Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   The Golden Years (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/)
-   -   Sunday Roll Call, July 7 (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/807547-sunday-roll-call-july-7-a.html)

mykneesareback 07-06-2013 07:43 PM

Sunday Roll Call, July 7

Had to check the date, think it's allright.

Have a good day, friends! :)

LoveMontana 07-06-2013 09:13 PM

Wow, Doris. Where are you two now? Hope you are getting some much needed rest along the way.

Off to the hometown to visit family tomorrow, so see all of you later.

Norfolk Mermaid 07-07-2013 05:13 AM

Good morning and thanks Doris.

Out of cat food for Aaunt Jane- got plenty of shrimp for Lady SuSun. Trying aain to get some O'Doul's for that sauna of a garden- will follow the small patches of shade here and there as it does help a lot. Late afternoon has good shade on the side of my house and one corner of the back yard- will be stuffin leaf bags from the huge messes left by that jerky kid- worked until it ot too dark last niht. Please Lord let there be O'Doul's at the market this morning.
bbl

Loretta V 07-07-2013 05:38 AM

Doris I was surprised to see your post. Have you arrived? Or are you on the road?

We have beautiful weather here in ky. Our Chicken Fry at church was quite successful compared to others. Over 100 people which is a lot for us. We were busy the entire time.

Begete 07-07-2013 09:20 AM

Good morning. Finally reporting the 1 pound loss....the same pound that has been coming and going for three weeks, so now I am officially down 15 pounds which IMHO is not much for over 3 months on Atkins and barely any cheating at all. I only report what I weigh on Sunday mornings, and since I usually have a glass of wine over the weekend, I retain water and am up by Sunday morning's weigh in. I was actually down another pound during this past week, but was up again to 173.4 the past couple of days.

When I finally break....if I ever break 170 going down, I will be one happy trooper.

Mssarge 07-07-2013 09:46 AM

Good Sunday Morning all...congrats Babette, 15 pounds is wonderful...WTGG. I can't seem to really break into the '70's as I've been playing with it for the last six months...thinking about really knucklin' down for the rest of the summer.

Doris, I presume you were in Amarillo last night...will you be sticking to I40 through Oklahoma before diving south, or is there some way from the panhandle down to your new place...stay cool...stay hydrated...stay happy, don't let the road getcha down.

Have a great day folks (Lainey hopin' they have the O'Douls for you today)

Norfolk Mermaid 07-07-2013 01:13 PM

YEP! Got the O'Doul's...

even picked up one of the dark ones to try. Took the 3 of the 6 bottles ones they had left. It was in the original store I bought them the first time but the 6th store I tried before the circle ended. The manager said more will be in tomorrow but I am good for quite the while now. Picked up a Rasberry instant iced tea to have a change out (alternate) from the peach one. Green Leaf in the bottle is the best one I ever tasted but I ain't spending that kind of moula for 8 oz of ice tea I don't care how good it taste. I got one hydrangia in the ound- plants sure are shorter when they are out of the pots- four more to go.
The sun is blistering hot but for some reason there is a cool breeze occasionally which feels like heaven must feel like.
I'mmmm baaaack! got distracted and left this unfinished.
Hosed down the drive way and walk ways in hopes of cooling it down a bit. Moms and Dad's awnings from the side of the left of the house- over the front door and little porch to over the picture window to more than or about half way across the front of the house and they reach out towards the front lawn quite far and are sizzle hot in the burning sun. Need to hose that down but water has gone up so I need to figure out Dad's well pump but couldn't use that anyway as it would turn the white siding yellow. Always something!
The birdies are beating me to the figs and that makes me mad as I will be watching one or two to get just riht and the next day this one cat bird has eaten half of it. I am spraying all I can reach with dish soap and water and may invest in one of those nets but no- the tree is too tall. I will for sure prune the heck out of it this Feb. for sure... say that every year but this year "14" it will happen! They sure are yummy honey tasteing this year. Tonights supper will be well rinsed, patted dry and quartered with Feta cheese and EVOO drizzled on top. One of my fav. meals. I finally figured why they give everyone diarrhea- it is the pithe at the stem end. I cut the stem off and peel about 1/8 down- just until the white pith is almost gone. They are gigantic this year- I can eat 5 normal size and be ok but these huge ones I will limit to 3 if I can find the will power... bouht Pepto Bis. today just in case.
What are y'all all doing doing today? I am waiting for the sun to go down to stuff more leaf bags. That ding dong kid! When I prune I keep in mind the bag stuffing and prune to make that easier. Never again with that kid. Supposed to rain tomorrow so if it does some house work is in order.
Will be watching the America's Got Talent I slept thru last week as they are repeating it tonight.
bbl or t.

Sharss 07-07-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Begete (Post 16503653)
Good morning. Finally reporting the 1 pound loss....the same pound that has been coming and going for three weeks, so now I am officially down 15 pounds which IMHO is not much for over 3 months on Atkins and barely any cheating at all. I only report what I weigh on Sunday mornings, and since I usually have a glass of wine over the weekend, I retain water and am up by Sunday morning's weigh in. I was actually down another pound during this past week, but was up again to 173.4 the past couple of days.

When I finally break....if I ever break 170 going down, I will be one happy trooper.

Why don't you have your weigh-ins on Friday morning? Seems to me that would be more valid due to your glass of wine on the weekend. Then you'd be losing your water weight before your next weigh-in. :dunno:

Norfolk Mermaid 07-07-2013 03:57 PM

Sharon, excellent idea for Begete.
Mercy me! I am spent from yard work today. I know stuffing leaf bags is gardenin but I like thinking of ardening as at least half and half of the grunt work and eating the veggies and filling the vases with beautiful flowers and planning ways to make even more beautimous. Course catching up finally on the heavy duty sweat & groan that is what I will have. FOR SURE this winter will be different as I have already made a mental list of doing things that will NOT have to be done next spring, summer and fall. A whole lot of things.
bbl or t
e.

Begete 07-07-2013 04:34 PM

Sharon, I note your suggestion, but I have two reasons for keeping to my Sunday morning
Weigh in.

First, I began Atkins on a Sunday and what is reflected in my stats is a Sunday morning weight.

Second, I realize that low carb will have to be a more or less permanent WOE for me forever, so I need to be realistic. I am not going to live the rest of my life without a glass or two of wine on the weekends or an occasional cheat, so I need to track my weight with those issues built in.

But I appreciate your thoughts!! Thank you.