Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   The Golden Years (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/)
-   -   Friday, July 5 Roll call (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/807418-friday-july-5-roll-call.html)

LoveMontana 07-04-2013 09:10 PM

Friday, July 5 Roll call

https://imageshack.com/a/img843/1999/i2jk.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.com

This week was also the 150th Anniversary of the Battle of Gettysburg.

Norfolk Mermaid 07-05-2013 02:18 AM

check in.
bbl

Begete 07-05-2013 08:21 AM

Good morning...

Another day with no plans except we may pick our garlic and put it in the shed to cure.

Have a good one.

modon69478 07-05-2013 08:32 AM

Good morning,

Will be leaving to run a few errands - bank, post office, AT&T store, Target - then come home and try to make some lite cherry 'fried' pies. I've been pretty industrious lately - what's up with that?? Watched 'Lincoln' last night from the Netflix disc - tonight, I'm going to try the streaming part.

Hope everyone's pets are safe and sound today -

Take care of yourselves and try to enjoy the day!

Michele

Shalbrihil 07-05-2013 10:14 AM

We survived the booms as sissels last night. I had to give my little guy a calming pill to finally calm him down. Had a horrible time. We have new next door neighbors and boy did they have fun. We were all on edge. Tad is still sleeping it off.

Dh is off to the dentist for cleaning and I've just had my protein shake. Think the bike is in order. Have a nice day everyone.

Mssarge 07-05-2013 10:33 AM

Good morning all...survived the boomers last night. By the time we got to bed it had all died down and dogs were so relieved....just hope they don't have leftovers to plague us today. Cooling off a bit, expecting low 90's temps, so that's a relief as well.

have a good day folks...

Loretta V 07-05-2013 10:41 AM

We watched the NYCity's fire works display on tv. Quite impressive except for the music drowning out the boomers. I would have preferred to hear the booms.

We had a nice day yesterday. Today we have clouds and mists on occasion.

SuSUN 07-05-2013 07:02 PM

Hi All,

I hope You ALL had a wonderful July 4th.

My little furry patient is healing really well and eating more each day. It was one week yesterday since his oral surgery. He sees the Vet next week for his two week post surgery check up. He is till on antibiotics and doing fine. Bright eyed and bushy tailed.

Sorry to hear of those thunder bumpers and stormy weather.

Wow! Michele, what a laundry list of errands. You Are so productive! That's a good thing right?

Sharon, oh sorry to hear of your pup and his anxiety. Glad you had those pills on hand.

Mary, good timing for those pups going to bed after the storm.

Babette, did you manage to pick the garlic today? Do you pickle it or freeze it?

Waving at Linda, Loretta and Lainey...the three L Ladies. Ha!

mykneesareback 07-05-2013 08:04 PM

Saying hello~
Lainey, sorry you had the bumper bender, thankfully you weren't hurt! Hope it doesn't amount to too much to fix it.

We stayed at my brother's last night, and are not used to all the loud fireworks in a neighborhood, they weren't allowed up in the mountains where we lived, and this neighborhood had a lot of stuff going on, we went to bed early, and they kept us awake. Thank goodness there was no dog around to drive nuts.

Doug and Mary, I don't know how you do it, living where you do! It felt hot as heck when we stopped at rest stops near your areas, good heaven's! We did notice other seniors out and about, barely any clothes on, but walking around as though the heat didn't really bother them.

Heading towards Amarillo early tomorrow, we are trying to get there in plenty of time to check out the house before the movers get there. It was a dismal day on July 3, 103 degrees, miserable weather, and yet the packers worked their butts off, what a job!

Take Care, everyone! Waving at you all, hope the power stays on, Julie!

Norfolk Mermaid 07-05-2013 08:22 PM

Coming in to say nighty night.

I am beginning to feel like Anne with too much on my plate. Like that has ever happened- food wise any way.
Need to take my niht pills and tuck in for some reading and puzzles then sleep. A nice neihbor is coming tomorrow with a bumper from the junk yard to fix my Jeep- he said I was blessed with only "body" work to worry about...500.00 dollars cash so I'll have to transfer funds from my Wells Fargo Platinum Visa card to my Wells Fargo checking account. I am afraid the Visa is going to come back with "shoot her NOW"
So sorry for the pets having their trouble with the storms and surgery. I need one of those shirts to wear all the time lately- gardening usually keeps me grounded but lately there is too much even for gardening to handle. (I know- pun intended). lol
Any good week end plans out there? Same old, same old here except for the Jeep being fixed- I will sweat bullets till that is complete and I am back out on the road. Pray a little prayer for that to happen for me tomorrow. Please!
Triple digits coming and today was not near that but brutal- I was outside for 10 and in the A/C for twenty from sun up till 8: pm. Did manage to stuff one leaf bag, weed quite a bit and prune some but the watering can filling and waterting was a time eater. I have baby/tiny cukes and a yellow squash is about ready to pick. The peppers and eggplants are finally taking off and growing well after the slow spring. Have lots of toms to eat on poppy seed rolls that I gut the soft bread out and am enjoying pepperd turkey/luttuce and mayo. So delish!
bbt

Norfolk Mermaid 07-05-2013 08:28 PM

Hi Doris, You'll be in that sweet house before you know it and then all the unpacking begins. You got lots and lots of time for that so "At your leasure please". Sorry for spellin just too tire out to care.
bbt