Old 07-26-2013, 10:48 PM   #1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Saturday, July 27

Good morning and Welcome to new Sharon.

Today is annual meeting of the Rhododenrum preserve where I volunteer. Bringing a broccoli salad for the pot luck.

Have a great day everyone.
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2013, 05:01 AM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
Good morning all and thanks- sheesh! who opened?

BEGETE! thanks for opening.
It's the co-operative extension farm stand for Mary Anne and I this morning- only opened Sat. and Wed. Gettin some beautiful corn that I passed up last time and my usual red bell peppers, cukes (mine are comin in slow), toms. that unlike the super market have to be eaten very fast, a eggplant this time and some melons. The pecans were 6.00 for a tiny bag so I passed those up but some pears and peaches this time and whatever else looks real good.
Woke up tired and the coffee did not do its magic like usual. I could not take it any longer and fried up two really small, thin, boneless chops in a little butter and Calif. EVOO- OK, right much butter/oil so that may account for the tirdness. I fell on those little pieces of meat like an animal. Then some watermelon.
Will be hittin the weeds harder than yesterday as I ot side tracked with pruning along the fence. Not a hard job but slow with just hand clippers- I have wonderful rachet ones that just amaze me- Mini Craft!
Storms tomorrow supposedly.
Have a good saturday everyone.
later
Lainey

Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 05:46 AM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: modon69478
Stats: 143/132.4/118
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
Good Morning everyone,

Sounds like Lainey and Babette have busy days planned. Hope the rest of you will enjoy your day as well.

Had some good thunder and lightening during the night and got 2" rain. The pup and I got to snuggle for a couple of hours till it all passed.

My agenda for the day is to run a few errands: vet - to pick up some food, dry cleaners, and grocery store. I plan to oil the wooden cabinets in the kitchen, and make some low carb mocha ice cream pops. Will probably watch 'Argo' on Netflix tonight.

What are you guys up to?

Michele
modon69478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 07:02 AM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec.1997
Thanks for the start off, Babette.

Hi to Lainey and Michelle. Storms are heading into our area this afternoon and tonight.

I'm off to Carlie's graduation party. Hopefully the large tents will keep the rain from soaking everyone.
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 08:38 AM   #5

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
Well dang it, Linda, wouldn't yah know, something going on outside, and then it could rain and spoil it, hope it works out well and you don't get drenched.

Thanks for opening, Begete! Love Rhodedendruns!

Michele, you have your Saturday planned out so well, do you use special oil for your cabinets, or something like Liquid Gold? It does make a difference, time consuming job. Glad you had good rain, we had several hours of full out rain early yesterday until almost noon.

Lainey, glad you have a great farmer's market near you, and you got a good supply in.

We emptied some more boxes, good thing we were able to give some away a few days ago, to make more room in the garage. Trying to plan out where to put the Christmas decorations, had a whole closet dedicated to that at the other house, and still need to put the stuff away, has to be in the house.

The "kids" are coming later on today, so figuring out the meals is a new adventure for me. This time, it will be leftovers though. They will bring stuff for Silas, I need to write down the things he eats, different than what the boys ate when they were that age. We are making room in the living room for the couch, supposedly to be delivered next week sometime. It's at the kid's place now, up in the loft room, and the stairs take a hard left and hard right to get the huge piece of furniture, terrible for a mover.

Am I the only one who uses upside down cardboard boxes in leu of a table??

You realize, don't you, it's not "just about the food".!
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 08:38 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Good morning all...not much for me today. N is coming over to do some cleaning, so that'll mean a couple load of wash and I've got to get my kitchen straightened out, that's on me not N....hmmm, maybe I'll have her wash and clip the fur kids...its a thought.

Have a great day...
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 08:58 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Verleen
Stats: 195/135/135
WOE: Rosedale
Start Date: November 2004
Good morning. I got up and emptied the last few drawers in the dresser. I have the night stand to do, plus the two stands with crafts on them. And the BR will be done. It was too much for me. I am now laid up in my chair full of meds. Rich, as usual, keeps procrastinating. He seems he thinks he can get 5 rooms of stuff packed on Tuesday night. Every day he keeps playing with his stuff and doing his fun stuff. That man hates to work. He wants to play all the time. When I try to get him moving, he breaks out into a screaming meltdown. When I pass on, I sure won't miss his screaming. 19 yrs of screaming - I've had enough. Any time I mentioned 'work', I get a screaming tirade - for 19 years. When I was physically able, I did all the work. I try to remember all the good things he does, but it gets harder and harder.

After the meds work and I feel a bit better, I'm going to tackle the end table. I'm suppose to be bed bound, but if I don't do it, there is no one else to do it. Cathy doesn't like work either and never helped me around the house. The only problem with the meds is I get dizzy and off balance, since they upped the dosage. I'll be careful. Gosh, I'm sorry about the venting.

Hey the sun is shining today.

Doris, keeping good thoughts re your son.

Goals:
To live each day the best I can

195/135/135
Verleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 09:40 AM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sbwertz
Baking Day!

I'm on an electric plan that gives me lower rates on weekends, so today is the day I make bread and roast any meats I'm going to have for the week.

