LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2013, 08:24 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec.1997
Thursday, July 4 Roll Call

Make it a good one folks and remember the reason for this holiday.
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2013, 09:16 PM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
HAPPY 4th OF JULY & Thanks Linda

AMERICAN TROOPS SINCE THE REVOLUTION TILL THIS VERY DAY ARE IN MY HEART.

Woe is me... I crashed the Cherokee into a cement pole that holds the handi capped sign today. My wet foot slipped off the brake & onto the accelerator. The driver's side head light is totaled and the bumper was on the ground. I called 911 and the dispacher said since it was on private property the police were not involved. Walked into the store and the manager said to keep her posted- there was no damage to the cement bottomed pole. Being my age I thought the bumper was metal and weighed a ton- HA... maybe 3 lbs. Neihbor "Joe" came with his pick up and put the bumper in his pick up and said the Jeep was fine to drive but to go straight home (he lives across the street) "good guy". The air bag did not even inflate but I am guessing the repair will hurt bad. Very upsetting event. I am beinning to just NOT CARE about anything anymore. I can walk to my hair wash tomorrow and the market is just across the street from there. I will need a ride to the bank to deposit Mom's check and everything else can wait. Lordy, I can't catch a break money wise but am thankful it was me versis a pole and not much worse with another driver and their car- I really thouht I had hit the car on the other side of the pole and was tremendously relieved to see that pole.
I slept from before dark to a few hours ago and am going back to bed now.
Feel like cussing a blue streak but will pray my gratitude for it not being worse.
For the 4th I picked up poppy seed sub buns for my Italian sausage and a baby seedless watermelon- will make some FF's in coconut oil and make some peach iced tea. Thumb sized seedless blackberries and vanilla fro yo for a bed time desert. Gonna ask Mary Ann (new friend) if she would like to go to the little parade by the little lake near by but gonna bet hot I imagine.
Nighty nihty everyone.
bbt
I was sweating the frozen shrimp and fro yo.

Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 05:06 AM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: modon69478
Stats: 143/132.4/118
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
Good Morning All,

I'm sorry to hear about your car accident, Lainey; but am very glad you weren't injured.

Last night I had a very nice time with old friends at a bbq - some I hadn't seen in several years. Today will be a stay at home day, since the pup is very sensitive to the fireworks. I don't want to come home to a mess, if you know what I mean... So, I'm going to make a LC raspberry crumb cake, do some housework, and watch a Netflix.

Waving to all - Doris, Anne, Susan, Loretta, Gladys, Mary, Julie, Linda, Babette, Louise, and anyone that I may have missed.

Take care of yourselves,
Michele

Enjoy the day as best you can
modon69478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 05:50 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ocali
So far, the sun is shining. So hopefully, our little parade will be 'on' in a couple of hours followed by the hamburgers, etc., etc. I'll be wearing bright red shirt, white shorts, and blue sandals. Also, big star earrings.
Lainey, there's always something, huh? It doesn't sound too serious and may not cost as much as you think.
What kind of a check that you said came from your mom?
Hi to Linda and Michelle. Happy Fourth of July to everyone. Mwaaaaah!
ocali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 08:32 AM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Happy Fourth everyone.

Sorry to hear about your accident, Lainey.

No plans for the day except to relax and putter in the garden. There are parades at both ends of our Island, but I hate crowds.
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 08:59 AM   #6
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Doug_H
Stats: 265/203/ Under 200
WOE: Low Carb/Keepin' it simple
Start Date: Oct 99
Happy Fourth everyone.

Hang in there Lainey

Not much planned here either. Will be doing a turkey on the grill later and that's about it.

Doug
Doug_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:47 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Morning y'all...Happy Independence Day...with you. Babellte, on the crowds so will remain home with the pack. Thank goodness for the Thunder Shirt. Last night the fools were playing with the fireworks and I slapped the shirt on MeMe and she started feeling much better. It was expensive, but worth every penny the few times I've used it.

I used to park my truck about a half mile away on the street overlooking the freeway for the city's fireworks display in the park...put the chairs in the back, turn on the radio and listen to the music which was synced to the display....miss that. Don was like a kid and loved the fireworks so we used to go to them...even the Rose Bowl one year...Pasadena puts on a heck of a display...guess I'll be cuddled up with the pack watching the Boston Pops, or the show from D.C....probably do both.

I may have mentioned this last year, if so, forgive me...but one year in Japan, I invited all our local nationals onto base for the fireworks display on the flightline for the 4th...then to my dorm for drinks and snacks afterward. The base's fireworks were about ten-fifteen minutes long, and I thought it was too short so when we got to the dorm, I stuck my tapes in the VCR and played the rededication of the Statue of Liberty...remember that festival back in the day? We had a ball.

