Old 07-18-2013, 08:59 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
FRIDAY'S Roll Call, July 19

I'm almost too pooped to pop

Verleen, wishing you an uneventful move!!! And a feel better kind of day.

Won't be getting the internet until next Tuesday, when they have to climb into the attic and lower down some kind of wiring to install some kind of du-hickey outlet into the office room.........technical talk!! Linda knows what I mean. Won't have a "real" phone until then, either, but do have the modem for it already.

Bought pillows today, we didn't take any pillows with us, they packed all kinds of weird things, like empty Kleenex boxes, and hair color kits, canned goods and oatmeal. We can't find the box that has the Hardware to put together two bed sets, the double and the twin, maybe they will turn up next week.

Have a good Friday! Stay cool, if you can.

You realize, don't you, it's not "just about the food".!
mykneesareback is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2013, 11:31 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/150/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Good hunting, Doris, can't say we didn't warn about the weird things the packers add to your shipment, empty kleenex boxes are a good thing as they didn't add much weight...I apologize for not mentioning one of the other tricks I learned with all my moves...anything that has to be taken apart that has screws, bolts or connectors should be taped to whatever they come out of....so much easier locating the hardware when it's attached to what it goes with. Oh well, you'll find 'em just as soon as you buy replacements.

Good night all...

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 07:20 AM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
Good morning. Thanks for start out Doris.

Going junking this mornin with Mary Anne. DAV is her fav... I like The Starvation Army.
Another scorcher to endure and tomorrow as well.
Cannot find my visor like anythin else I am wanting around inside this house.
bbl
Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 07:22 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: birdlady
Start Date: june03
We just moved from one house to another in our yard and lost stuff.lol
New putter not working,so still on IPad.Reading but not commenting much.
Staying in as it's hot out,doing what has to be done early or late in the day.
BBL
birdlady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 07:57 AM   #5

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec.1997
Running in to say a quick hi to everyone before this sucky internet times out on us again.

Cold front is moving down from Canada towards us, but will probably bring some severe storms.

More later if I can get in.
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 10:54 AM   #6

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/141/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
See Linda, I did promise an Arctic Breeze, should reach you Saturday and Sunday.

Thank YOU Doris for our hop to it today. Sorry you have all those mislaid things. I think if you pray to St. Anthony he will find them for you. I think that is the right saint for that.

Mary, Thank you for the tips on the tea making. Glad you had a change in wind to help the firefighters. My old dog is eating everything just as the vet had promised funny how they manage with their gums and the 6 teeth that he has left.

Lainey, Oh that is frustrating for sure when you can't find what you are looking for. I have slammed a few doors and other things at hand when the irritation gets the better of me. Ha! My Avi pic is my DGD, the one and only.

Babette, That sure is good advice to pack your own snacks. I guess that is all part of the planning ahead. I have let all those good habits slip this past 6 months and I am paying for it at the scales.

Gladys, I can't believe you could get anything done outdoors that far South. Yikes, WTGG! The Arctic Breeze is on its way...
Old 07-19-2013, 11:02 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey y'all...gotta go over to the VA this afternoon to see the endocrinologist. last year was my hiatus year from reclast so we'll see if I hafta go back on it...most likely so. I couldn't take the Fosamax due to my GERD, so she put me on the injectable Boniva, then the Reclast a few years ago. Then "they" discovered that patients had to have a year without the treatment or suffer even more problems with the stuff...thus last year was my hiatus year. (Don't you love the thought that "they" know it all, patients are really just guinea pigs...read test subjects..and that doctors are "practicing.")

However, we did see an improvement in the dexascans, went from osteoporosis back to osteopenia..so something is working.

Just hate the thought of driving in the afternoon heat, then having to go back to the eye doc Monday morning...hmmmm, maybe I'll see if eye doc can fit me in this afternoon. Worth a shot.

Hope everyone is having a great day, finding lost stuff, finding good junk,(I stopped in at Goodwill yesterday and found one of those full massage pads for $10, with my 20% discount it came to seven something. Lainey, do you ask for the senior discount at the junk shops?), cooling off (Doug, hope you and yours are enjoying the trip to the coast), staying out of the storms, and good things are coming your way.
Old 07-19-2013, 11:39 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
Hi there! I just posted on yesterdays thread so not much to say but a Big Thanks to Doris for getting us started this morning. See you later.
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 01:41 PM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Verleen
Stats: 195/135/135
WOE: Rosedale
Start Date: November 2004
Love this bee. Hi everyone. I finally gave in and medicated myself to the hilt. I am feeling better now, so I thought I'd stop in.

Sharon, Molly is doing fine. She and Max do play together in the evening, but he bullies her. I have to step in. He outweighs her and is taller than she is. She doesn't even try to defend herself. They are both jealous of each other. She doesn't like it when I give him attention and he doesn't like it when Rich gives Molly attention. Our biggest problem is Gypsy. She attacks the dogs. We're moving her with us, but she is on probation. If she can't find a way to get along with the dogs, we will have to rehome her. We would have done that already but Cathy wants to keep her if we can. Once Cathy moves into the house in November, her cat Harlan will be added to the mix. Oh boy. Gypsy better be nice to Harlan or else. He is a big wuss of a cat. He must weigh about 30-35 lbs. Maine Coons get big.

Nothing planned for today except guide Rich on some packing. He's busy changing and cleaning fish tanks right now. No idea of what to do about dinner. I don't cook anymore. Just can't do it. And Rich doesn't cook. He opens cans. Cathy's been working most of the time. Rich is staying at home more. I think Cathy may have had a little chat with him.

Susan, I can't picture you slamming a door.....lol.

Lainey, I'm the opposite of you. When people come over, I try to give them something when they leave. You wouldn't believe the loads of trash as I've been throwing away so much stuff. Cathy got upset that I gave my set of champayne glasses to the Salvation Army. I never used them, so they are history. I can't wait to go through my clothes. Lots are going to be donated. I already got rid of my hoard of jewelry a few years ago. It felt so good.

Doris, I try to replace our pillows every year. Its hard to find a pillow I like. They make them so soft that when you lay your head on one, your head disappears into the pillow. I feel like I'm going to suffocate.

Babette, I'm sorry. I didn't know about your knee. I hope things work out for you.

to Linda, Mary, Gladys, and anyone else I missed.

Goals:
To live each day the best I can

195/135/135
Verleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 03:01 PM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: birdlady
Start Date: june03
Got the putter fixed,easy,turn it off,turn It back on.DD didn't have to come over.All her time is spent holding Mason,the new baby.lol
Crab leg night,time for a shower.
BBL
birdlady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 05:58 PM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey y'all...back after the run to the VA; wasn't able to see the eye doc as he isn't in the office on Fridays. Drat! that means I've got to run back there on Monday morning...at least that appointment is early in the morn and I'll be able to slip in and out easily.

The endocrinologist is not happy...seems like each dexascan has been worse the last three years...shucks! and here I thought it was all good. So we're trying to figure out how to attack it...lots of tests, (including a 24-hour ...double yuck! So we're checking out how my bod is processing calcium, through vitamins D & K in the mix as my GERD may be interfering in the bod absorbing nutrients...ain't getting old the pits? She does tell me that I'm right at the level that becomes a concern and "for my age" it's not too bad....sigh!

And so it goes...