I am ok on meats....I'll put a chuck roast in the crockpot later in the week, but I have to make my bread. I make a loaf of "wheat" bread and a loaf of pumpernickel every Saturday. I have two breadmakers, so I put a loaf in each so that they are both ready to go into the oven together. (I prefer the conventional loaves from a regular bread pan instead of round ones from my breadmakers.) That way I only have to run the oven for 40 minutes. In the summer I have an old microwave/convection oven that the microwave died in, so I put it on my patio and use it for baking in the summer so I don't heat up the house. I use the oven in the kitchen to proof the loaves.

We are in the middle of monsoon in Phoenix, so it is hot and muggy. It rained most of the night last night.

I had the tree trimmers out last week because my 50 year old chinese elm was getting too heavy and I was losing branches in the monsoon storms. Cost me $1500 to have my two elm trees thinned and shaped and fertilized. They were here four mornings (too hot to work after noon). The big tree is 40 feet tall and 65 feet wide and shades the whole west side of my house, so I REALLY didn't want anything to happen to it. It really lowers my electric bill.

So now we are on a tight budget to recover from the unexpected expense. I remember when we planted that tree. I have a picture of my husband and my two kids planting it. The tree was about four feet tall and as big around as my thumb. My son was still in diapers, and he is almost 50 now!

Well, I hear my breadmaker calling. It is ready to put into the pans and put in the oven to rise.

Sharon
sbwertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 09:53 AM   #9
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Doug_H
Stats: 265/203/ Under 200
WOE: Low Carb/Keepin' it simple
Start Date: Oct 99
Hi all. Yes we are still kicking.
Been spending the past week in Reedsport, OR being tourist and getting in some good seafood.. WE plan on moving to Bandon, OR. This coming week.

Doug
Doug_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 10:14 AM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: birdlady
Start Date: june03
Good Morning,
Nice rainy cool day,love it.
Hope everyone has a nice day.
BBL
birdlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 11:36 AM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
Good morning, nice to see you are having a grand time on your trip Doug. We'll be on the road Monday morning with our little trailer. I know the week up in the mountains will go by fast for us.

Well we got a phone call this morning from Dh's brother and wife Barb has now fallen once again. She was entrapped by there 3 large dogs excited to get there cookies. Down she went. Now her clavicle is broken. Boy, if it doesn't rain it pours. She will be heading back to the orthopedist to see how they want to deal with the brake. It is slightly out of alinement. She has slings on both arms now and sleeping in a recliner chair.

Well that's all the news here. Best wishes to you all and enjoy your day.

"Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it.”
Eckhart Tolle

Sharon
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 01:33 PM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Verleen
Stats: 195/135/135
WOE: Rosedale
Start Date: November 2004
Sharon, sorry to hear of your tree problems. Has all that rain in AZ helped raise your low water table?

Doug, are you moving permanently or is this just part of your trip?

Sharon, so sorry about your sister-in-law. Its not easy sleeping in a recliner.

I'm still trying to work some in my BR. A lot of resting and so little working, but I'm getting it done. I think I'll make a peanut butter sandwich for dinner or some lo-mein noodles.
Verleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 06:04 PM   #13
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Doug_H
Stats: 265/203/ Under 200
WOE: Low Carb/Keepin' it simple
Start Date: Oct 99
Verleen, just tripping.
Got a hankering for real seafood, can't beat getting it in the restaurants that get it fresh off the boats. Good seafood is one thing I do miss living in Podunk Arizona especially after living in the northwest.

Doug
Doug_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 06:31 PM   #14

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
Doug, there used to be a nice, small zoo there in that town, we went there in 2003 and enjoyed it a lot, but we stayed in Gold Beach during that week. Did you ever take that mail boat ride down the Rouge River? It was not a lot of fun back then, no bathrooms for a long time!!

Verleen, blessings to you, my friend, what a lot of work and anxiety you are going through, the move is making everything worse, dang it!! Hoping you get through this week ok.

Sharon, your sis in law must be in terrible pain now, can't imagine it, poor woman. It's the pits!!

AZ Sharon, what a minute by minute day you have to get all those things done every weekend, goodness! Do you keep a calendar, I would forget something in there for sure. Hang in there!

Hi Gladys, we had cooler day today, also, and it was nice.

Hi Mary, glad your niece could come over and help you out, no matter how.

We are tired tonight, grandson keeps us all on our toes for sure!

Good Night!
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 06:36 PM   #15
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: birdlady
Start Date: june03
Doris,has your DH been able to visit with the people on your street or have you been too busy?Glad you are getting lots of help and company with the kids.How did the testing go,guess you have to wait for results.
Doug,seafood is very important part of our meals,much more than beef now.
BBT
birdlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 08:17 PM   #16
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sbwertz
Quote:
Originally Posted by mykneesareback View Post

AZ Sharon, what a minute by minute day you have to get all those things done every weekend, goodness! Do you keep a calendar, I would forget something in there for sure. Hang in there!

Good Night!
Actually, my breadmaking only takes a total of 2 hours every Saturday!
sbwertz is offline   Reply With Quote