Lainey, hoping you discover the damage is not as bad as you think it is and will be able to get it fixed soon....Don had an accident like that, wet foot slipped on the pedal and hit another car...terrible way to have an accident.

Enjoy your 4th whatever plans you have...me, I'm just hibernating.

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:49 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Long post just went into the ether....sigh! Good morning all
Old 07-04-2013, 11:09 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well, I guess it didn't go into the ether...just slow posting to the thread...anyway...have a great day and enjoy the holiday.
Old 07-04-2013, 12:25 PM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Mary, what is a thunder shirt?
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 12:29 PM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
Just back from our little 4th celebration... nice but

the usual country music was absent and what they had was awful. Lots of community type vendors that were fun and the food vendors everywhere were nice ones.
We could not believe how cool it was by the lake and under so very many shady trees.
Will do some gardening when it and I cool down a bit and fry some onions to go with frying that Italian Sausage- thouht it was brats but when I looked in the liht I saw it was Italian... I like any sausage so no problem.
Thanks for good thoughts about the Jeep repair. Mary Ann has a great recommendation for me to contact. Still I worry a little.
bbl
Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 01:09 PM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
Hope everyone is enjoying there 4th.

Lainey be careful out there. Mary Ann sounds like a nice BFF. I'm glad you had your time at the lake. We're having a nice day right here. Dh smoked some salmon so I'm heading for some for lunch.

Julie love what you're wearing.

Mary I'm ready for the pops and bangs here tonight too. Tad will be wearing his shirt as soon as the sun goes down.
Shalbrihil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 03:14 PM   #13
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
Start Date: Dec.1997
Babette, was curious about the thunder shirt so I googled and found this.

Interesting.

BBL
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 04:07 PM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks for posting this, Linda, I've never seen this. It was last year I was writing about the shirt, Fourth of July, I discovered it. My doxie, MeMe, is terrified at loud noises, guns, fireworks and, of course, thunder. She becomes the biggest lap dog you've ever seen and tries to crawl under my skin to get away from it. I put it on her at the first sound and she's instantly calm...works wonders and she can go lay down and not show any signs of distress....expensive but well worth it. Hadn't thought about using it for barking and jumping, will try it.

I've seen found out that for thunderstorms, there is a simpler, cheaper method of calmer her. Apparently the static electricity in a thunderstorm raises havoc with the hair on the dogs...some a particularly sensitive to it...rubbing a laundry softener sheet over their backs give them a lot of relief and dogs can relax.

Again, sorry I wasn't clearer when I posted earlier, but I had covered it pretty well last year, I was remiss in not explaining it.

Hoping to enjoy tonight's tv festivities and hope you enjoyed yours as well.

Last edited by Mssarge; 07-04-2013 at 04:13 PM..
Old 07-04-2013, 05:47 PM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ocali
The electricity was out from 4 p.m. to 8:30 tonight. I had the flashlights and candles ready. No a/c, no t.v., no nothing.
Earlier, went to the 4th of July bbq at one of the clubhouses. There were over 160 folks there. Not bad since all the snowbirds are up north.
Had a nice time as I was with friends and saw lots of old friends.
ocali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 06:08 PM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: modon69478
Stats: 143/132.4/118
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
Mary, Are you watching 'A Capitol Fourth'? What do you think? Are they showing the Boston Pops where you are? It's not on here I don't really care for the Macy's show.

Just curious,
Michele
modon69478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 10:13 PM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yep, Michelle, watched the Capitol Fourth...no Boston Pops and I, too, don't care fore the Macy's Fourth thingie...they're the Thanksgiving Day Parade, not the Independence Day thingie. I'm really surprised the Boston Pops is not broadcast this year...they were showing on the news that the city was setting up for it...oh well, another tradition down the tubes.

One of my biggest regrets is that the year I was at the capitol on the fourth and my friends had plans to go to the mall for the celebration...I didn't go. Their teenagers were having problems and wanted to talk to their auntie mary so I missed it...think I did some good with the two kids, tho', so I guess it was worth it.

It's 10 pm and the neighbors are still shooting off the fireworks...it has been a noisy neighborhood this year. I guess we have a lot of newbie's in the neighborhood as they're firing off really big boomers. My MeMe is going absolutely crazy and I'm not far behind. I think I'm on my last nerve. Sure hope they run out of boomers soon.

Last edited by Mssarge; 07-04-2013 at 10:16 PM..