Tuesday, Roll Call, July 23
:hiya: No one got here yet? Guess I'll be the first to start out. Nothing much planned, just a trip to the store to grab some groceries.
Good Morning gang,
My Great gb is coming to visit later,DD and Alyssa are going to pick them up.
Susan, I was pulling for a girl also,not many girls in the royal family.
Not to bad heat wise this morning,guess I did not stay out long enough this morning to really get hot.
Good morning all...had anticipated going to a women veterans' meet n' greet this morning, but remembered I have some kind of device to strengthen the knees coming today. So here I sit, waiting.
Looks like everyone is busy, busy, busy this morning, but I'm sure they'll show up like Mary's little lamb....have a great day folks..
Got an e-mail on the uses of WD-40 and thought I'd pass it along here...
1. Protects silver from tarnishing.
2. Removes road tar and grime from cars.
3. Cleans and lubricates guitar strings.
4. Gives floor that 'just-waxed' sheen without making them slippery.
5. Keeps the flies off of Cows, Horses, and other Farm Critters, as well. (Ya gotta love this one!!!)
6. Restores and cleans chalkboards.
7. Removes lipstick stains.
8. Loosens stubborn zippers.
9. Untangles jewelry chains.
10. Removes stains from stainless steel sinks.
11. Removes dirt and grime from the barbecue grill.
12. Keeps ceramic / terracotta garden pots from oxidizing.
13. Removes tomato stains from clothing.
14. Keeps glass shower doors free of water spots.
15. Camouflages scratches in ceramic and marble floors.
16. Keeps scissors working smoothly.
17. Lubricates noisy door hinges on both home and vehicles doors.
18. It removes that nasty tar and scuff marks from the kitchen flooring.
It doesn't seem to harm the finish and you won't have to scrub nearly as hard to get them off. Just remember to open some windows if you have a lot of marks.
19. Remove those nasty Bug guts that will eat away the finish on your car if not removed quickly!
20. Gives a children's playground gym slide a shine for a super fast slide.
21. Lubricates gearshift and mower deck lever for ease of handling on riding mowers...
22. Rids kids rocking chair and swings of squeaky noises.
23. Lubricates tracks in sticking home windows and makes them easier to open.
24. Spraying an umbrella stem makes it easier to open and close.
25. Restores and cleans padded leather dashboards in vehicles, as well as vinyl bumpers.
26. Restores and cleans roof racks on vehicles.
27. Lubricates and stops squeaks in electric fans.
28. Lubricates wheel sprockets on tricycles, wagons, and bicycles for easy handling.
29. Lubricates fan belts on washers and dryers and keeps them running smoothly.
30. Keeps rust from forming on saws and saw blades, and other tools.
31. Removes grease splatters from stovetops.
32. Keeps bathroom mirror from fogging.
33. Lubricates prosthetic limbs.
34. Keeps pigeons off the balcony (they hate the smell).
35. Removes all traces of duct tape.
36. Folks even spray it on their arms, hands, and knees to relieve arthritis pain.
37. Florida's favorite use is: 'cleans and removes love bugs from grills and bumpers.'
38. The favorite use in the state of New York, it protects the Statue of Liberty from the elements.
39. WD-40 attracts fish. Spray a little on live bait or lures and you will be catching the big one in no time. Also, it's a lot cheaper than the chemical attractants that are made for just that purpose. Keep in mind though, using some chemical laced baits or lures for fishing are not allowed in some states.
40. Use it for fire ant bites. It takes the sting away immediately and stops the itch.
41. It is great for removing crayon from walls. Spray it on the marks and wipe with a clean rag.
42. Also, if you've discovered that your teenage daughter has washed and dried a tube of lipstick with a load of laundry, saturate the lipstick spots with WD-40 and rewash. Presto! The lipstick is gone!
43. If you spray it inside a wet distributor cap, it will displace the moisture, allowing the engine to start.
Thank YOU Linda for our start before you went for groceries.:up:
Thanks Mary I also got that same email a few weeks ago. Handy little thing that WD 40 huh? I used it to take the glue off my washer and dryer where they stick those wattage use stickers, came off like a charm.
Hope that knee device arrives for you today.:hugs:
I am sporting a black eye today.:dunno: I tripped over the garden hose, then stood on the rake and the handle promptly hit in the eye. I had my glasses on so it hit my cheek bone, so I am a Black-Eyed Susanfor a few days. A Comedy of Errors for sure Ha! :stars:
Linda, a much milder version of your accident recently. Has all that healed now?
Gladys, Enjoy that babe today.:heart: Has the cold front finally hit your neck of the woods?
Names: George, William, Harry, Phillip and so forth. Shall we have a little pool, just for fun guessing? :D
He will have George,William and Phillip in his name.
You are probably right Gladys. Maybe he will just get initials. GWP
Hi everyone....just watching "the" baby coming home from the hospital. Awwww!
A question for all of you that have an ipad. I guess I have to get one. This laptop, my pc, and my cheapie android pad are all on their way to the trash pile.
So, could you give me some suggestions as to what to buy, etc. I really, really would appreciate your input. Thanks in advance!
Julie, I'm lucky to be able to be online again since last Friday, but still using my old server from Calif. until maybe tomorrow, when my son will help to set me on the straight path to quicker internet workings. The "real" phone works, though, thank goodness, I dislike the cell with all my heart, conversations constantly being off and on, drives me nuts.
I need to read up on how everyone is doing......
My idea for a name is Oswald Joachim, reaching back to some of his German ancesters for a change........;) how tiresome to have to use the same names all the time in 2013.
Have a pleasant evening. We are nice and cool in the house, fans blowing, etc. but have already learned to go out early, right after breakfast if we need to shop.
I would get the newest IPad on the market,a cheap laptop,and a Kindle.lol That will keep you busy.
Had the best visit today.My DD, oldest and youngest grand daughter and my two great grands.The baby is so cute,but so tiny(to me)been 10 years since we had a baby around.
Have a nice evening.
So glad to see your posts, Doris. Just keep on - it will all come together before you know it. I'm glad your son and his wife are looking after you :)
Julie, I'm afraid I'm not much help to you. I've just got a lap top at home and use the cell phone as my kindle and to check/answer email messages when I'm away from home. Good Luck!
Waving to all,
Gladys, I'm happy to read you had such a nice visit, and even a tiny baby to see and hold!!! :shake:
I'm off to hit the shower! :hiya:
Hey y'all..got my kneehab device...catchy name, huh...to help rehab the knees. The deliverer guy was also the demonstrator so he got me up to speed before leaving. It's a device that uses electrical stimulation to help rehab the knees...kinda like the devices physical therapists use, so we'll see if it helps. Gotta us it for 20 minutes three times a day and he told me to drink lots of water before using to help the nerves carry the current....wow! So a quiet day at home...tomorrow is my 24-hour test so I'll be home again then...saving money fer shure!
Hope all y'all had a great day (nice here with it cooling off (90-ish) and humdity dropping with the monsoonal flow abating...love days like this.
Hi Doris, so good to hear you are almost "connected". Hopefully your son and DIL will keep helping until you are well on the way to learning the ins and outs of the new ISP provider.
Aww Gladys, how nice that you will get to see and hold the new baby. Enjoy!!
Mary, hope that new knee rehab device does a good job for you.
Susan, OMG how did you sustain that black eye?:eek: Hope nothing is fractured.
Thanks for asking. My teeth on the left are finally getting some feeling back:stars: Sure is slow going.
Julie, not much help here. I don't have an I pad yet.... Love my desktop, laptops, android tablet and Kindle.
Hi Loretta and Michelle and lurkers.
Thanx for the start, Linda.
Mary, I also have a bad knee so I need to head to a physical therapist. Please let us know how that thing works for you.
No major plans for the day. Scale is stuck.
Have a good one.
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:03 PM.|