LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2013, 01:37 AM   #1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
TUESDAY/JULY 16 ROLL CALL

Good Morning, may not be doin this right... we'll see.
Awake since 3: am and up since 4: that is what happens when you are asleep for the night since just before dark.
Thursday may be triple digits with 90's thru the week end. I have not looked up the latest weather on here though.
Gladys- do the birds compete with you for the figs? Oh, they make me mad!
bbl
Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-2013, 05:30 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
Thanks for starting us, Lainey!
I've never tasted a fresh fig, only those dried ones they sell in packs at holiday time, but I do like those.

Good Luck with the new computer, Gladys! Glad you could go out and mow for a spell.

Verleen, did you feel your moving estimate was a good one? We had to go with our company because there was no other that came up there. Hoping it all goes well, but moving is just a pain in the butt, no matter what, I think.

Hurrying to get ready, head for the house. At some point, need to replace my cell phone, it's not working right, when other people's phone works fine, but will wait for a bit. I'm still wondering how I get a new phone number, after they connect the "real" phone.

Have a good day, everyone, have to fix dh's food.

Sorry about the heat wave for the Northeast, hate it, and we will be next.

You realize, don't you, it's not "just about the food".!
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 07:19 AM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Verleen
Stats: 195/135/135
WOE: Rosedale
Start Date: November 2004
Good morning. Hot and humid here. The humidity is a killer for we people with COPD, among other things.

Doris, we felt our estimate was fair from the movers. Whoever sets up your phone service will give you your new number.

Stumbling along........
Verleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 07:41 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Msevon2
Good morning. Hot and humid here also, but it is not winter, so I am happy. I decided I would take the time to post today. I have not done that for a while. I have been busy at work and in life. This is our busy season and dont hardly have time to go to the ladies room any more. But this too shall pass.

Verleen, I know you are having problems. My husband had copd and he could not take the heat either. Just stay in and close to the oxygen. Are you on oxygen most of the time? We did not have hospice either at the end. We had it before and they want to completely controll your life. Cant go to the doctor or hospital or out or anything. I finally told them just go and care for someone else and we will care for us. The day my husband died, we burried my daddy and came home and went out to eat and then went to church. That was the last thing my husband did. He did not die at church. We left and came home and when we got home, he got all the way to the door and evidently had a heart attack. I got him to a chair and called 911. They took him to the hospital. In my heart I knew, so called my daughter and she came and picked me up and took me. The preacher and Scott were there when we got there. They would not let me go back like I usally could. When they did call me, they asked if I had anyone there with me. So they let all of us go in but put us in this little room. Others from church arrived and we had a room full when the doctor came in. But he is running up and down the streets of Heaven now, with my daddy, my mama, and my granddaugter Amber. With no care of this world. I used to wonder, after I read the left behind series, how all those christians could have their head cut off. When I prayed about it, God seemed to tell me, they never felt it, because before the blade hit, they were already with him. So I am no longer afraid to die. I am not in a hurray, but when the time comes, He will be with me.

Go out, get some sun and enjoy the day. It could be our last and it will be great.
Msevon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:02 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Good morning all...been up for a while but didn't have anything to say, so didn't until now...still don't have anything to say, just have a good day, folks.
Mssarge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 12:30 PM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
Hi ev eryone. Doris, those dried figs are OK for

cooking but not in any shape for form like a fresh and warmed from the sun fig riht off the tree. They remind me of melons and the second yield is sweet like honey. I always split them in half to check for ants but never find any. They are the prettiest shade of pink inside and the brown turkey ones are a dark brown and the combination is just beautiful. Mom's canned ones are not peeled and she put thick slices of lemons in with them. They stayed firm and tasted like heaven. I always basted a capon with the left over juice for a fantastic dinner fit for company. She also left the stems on them. Dad and I were her best feasters on them. Made her so proud to watch us enjoy them.
The heat here is almost scarey. I want to go back to the beach but put down 2 or three towels stacked on the sand as the sand was blistering but still way cooler than inland.
I jammed the weed whacker and had to take it in to John Deere and let the service manager re-load it for me but am waitin till after 6: to finish the "strip". My veggies are wilting and I'll water them but put rung out towels on my neck and head to even be able to do that. My ice machine is really puttin out the ice for me and I am blessing that machine with all my heart.
Back out I go to water the umbrellas and awnings and all cement areas which really does make a big difference.
They keep warning "the seniors" and I have to remind myself that "HEY" that is me!
bbl

Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote