LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2013, 07:33 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
WEDNESDAY'S Roll Call, July 3

Well, friends, the moving truck is supposed to arrive between 8 and 10 AM, so we will have to step lively to stay out of their way. It was so danged hot today, and 75% humidity, unusual for us. Poor dh, the dumpster arrived and was filled quickly, so he had to wait for the guy to dump it and then dh had to fill it up during the hottest part of the day, he had to go lie down for several hrs after that. I tried to help, but not enough, needed to empty all the cabinets, hoosier cabinet, lol, and the refrigerators and freezer. The neighbor lady is sure happy about it though.
We have a motel reservation for tomorrow night, hopefully I can clean up while the movers finish up room by room, so we can leave as quickly as possible. Our house was sold "as is", the buyers are painting and reflooring and redoing the whole insides.
Sigh.
Mary, can't imagine people going to Death Valley during a heat wave, but people need a change of pace, I suppose. I saw the tv article about them though. Hoping you feel better tomorrow

Begete, is your garden being filmed again next month?

Lainey, I'm so glad you have that A/C going, and can sleep at night, lordy, and get the yard done.

Linda, bet the large stores had lots of people going walking there, we plan to do that kind of thing one day, also.

Sharon, how is your garden doing, is the heat making it spring up quickly?

We are having thunder and lightning and some rain, which cooled it down, it had hit 104 this afternoon.

I've gotta go get dh's meds ready for several days, and he has to organize all of his insulin pens, get them ready for the ice chest, etc.

Take care of yourselves, friends.

You realize, don't you, it's not "just about the food".!
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2013, 08:10 PM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
House and garden both getting attention now.

Asleep at 7:30 p and up at 9:45 and heading back to sleep now at 11:05. Hope to be finished catching up on sleep soon. Brief periods of rain today in the mix.
God Bless your travels Doris and G! Marvy about the house- you two must be charmed with things oing so fast to a perfectly beautiful home. Never got to see your old one I don't think.
Sweet dreams.
OOPS, THIS IS TOO SOON BUT I AM TOO TIRED/SLEEPY TO MOVE IT BACK.
bb in am
Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:46 PM   #3

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec.1997
Thanks for the start off , Doris. With all you have to do it's surprising to see you here. Bless your heart.

Safe travels. When do you think you will arrive in Texas? AND oh , please get Time Warner Road Runner Internet and Cable You will LOVE it.

Night Lainey and sleep well in that wonderful air conditioning.
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:55 PM   #4

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
Thanks, Linda. I'm sitting here because I finally have some "down" time, it's almost time for bed, and dh has to stay up until a certain time to do his blood test and have his shot. Had a lovely shower, lol, and ready to hit the sack, we only had that double bed in here now, sort of funny, with all the huge boxes piled high.

I called Dish Mover, to have an appt. for when we are there for tv, and dh wanted to watch his A's baseball game, only to notice that the time on the tv was 2 hrs. ahead now, and he can't get his usual sport channel on, lol. So he is sitting watching a Spanish movie, until time for bed. Our son uses Time Warner, and loves it for internet, but he had Dish for awhile and then switched. He works for AT & T U-verse though, but they don't have it where he lives, and they don't have it where we live, either.

Good Night!
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 09:25 PM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
So glad it's getting close now for you and your house did sell to the interested couple. Safe travels to you both. Make sure you have plenty of water and wet towels for comfort from heat. Keep a couple in the ice chest. Our garden is doing splendidly. We are enjoying the zucchini and soon will be picking bean. Tomatoes are slow in coming but will have loads when they start changing color.

Hot is still staying with us. Our little lemon tree has some blossoms. I'm thinking I'll leave them alone and see if I get lemons from them.

See everyone in the morning. Time to shut my eyes.

"Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it.”
Eckhart Tolle

Sharon
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:33 PM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Doris, safe travels and hope you're able to check in with us tomorrow night from Oroville...You thought the packers worked fast, wait'll you see the movers. It's amazing how many of those boxes they can carry. If they arrive at 8 ayem, they'll be finished within a couple of hours. Hope you slept well on the double bed...Don and I had a hard time with a queen after we got used to the king...wonder how we did it with a double for all those years...and with a fairly large dog hogging all the space.

It's actually cooler tonight than it's been in a long time, got the house opened up...but they're saying the heat will be around through the week. Sharon, hope it's starting to cool around thy space...when it does, it'll get cooler here.

Sleep tight, folks, and don't let the bed bugs bite...

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 03:58 AM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
GGood Morning- thanks who (?) started us. Too early for me.

Just about slept from sun down to sun up but a lot of lost sleep to make up for. This morning I looked thru my bed room door from the bed (use sleep mask) and thought WOW I never seen it so foggy. It was condensation!!! Nigh on 3 years since I have seen that except for the laundry room. uess who my new BFF's are- Aunt Jane slept on the piano last night and Lady SuSun slept on my back! They have not done that since winter. Before, even if they were in the house I would put them out because SuSun would be panting.
Low chance of rain today but it is shopping day anyway. Weds. are crazy mad because getting the leaf bags and garbage out for tomorrow and I like to get rid of anything I can. The purple hearts section of the garage is growing large. Since it is shopping day as well I will double clean the fridge & freezer needs older frozen chicken delt with.
Wishin safe travels for Doris and G. and a safe and great day for all else.
bbl

Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 05:49 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ocali
Happy Trails to you, Doris! Keep in touch as well as you can.
ocali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 05:53 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: modon69478
Stats: 143/132.4/118
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
Safe Travels Doris! Will be thinking of you often as you travel this way

Michele
modon69478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:44 AM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Good morning all...just checking in and waving to all. Nuttin' planned for the day, except stay cool. Getting a little wash done before it gets too hot and picking up a bit around the house. Catch y'all later.
Mssarge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:05 AM   #11
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Doug_H
Stats: 265/203/ Under 200
WOE: Low Carb/Keepin' it simple
Start Date: Oct 99
Have a safe trip Doris.

Give us a when you pass through Needles. There is a wildfire "Dean Peak fire" east of Kingman, AZ but it shouldn't affect you on I-40.

Doug
Doug_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 12:22 PM   #12

Gallery: Loretta V
Stats: 140/116.5/120
WOE: Low Carb & Modified JUDDD Jan. 2012
Start Date: July 2001/ Low Carb Friends 9/2001
Have a safe journey Doris. Be happy in your new surroundings. You will be just as busy when you get there trying to find a place for your things.
Loretta V is offline   Reply With Quote