Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
THURSDAY's Roll Call July 18

Hop to it, friends~
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2013, 05:54 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ocali
Doris, it sounds like you're getting all set up. It should be great to finally get to sleep in your new home. Is all your furniture fitting in okay? Will you have to buy any new things? Have you met any of your new neighbors yet?
I keep meaning to ask you about your grandson....is he keeping you amused, etc?
I didn't have a restful sleep last night. Started worrying about all kinds of things for no particular reason. Oh well!
Hi to everyone...see you all later (I hope).
ocali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 07:54 AM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
Today we're celebrating our 49th Wedding Anniversary. Hubby is taking me out to a steak dinner.

Best wishes to you Doris. I know unpacking is just as stressful as the packing.
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 08:01 AM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/144/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Thank YOU Doris for our Kick off today.

Julie, Oh that is not too nice when the worries come along huh? Can you pop a pill and sleep it away when that happens?

Happy 49th Anniversary Sharon to You and Your Hubby! Enjoy your dinner together.

Lainey, I have a question for you I think it was one of your sayings. Hurrying off to do nuttin...how does it go that one please?

Waving to All and hope you are all keeping Cool.
SuSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 08:13 AM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Good morning...

Yesterday's bookclub was a low carb disaster. Lunch was high in both calries and carbs. Needless to say I am up this morning over a pound. Not other choices, I skipped both bread and dessert, but still....
Begete is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 08:41 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Good morning all..yep, Doris, not only are the temps going up but so is the humidity...it's going to be blisterin' this weekend.

Happy Anniversary, Sharon, hope it's all that you wish.

One of my favorite spots, Idylwild up on the San Jacinto mountain, is fighting the fires...even the town has been evacuated. It is such a lovely little town with some of the great people in it. I'm wishing all of them the best. Heck we even had a fire on the road I take through the canyon when I have to go to Loma Linda...I knew it was going to be a tough summer for the the fires, but it rarely gets this close to me...god bless all the firefighters.

Other bad news today...someone stole the annual tag off my license plate...now, I've got to go over and fight the DMV battle. Just hope the line isn't around the block as is usual. Also, can't find my registration form...sigh! when it rains it pours.

Have a good day, all, and I'll check back in after I complete the battle....hugs to all.

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 08:43 AM   #7

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
Start Date: Dec.1997
Thought I'd post while the internet is working.

Thanks for the kick start Doris. Hope things are progressing well for you and G.
Did you get Time Warner Road Runner for your ISP? If so, you will love it.

Bummer on the up all night worrying about things. It's not fun . Hope you can catch a quick nap.

Happy anniversary, Sharron. Enjoy the wonderful steak dinner.

Hi Susan, when is that cold front going to move through your area Please, please, push it across the lake to us.

Babette, next luncheon, take some cheese, nuts and other low carb foods with you. Always be prepared.

We are here on Lake Ontario just waiting for Susan to push that cold front across the lake. Photos of the 1000 Islands / Association Island KOA Campground in New York
Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr

As Jack Nicholson said in the Bucket List "Somewhere right now, some lucky B*st*rd is having a heart attack"
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 12:18 PM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
Not I Susan, I never have said nuttin here. Sounds like Mary maybe?

Finally bouht a step stool-3 steps with that bar you can hang onto; got feet for some out door furnature after carrying the old feet for sizing in my purse for over a year; pearlight; peatmoss after finally findng a smaller size bag that I could actually lift; bug killers; filters for the heat/AC. Natch the hardware store is near the filling station with the fab BBQ sandwich so I had to have one. 107 heat index so I am laying low today but still plan some weeding, pruneing, hole digging and like that... what a difference having A/C makes for gardenin in the heat. Setting the A/C at 76 degrees is just right...74 was too cold for me.
Those fires sound awful. I remember a wild fire racing across a parkway on Long Island catching people in their cars and meltin their wheels.
Now I want something sweet- maybe some peach iced tea would be good.
bbl

Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 02:49 PM   #9

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/144/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Oh Thanks Lainey, I think it might have been Sharon or Mary. Some thing like, "Hurrying off to do nuttin." I have been doing a lot of that lately so I wanted a catchy phrase for the GFs. Oh that peach iced tea sounds interesting an alternative to my black orange pekoe tea. I drink many cups a day. Glad to hear you are enjoying your a/c, you work so hard you deserve a treat.

