LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2013, 08:50 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
WEDNESDAY's Roll Call, July 30

Ok, cross your fingers, and let's pray for a good day for everyone on here!
mykneesareback is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2013, 09:03 PM   #2

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec.1997
Doris and thanks for the start off.

Tomorrow I head to Syracuse to see the vascular surgeon. Packing a little bag, just in case the AAA is ready to stent.

See you all tomorrow night if all goes well.
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 03:39 AM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: modon69478
Stats: 143/133.6/118
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
Hugs to everyone who needs one today!

Michele
modon69478 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 05:40 AM   #4

Thanks, Michele.

Linda, it seems you had that done recently, time goes by fast for that test for you, wishing you well!

We slept at the kid's house, they left before 5, so we are up and ready to go when Silas wakes up, he is not a "morning" person, usually. Daughter in law will call as soon as she knows something.

Begete, how are you doing this morning?

Lainey, your bread sounds good! I buy the small sized slices of sourdough French bread for dh, he can have 2 slices of that kind without his sugars climbing at all, I think it's the Francisco brand.

Off to answer emails while I can, and I need to finally cancel out my old server from Calif. today, so have had to switch to yahoo and gmail address now, it's annoying to change all of the places attached to the old email address.

Have a good day, friends.

You realize, don't you, it's not "just about the food".!
Old 07-31-2013, 06:17 AM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sbwertz
Went to Costco yesterday. They are now carrying unsweetend almond milk YAY!!. A carton of six quarts of the shelf stable unsweetened almond breeze for about $6.

Has anyone tried their seaweed snacks? I've been craving salty snacks. With the weather so hot here, I sweat and crave salt. I have naturally very low blood pressure, so I have to keep my salt intake up. I run about 90/55 most days and my Dr. warns me about keeping my salt intake up. I'd rather eat a salty snack than take salt pills.
sbwertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 07:48 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
Good morning and thanks Doris.

Just to hold my place.
Oh so muggy out and no fun at all. It looks like rain for sure but still not holding my breath.
Prayers going up for Doris and DH and their DS. My dear neighbor Curtis is taking off weight so they can do the "robot" surg. on his prostate... as usual his Dr.'s each want something different done but the "robot" thingy is winning so far. He seems young but to me anybody under 60 is young.
If rain comes I gotta scrub the kitchen and bath floors and find places for all that laundry I got done the other day. The Dyson is also hissing and booing to et used ASAP. Have already pulled some weeds with miles more to go before I sleep.
Having a breakfast of fresh peaches- skins and all so getting my insectdacide dose in first thing.
Sharon, thanks but I use my oven for storage... would love a really small bread machine but afraid I would eat the whole loaf with real butter. yumm. Picked up Egg Beaters yesterday to copy Doris with the yellow squash, red bells and eggs in a tiny amount of evoo- makes a nice supper as well when I am beat down to the ground and starving.
Sending love to Louise and Bob as well as any in need and aren't we all?
bbl

Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:01 AM   #7
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Doug_H
Stats: 265/203/ Under 200
WOE: Low Carb/Keepin' it simple
Start Date: Oct 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMontana View Post
Doris and thanks for the start off.

Tomorrow I head to Syracuse to see the vascular surgeon. Packing a little bag, just in case the AAA is ready to stent.

See you all tomorrow night if all goes well.
Linda, good luck.

It's been 10 years ago for me already. Hard to believe. Never had any issues though.

Doug
Doug_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:02 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Good morning all...hugs to you, too. Nuttin' planned for the day, so we'll see what kinda trouble I get into.

AZ Sharon, that bread recipe looks delish and I'll fershure try it...I don't use my oven, particularly in the summer and usually use a little counter-top oven...and my breadmaker is so old, one setting, one thing only. As I've said, I've been looking at the modern ones and wishing...after all, I am the kit kitchen gadget queen. Now you've given me a reason to think about a new one.

Doris, special hugs coming your way, will be thinking of you all day. Your mention of the difficulty in changing the e-dresses at all the places you've got it is the reason I don't change mine. A few years ago the only service my DH would use was the Web-TV, so I had everything linked to that one....had a hard time getting him used to the verizon one and still lost a lot of contacts. I wish you well on that as well.

My body is certainly looking forward to my down day today as yesterday it seemed to be clogged all day...light and lean stuff today.

Have a great day folks and I hope good things come to all.

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:40 AM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Hi everyone -

Got released from hospital yesterday. The blood tests and all night heart monitoring showed no heart attack, and the only explanation for my dizzy spell seems to be dehydration. I have been asleep most of time since then, as I do not know how they expect any person to sleep in a hospital when just about every hour someone comes in to take tests, give meds, etc.

Red and Blue were so happy to see me they have not let me out of their sight, sleeping on top of me.

Doris - I am sending my positive energy your son's way, hoping for the best possible outcome.

Linda - hopefully you will not need stenting, but if you do, hope it will be an uneventful procedure.

sbwertz - I haven't tried COSTCO's seaweed, but I got some at Whole foods. It is OK, I think, but I much prefer the "crackers" they make from pure parmesan cheese which are also low carb and salty.
Old 07-31-2013, 11:29 AM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: birdlady
Start Date: june03
Doris, thinking about you and your family,hope they can give you some answers today.
Overcast today which is fine with me.
Begete,glad the news was good,if it had been here I would have said heat stroke.
Lainey,be careful with the yard work.
C. just had a scan to see the state of his stent,waiting for a report.I'm sure it ok as they would have called him right back.
I tried the unsweeten almond milk but found it nasty,tried it plain.
BBL

Last edited by birdlady; 07-31-2013 at 11:31 AM..
birdlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 04:12 PM   #11

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/145.6/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Thank YOU Doris for our start. Sending you Big Hugs.

Linda, hope all goes smoothly if they are ready to go with it.

Just getting here we have had another glorious summer day up here. Not too hot mid 75F so bearable. I could actually sit out on the deck this aft and I worked in the garden this morning. I helped my neighbour with his garden he tries sitting in his wheelchair to snip the branches but I picked up after him and bagged it. We chatted too. I think he looks forward to the conversation.

I got my gas bill today for the month it was $192 yikes not sure if the a/c is with gas I though it was electric. I am wondering if this is the catch up month as I am on equal billing. I guess I will follow up on that.

Hope everyone is keeping cool down South.
Old 07-31-2013, 04:54 PM   #12

Hi Everybody,

Sure do wish we would hear from our Doris about her DS and his surgery..

Doug, my goodness it's been 10 years already Holy Cow!! Seems like it was just yesterday.

No procedure yet. It still has to grow a couple more millimeters before they do it. Hell, I just want it over with. Oh well, at least technology is improving in leaps and bounds and the procedure only takes about a half hour now.
Old 07-31-2013, 05:54 PM   #13

I forgot that Doug has that same stent issue, and Glady's Clarence also, at least they are able to check it and keep up with it these days, compared to years ago.

Son had his surgery first patient for this urologist, and they let him go home later on, once he was able to pee, so to speak. The doctor wants a CT scan done on Friday, to see if anything spread. This doctor is supposed to be one of the best for the area, and my son and daughter in law have full trust in him. After they came back home, we ate quickly and headed home to sleep, and they slept, too, plumb tuckered out. Now comes the worry part.

I'm sorry not to comment to each and every one of you nice people, just not feeling up to par here tonight. Glad Linda arrived back home, safely.

Susan, how is your son's shingles??
Old 07-31-2013, 06:09 PM   #14

Doris, happy to hear he was able to come home the same day. Hopefully the cancer hasn't spread and he will heal well and quickly.
Old 07-31-2013, 08:00 PM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Made a quick run to Goodwill's as I needed lettuce and tomato so had to leave the house. Bought a newer bread machine for only $6, got it half price 'cause it had the right color sticker. So, AZ Sharon, now I can use it to mix up that bread. Now, what do I do with a 30-year old bread machine...still works.

So there I was at the market and they didn't have romaine lettuce, picked up a couple of other things, but had to stop at another one for the lettuce...the one with the meat market so, of course, I had to pick up a couple of things...set for tomorrow even tho' I'm going to lunch with the old crew from the workplace...tomorrow will be my third anniversary of retirement and an up day so I'll be able to enjoy it.

Doris, glad the son was able to come home today...I know you must be tired...sleep well tonight and we'll type ya tomorrow.
Mssarge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:21 PM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: modon69478
Stats: 143/133.6/118
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
Just checking back in to see Doris's message - sleep well, friend.
modon69478 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:08 PM   #17
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sbwertz
"So, AZ Sharon, now I can use it to mix up that bread. Now, what do I do with a 30-year old bread machine...still works."

Mine are old Dak/wellbuilt dome tops that are all of 30 years old. I also have a "modern" one, but never use it. The Dak Turbo II's that I have have a single rise cycle that is great for this lc bread. The dough won't rise twice, so if your breadmaker doesn't have a single rise cycle, you will have to take it out after it kneads, shape it raise it and bake it in the oven. Sometimes older is better LOL.
sbwertz is offline   Reply With Quote