LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2013, 09:41 AM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Wednesday, July 24

Wow! Good morning all...first time for me to start us up...everyone must be very busy....have a great one.
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-2013, 09:54 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/145.6/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Hi All,

Well I guess its Hump Day middle of the week. Thanks for our start Mary.

Linda, I tripped over the garden hose and then stood on the rake head and swiftly the stale hit me on the cheek bone. Ha! All as I was trying to do was water my hanging baskets. Lesson learned, always put things away after using them. Ha!

DD and DGD have gone up to Montreal again for a few days again another horse show on Saturday. I have her dog right now as her DH is in LA on business. Lots of coming and going around here. DS leaves for France on Saturday too for a month.

Julie, I only have a laptop so I don't know about the other technology. You are lucky down there to have such lower prices than we do.

Waving to All and hope to check back later as I nurse my red and purple bruised eye socket. ha!
Old 07-24-2013, 11:03 AM   #3

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
Thanks for starting us out, Mary. I wanted to do it last night, but thought it would be too early, lol. Perhaps not.............I'll try to do it tonight, depends on how long the kids stay over.

We went very early to the Wal Mart, finally found it, had looked last week and had wrong directions. Then our son mentioned that they had accidentally passed by one using a different road to head to their home, so we did find it this AM, plus it suddenly rained, thundered and lightning, while we were in and out. Had to buy bulky stuff, dirty clothes hamper, tool box, waste baskets, rugs for bathrooms, kitchen, etc. Needed a dishpan, have not unpacked the one from Calif yet, so just bought another one. Shower curtains, never bought one before, so hope I got enough of those round thingys to hang it, bought a liner for it. We took the stuff home, unloaded, and then went back to the store just for grocery items, just plumb out of most everything.

Today this computer is not sending 4 of every email, I don't know why it does that sometimes.........but I have over a thousand on here, leaving it to show my son, since he can't imagine why it's doing it.

Susan, that accident sounds so painful, I know they use it on old movies and such, but it really hurts and the hoe in the face can do real damage, hope you mend quickly.

My ankle, heel, foot is still bothering me, perhaps after dh gets his doctor stuff done next week and the week after, we can look into a new Senior clinic that opened up July 1, just a few miles from here. Will check it out, no time for that yet.

Take care of yourselves, gang!

You realize, don't you, it's not "just about the food".!
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:19 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ocali
Hi...just a fast note to tell you I went out and bought an Ipad. Went to WalMart first and the kid working in that dept. knew nothing. Went then to Staples which has every Ipad accessory but does not carry that actual brand. So, then drove all the way across town to Best Buy and they got the sale.
I forgot to mention that it was pouring the whole time. I'm pooped.
Doris, glad you're settling in. Don't overdo everything all at once. Are you both really happy with that house, the area, etc., etc.
Susan, probably someone will think you were socked in the eye....lol.
Gladys, did you mention you had moved to another house on your land? What's with that?
Everyone, have a good day. I gotta go start setting up the ipad.
Old 07-24-2013, 01:38 PM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: birdlady
Start Date: june03
Julie,about 11 years ago my son built us a new home,of course we wanted to stay on the farm.The new house was built next to the old house,the old house was sold and moved away after the new one was finished.We still lost thing as about 10 people were working at one time.
Looks like it wants to rain,hope so much cooler to do the feeding.
Doris, thanks for sharing you new life,very interested in the differences that you are finding.Hoping most are good.
Susan,I got one name.lol
Mary,good job starting us off.
BBL
birdlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 05:35 PM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Hey y'all...turned into a busy day but still tied to the potty for the 24-hour thingy...almost filled the container and I've still a lot of day left...why do they give only a half-gallon jug? One would think the VA would make it larger....oh well, I guess when it's full, I'll just let it go.

Turned busy as N has an on her behind and no way to get to the hospital...this with a toddler in hand. So it was pick her up, go to the emergency, to the pharmacy for antibiotics and home...all told about four hours with me running home when I needed to fill the jug....oh well, at least it kept me from eating.

So nice here with the humidity normal which means it will cool off nicely this evening.

Doris, glad to hear you've located Wally World and was able to pick up some of the necessities of life. It's amazing the money you spend at a new residence for stuff you need now and had to let go when you left the old place.

Hope you all had a great day and will type ya later.

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 06:18 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ocali
Yeah, I'm on the iPad!
ocali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 06:41 PM   #8

Good for YOU, Julie! I'm still having issues here, lap top works, but not the main computer, suddenly, and my son has left for home. Will deal tomorrow.....but we are going somewhere to a Bounce place with grandson, too, taking some time off from the house.

Take care, gang. Hang in there, Mary!!
Old 07-24-2013, 07:30 PM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
I meant yesterday's post for today. I am having a lousy day.

A few days ago, I bought Neem oil which is supposedly a very organic way to treat black spot on roses. Today I was spraying the roses when all of a sudden the wind shifted and the spray fell back on me. Inhaled quite a bit.

Came in, took a long shower, but I am really nauseous, headache and feel sick. DH called the poison control center and they said I did all the right things and should be OK.but I sure do not feel OK.
Old 07-24-2013, 07:41 PM   #10

Gee, Begete, my husband used to put that stuff on his work boot's, to keep them supple and water proof them, I hated to smell the stuff, it made my throat feel like it was closing up. Can you call your doctor and ask what he or his office thinks? I guess all that might be there is an answering service or something now though. Hope the feeling goes away soon, but don't know what else you can do, would emergency room give you oxygen??

I'm pooped, just put dishes into the dishwasher, kids came over, and Silas was just looking around in every room. Busy little guy, that is for sure, when I watch him, I can't do much more than watch and play with him, no housework will get done. Fixed a small ham for dinner, cauliflower (which daughter in law never had) and some noodle stuff that son likes. Came in here to have some down time.

Hoping some of us here having health issues and not up to par get better soon, or find an answer to what is going on with these older bodies of ours.

Have a good night, hopefully.