Mary, Yikes on those fires. Please so get out ASAP if anything coming your way. As the firefighters say, "Fire is so Final." I am with you, Bless those firefighters.

Linda, We just had a quick down pour which has cooled it a tad. As soon as that Arctic Breeze arrives I will send it across the lake directly to you and Todd. Enjoy you stay, a pretty part of the Country.

Oh that is soooooo disappointing Babette. I hear ya. I have been running into a lot of that lately hence the weight increase. I should send out an SOS

Waving to All...
Old 07-18-2013, 03:35 PM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I fought the battle and won....well, the DMV trip only took an hour so I feel like I won...if your state has those little square stickies for the year tags I learned a new trick. They tell me that it is becoming very common to have the tags stolen and the trick is when you put them on the plates to remove the previous year's (which I never did) as the adhesive on the previous ones get old and lose the stickiness although the old ones were still on the license. AND when you put the new tag on, take a razor blade and cut it into little pieces...that way if someone tries to remove it, it comes in tiny pieces and isn't worth their effort. So, now I have the new tags on the car and the registration in the glove box.

They were able to get the fire out safely in the canyon, but the one on the mountain is still raging...only 10% contained and is truly devastating some of the beautiful mountains in SoCal...and, yes, I do realize how fast the flames can move...been on a few fire lines myself and witnessed one raging line from just a few feet away..we felt fairly safe on the other side of a ten-foot wide firebreak. Not only was I impressed with the speed of the front, but also the sound...I swear it sounded like a freight train rolling through...don't ever won't to be that close again.

The heat really took it out of me today...headache, achy joints, upset tummy, and that over-all "yucky" feeling...don't think I'm dehydrated, but taking in a lot of water and electrolytes..trying to stay cool now and rest the eyes, too. Not looking forward to running through the canyon tomorrow during the heat to my appointment at 2:30 p.m....more yuck tomorrow...yuck!

Hope your day is going well and your staying cool in this hot weather..
Old 07-18-2013, 05:43 PM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Verleen
Stats: 195/135/135
WOE: Rosedale
Start Date: November 2004
Evenin' friends. I had a good day today. I started out sick but got better. We went out to Ruby Tuesday's for dinner. And exchanged the defective microwave. I sorted out a good deal of my scrapbooking and art books and threw about 90% of them away. I still have two more bookcases to sort through. These kind of days are rare now, but I'll take each one that comes my way.

I think we'll pack two large suitcases with our immediate wear clothes. And everything else in boxes. The birds, the cat and Max, Rich's dog will go into individual carriers to the new house on moving day. Number one priority will be to get the birds back into their cages. It will be a stressful day for them. (me too)

I would like a new desk but have to watch my pennies now. I have to buy a new office chair. Cathy says my old is not allowed into the new house.

Happy anniversary Sharon.

Mary, sorry to hear about all your troubles.

Julie, I hope you can stop worrying.

Lainey, I happy to hear you are enjoying your air conditioning.

Susan, lucky you with the artic breeze.

Linda, its good to get away from home for a change of pace, right?

Hi Babette. This is easy for me to say, but wouldn't it be good to stop worrying about your weight? At this stage of my life, it seems so insignificant.

Hi Doris, how is the unpacking going? Do you have a little yard to do some gardening? I believe your dh likes doing that, if I remember correctly.

We're going to have some watermelon soon. I love it.

Goals:
To live each day the best I can

195/135/135
Verleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 07:27 PM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Verleen, the reason I am frantic to lose weight is't vanity. It's my knee. Since I am allergic to everything they make spare parts out of, I cannot have replacement surgery.

So I need to lose another 50 pounds in order to be able to walk!
Begete is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 07:47 PM   #13

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
Begete, try taking ALL of your own food to your little meetings and so forth away from home, like Carol Channing always did most of her life, she also was allergic to everything......no one in restaurants or her friend's homes batted an eye, real friends won't mind. I used to travel with cut pieces of cauliflower and some mushrooms in my purse, every time we went somewhere, never dreamed anyone would suddenly have my personal diet choices on their menus or at their homes in the first place. Same thing for a diabetic, we take a black bag with stuff for dh with us anytime we go anywhere in the car. About all you can expect when you leave home is maybe a cup of black coffee somewhere else........it's just the way it is. Only other choice is to stay at home. This has been going on for years, and won't change in our current culture.

You realize, don't you, it's not "just about the food".!
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 08:00 PM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!

Coming in to say good night.

The heat got me today so I shopped the hardware store- did I post that? I think I did. Like I said the HEAT! I slept from 4: to 6: then walked to the track and went around twice with Mary Anne. Darling "Missy" bit her today and tore up some things... she gave her a little whack on the bottom WHICH upset me but I did not say a word. The time out in her crate was enough in my opinion which she did right away. I do know that care giving pushes all the buttons and her Dad is totally not grateful but still. She did say she took a whole Xanax to calm herself after the "Missy" incident. I am so looking forward to Sat. night's live country music and the walks we take are very important to me.
Got a few mags. to read- People and Time which she subscribes to but I bet I don't even get two pages read before lights out. Lawd a mercy- the rest of July and August with a lot of Sept. being awful hot is touh to take but HEY they are the summer months and you cannot yell at a tiger for havin stripes.
Everyone sounds pretty good. Susan that little girl on that horse is beautiful and her happiness shines brightly through making her even more beautiful.
Time to put this night to bed and dread an even hotter tomorrow- Arrrrh! Rain maybe Sunday.
Sweet dreams to all.
bbt
Old 07-18-2013, 08:05 PM   #15
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh, Susan- That peach tea is a instant ice tea and pretty darn ood... I picked up the Raspberry one to try- 4 Seasons brand like the bread crumbs I think. Peaches and Raspberries are true fine fruits to me.
bbt
Old 07-18-2013, 10:25 PM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Darn wind changed this afternoon and started blowing to the west...which meant the smoke from the fire on San Jacinto blew into the area. I hate it when the sky turns brown and the sun is diffused like that...and, of course, the smell. Oh well, the wind's bringing in the monsoonal flow which will up the humidity and help the firefighters...it's all good.

Susan, I, too, do the pot o'tea daily...I started adding one of those little packets of crystal light lemonade to the mix...the raspberry works well, too, and their making a cool peach tea flavored one now as well. You know, the little packets you're supposed to add to a bottle of water. I only add a half a pack of the flavors other than lemonade as I like the subtle hint of flavor....I call it crystal light, but it's really Wally World's brand which is much cheaper and I prefer the flavor.

Finally got rid of the headache...took an aspirin in addition to all the water I drank...I really think I was a bit dehydrated with all my running around today.

Th-th-th-that's all, folks...see ya in the morn.
Old 07-19-2013, 10:28 AM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
Dinner last night was wonderful and we stayed home to have it. Steak from the grill was mouth watering good and our green beans from the garden was to die for. To top it off we had the orange version of honeydew melon.

Today is bank to make a deposit and breaking in my new walking shoes at our lake walk. Looks like the Renaissance Fair will be there this weekend. Should be interesting. They usually have that at another area way across town.

Weather is still nice with some fog in the mornings. Makes for a nice in the 70's type of day. When I was young we would head to the beach with this type of weather. Now it's mostly a tourist attraction.

Lainey it's so nice to have a friend to do things with. Looking forward to seeing how nice your garden looks now that you have done so much work. It just keeps on needing things doesn't it. My geranium plants always need to be picked at when the spent leaves and flowers are gone. It's a daily thing in the summer.

Verleen it's so nice to see your posts. How is your little boston terrier. Is she getting along now with Dh's dog? Hope your birds settle in to the new house and there travel isn't stressful.

Susan your granddaughter is just lovely. She looks right at home on her horse.

Doris when I get overwhelmed with body aches I head for the horse liniment. It really helps with the pain. The Farm Supply is a great place to shop. LOL

Mary hope the fires settle down around your area soon. We have had spot fires around our area but nothing serious. Everything is so dry!

Hi to the ones I missed hope you have a lovely day.

"Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it.”
Eckhart Tolle

Sharon
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote