would be easy.
All the children's cars are next door so I am praying that "Norman" is OK and hoping it is just test. Just about life long friends and I would be so devastated if something bad happened. I think the shingles hurt his heart in some way.
Saying prayers for him/them of course.
bbl

Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 09:01 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/168.5/155
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Good morning all..still cool and still enjoying it. We have another low lined up off shore that will come in next week, keeping us cool. Nuttin' planned for the day, may take in a movie which would be a walk in the mall as well.

Hope you all have a great day...
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:32 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 35down
Stats: 209/156/135
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: April 1, 2013
Good morning Everyone! Bright, sunshiney day here. I had the nervous munchey cravings yesterday, and ate a half bag of pork rinds and I don't even like them. I think I am cured of them for a while-weird no carb item that they are supposed to be.

Canned up 8 half pints of raspberry jelly this morning for my brother. I picked the raspberries from his garden. If they don"t set up, he will have raspberry pancake syrup. definitely not low carb as the pectin recipe called for 7 1/2 cups sugar to 4 cups juice. I made it through without taste testing anything.

Looks like WEEDS are on the agenda for some of you today. I wish you success in that endeavor. And going to a movie sounds like a fun thing to do today.

Guess I will go out and pull a few weeds of my own. Maybe talk to you all later.
35down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 12:11 PM   #7

This must be the "weedy" time of summer, we have some out front, but there is mulch to keep some of them away. dh says he will do them in Sept., or run out very early in the am. Had more weeds in Calif., but the whole acre had a lot of weeds, many bloomed, so we left them to make seeds for the birds. I do miss the hummingbirds, no window here gives a good, close view of them.

Well, daughter in law just called, and son's doctor called him to say it looks as though he is cancer free, and they will just keep checking him every 3 months now.........so we are having a mild celebration here tomorrow evening, and going out on Friday for our weekly "out to eat" gathering. Thanks to everyone/anyone who said prayers for our "boy".......

Had a annoyingly busy day today, went to register the car for Texas, had to head to the county courthouse, were told that we had to have our car checked out first....so drove back towards home, found a place for that, and had that done. Were pooped by then, but still needed to fax paperwork to our realtor in Calif., so found a Fed Ex place to do that, and had lunch at a Deli near that. Took part of lunch home, will have that for dinner. Tomorrow it's back to that courthouse, and get the car settled, and then on to the DMV, which will be another annoyance. There is so much roadwork on the highway here, the GPS kept sending us down closed roads, it took forever to just go 6 miles. Will try another way tomorrow. Doggone it!

Begete, glad the wedding was nice and went off without a hitch, I'm sure the flowers were lovely.

Off to finish paperwork here.

"Be Your OWN Inspiration!"

Calories IN, Calories OUT, old fashioned but True...
Old 08-07-2013, 12:37 PM   #8

Gallery: Loretta V
Stats: 140/118/120
WOE: Low Carb & Modified JUDDD Jan. 2012
Start Date: July 2001/ Low Carb Friends 9/2001
so happy to hear that news for your DS Doris. That is wonderful. So happy for you all to be close to one another now.

Busy day here shopping and blood draw for John for his Vitamin d level. He has had to take 500,000 units 2 x a week now for a month. He was very low on D. The VA in Paducah can do some lab work there which saves us a trip to a town in Ill.

Shopped at Sam's Club and Krogers. Good to be home sitting in my easy chair.
Loretta V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 02:15 PM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
Finally getting in here. Wonderful news Doris. So glad your son is ok.

My eye is doing better. Doc has me on drops for a week then I'll be back there for a check see. My sight is a little fuzzy on that side yet.

Got a little walk in this morning. I took the dogs with me for the walk to Target to have the eye drop script filled. D. drove over so we could get our shopping done while the boys waited for us in the car. It's been nice and cool so they didn't mind the wait.

I've been using my kindle speech feature to finish a couple of books on it. It's a robotic voice but gave my eye a rest anyway.

The scale is going in the right direction now finally. I'm down 14 pounds since last month. I'm feeling better not lugging that extra around. Walking felt good today.

Lainey I'm glad you enjoyed your fresh corn. What a real treat.

Julie I don't blame you about not doing the yard work. My favorite thing to do is point out all the little yardie things D needs to do. Hee hee!

Have a good one.

Sharon
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 04:03 PM   #10

Loretta, isn't that something, how shopping can sort of wear a person out, and seems to take so long now? I wonder if it's all the choices, and decisions to make. Sorry John has low Vit. D issues, and it is sure good that you don't have to drive so far for the tests and appts.

Sharon, glad your eye seems better, do they know what happened to it? My sis in law suddenly had eye trouble when she and my brother were in Sweden, she has had 2 laser surgeries on it, had to go to Arizona to have it done. They really don't know why it happened though.

We were so tired this afternoon, took a nap, woke up to the sound of a lawnmower, thought it was the neighbors. Still have boxes in the garage because it's too hot to go out there to finish with them, and we have been too busy early each morning with these appts. all the time. Still need to find a dermatologist, and then I want to find a female doctor for myself.

Hope you can enjoy your evening.
Old 08-07-2013, 04:59 PM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: birdlady
Start Date: june03
Doris,glad you got great news.
Hot out there bout died feeding a few minutes ago.Usually I try to do some cleaning but not today.
Too hot to type.lol
BBL
birdlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 05:22 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: modon69478
Stats: 143/131.8/118
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
So glad to hear the good news, Doris - Now you can relax!
modon69478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 06:20 PM   #13

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/151.6/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Good News! Yeah! How wonderful Doris, glad to hear that.

Sorry about your frustrating day with the Gov't car people.

If its any consolation I was over 2 hours this morning at the hospital having my yearly MRI for the boobs. Lots of waiting, first to have the IV in, then in the machine for a bout 45 mins, then waiting to see if I had any reaction to the dye after I got out of the machine. Then, if any brain cells left to pay parking $13 all automated with my Visa. Then out to the parking garage to drive around and around to get out. Yes, I was exhausted.

Waving at everyone, sleep well and hope to bbt...
Old 08-07-2013, 06:22 PM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/168.5/155
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
No movie for me today....N came over and cleaned a bit, then a quick trip to the marketo for ff half/half and they didn't have any either (yesterday's market trip was a bust, too)..so have to make do with the hood's carb countdown and some milk...oh well, I'd probably complain if they hung me with a new rope...old saying from home.

Doris, happy dance, happy dance, happy dance So glad to hear the DS is clear...good news comes in bunches. Also, "they" have changed their prognostication...no additional low coming in next week...the high that's been bugging y'all will be making its way west and we'll have higher temps next week...maybe the monsoonal flow again. It's summer.

Another fire in the IE...this one out near Banning but they're using the high school in Hemet as the evacuation point...last one near Lake Elsinore is 70% or so contained now and they kept it away from all the homes. This one is not being that good and has already burned several homes, and they're really big homes in that area. Our fire danger is extremely high and will be for a loooooooooooooong time yet.

Hope you all had a great day...

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 08:47 PM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
Doris were thinking it's the dry eye thing. I've been lax in putting in my Systane Ultra drops.

Mary I was just reading about the Banning fire. There is so much dryness.

Susan that was quite a day you had. Hopefully the exam comes out A-ok.

Time to get my comfy close on and settle in for the night. See you all tomorrow
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote