WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
Sunday's Roll Call, July 21

Good Morning All,

I found this photo and suddenly felt cooler. Thought I'd share it with you -

Stay cool everyone!

Michele
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Robin in winter.jpg (98.6 KB, 5 views)
modon69478 is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2013, 05:07 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Loretta V
Stats: 140/120/120
WOE: Low Carb & Modified JUDDD Jan. 2012
Start Date: July 2001/ Low Carb Friends 9/2001
Thanks Michele for getting us up and running today. I love the picture.

Spending the weekend with DS, and grandkids in Evansville. Work planned for today, spreading mulch. IT has cooled off some. Got gas for 3.43 on the way over.

HI to all, my thoughts are with you. May you find comfort in this day.
Loretta V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 05:34 AM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 174 1/2 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Summer foods- back to UP DAYS/DOWN DAYS Oct. 1, 13
Start Date: 8-3-2012 UD
Thanks Michele and Good Sunday to all.

Michele, Very often saw that picture for real every winter in N.Y. Loved it best when the birds came in pairs... always put out fresh water and seeds & fruit slices.
Found poison ivy in the back steps area yet again... that stuff scares me and I ain's ascared of nothing. Ground clear will kill it but everythin in the area as well so I am going to get my neighbor ladies to save me their bread bags to use one inside the other and do it right by pulling the *(&^) things up= they are small and should come up roots and all. My Rx cancer numbing cream is a saviour with controlling itching but scratching in my sleep is still a problem.
Mary Anne and I went to the Co-operative City Farm stands yesterday with insanly lovely veggies. Only open Sat. AM and Weds. Made a great discovery of cukes in vinegar- couldnt reach my vinegar over top of the cats eating their supper so I used my RICE Wine Vinegar that I could reach and it was tons better than the old way- milder by just right and a tinge of sweet- will use that from now on. They had samples of their canteloupe and it was as ood as the ones that Daddy use to pick out for us. I bouht 2 huge ones for 5.00. Why does anyone buy the supermarket crap? Don't they have farm stands everywhere?
The promised rain is now a no for this morning and only a maybe for this afternoon. ARRRRHHHH. Some laundry awaits when it does get here.
I feel BAD or EVIL or something.... I bought a vase at a thrift store for... less than 3.00 (I forget, maybe even be less) and am pretty sure it is worth about 100.00. Don't tell me to take it back because I won't. Truth be told I do not even remember which store I got it. Mary Anne and I hit them all or at least 3-5 at one go. I picked up a beautiful teal colored big vase years ago that I thought was plastic because it weighed nothing but Teal is my fav. color so I bought it and tossed it around like it was plastic.... when I go home it pinged on the lightest touch from one of my fingernails and turned it over and with a magnifing glass the faded company sitcker said Italian Crystal. I love that vase.
Welp, let the day begin.
bbl

Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 07:56 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: birdlady
Start Date: june03
Good Morning gang,
Got promised rain yesterday but nothing,today maybe.
Just a relaxing day,no plans.
Take care all.
BBL
birdlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:44 AM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/163.4/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Good morning. Am up a pound today over posted weight, but the wine and risotto last night were worth it.

Thanx for the start, Michele and have a good day everyone.
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 09:28 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Good morning all...enjoying my coolth (only 60-something this am) but not the humidity (73%) which is very high for us (we usually run in the low teens to mid 20's)...that's the monsoon for ya.

Lainey, that's what junqueing is all about...you find great buys and once in a while you find a super great one. No junker would even suggest you return a great buy. Enjoy the vase. Sorry about the poison ivy, do your best to eliminate the stuff and keep yourself out of it.

Getting a load of wash done while switching between QVC and Syfi channel that's running a Buffy marathon today...starting with episode one which I'm watching now....love that show. And tonight I've the Showtime Dexter finale season running...

Have a good day folks, (thanks for the cool-off, Michelle, although I hate that frozen stuff)

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 11:40 AM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: birdlady
Start Date: june03
Lainey open a small tall can at both ends,place on plant and gently spray,that will keep spray from spreading.
Got my rain.
birdlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 12:56 PM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks Gladys and Mary...

ladys I think that Ground Clear stuff goes to the roots and it spreads to other root systems that are near by but I will most certainly try your way if I need to in the future. I am goin for the "pull up" roots and all as I know good and well that is the only thing that will control weeds- of course letting weeds go to seed which they do just about over niht is just stupid on my part. From now on I will ently pull them out in their infancy. I o walking by a little marsh and love the abundance of wild flowers but what I have is just plain old weeds. Have any of you ever seen a iant Giant dandilion? They are wonderful- I carry hair spray in the Cherokee in the hopes of spotting some here. I could get them from the beach in New York and I did spot one in Charlottsville (I think that is the name- where Thomas Jefferson's House is located (put that house on your bucket list) but was on a bus tour could not et it and it would have never made it home with out the hair spray... you can google "giant dandelions" hmmm wonder if there are seeds? I'll check that out.
We got thunder but the sun is staying out so I am not ettin my hopes up for rain.
Just doing this and that today as I feel like that on week ends. Will start a wash later maybe or tonight.
Gonna make a tomato/luttuce/mayo on a hamburger bun- out of bread and that is the last bun so I need to shop a little.
Neighbor kids are in the above round pool- I would never allow that with thunder oin on but that is just me!
bbl
bbl
Old 07-21-2013, 01:07 PM   #9
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/143.6/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Hi All, Just running through on this gorgeous sunny, cool day up here.

Thanks Michele, for starting our day with that Cool Pic too.

As always, I can see you all posting helpful tips to help one another. Aren't we are great bunch?

The Cold Front is on its way down to you now Lainey.

Hi Loretta, Glad to see your post and that those DGkids are keeping ya busy.

Waving to All and hope to check back later...
SuSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:05 PM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

Lawd SuSun I cannot wait for that cold front to get here. Weather Peeps said it was stalled somewhere ?
That Avatar is a "hoot and a hollar"!
bbl