Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   The Golden Years (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/)
-   -   Tuesday Roll Call, July 2 (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/807274-tuesday-roll-call-july-2-a.html)

LoveMontana 07-02-2013 07:36 AM

Tuesday Roll Call, July 2

Humm, no one else started this so I guess I'll do it.
:dunno:

No picture today. No time.

Shalbrihil 07-02-2013 08:15 AM

Morning!
Linda it's just you and me! Wake up everyone time to get up!
Thanks for getting this started.

I'm here in the heat still. Yuck! Hopefully it will be settling back down to normal 70's by sometime this week. Cabin fever is setting in.

Hi and :hugs: to everyone. I'll be checking in later.

Norfolk Mermaid 07-02-2013 08:48 AM

Good morning. Thanks Linda- been here a couple of times waiting.

Running all throuh the house and gettin long negelected stuff done. A/C is the most important invention of all time! Well, penicillin is I guess but right now to me.....
Rain has made the weeds march like enemy troops all over the place so I feel like a prvt. no class dropping for a 100 every time I walk past a patch. Yeesh.
Yellow squash and cukes are also making haste- cannot wait to start eating them. Peppers and eggplant are very slow- not like anything in the past (?) that cold and long spring I guess.
Need to get a wash goin as I want to be free to enjoy Soc. Sec. deposit day.
Whew, Doris and G did a bang up job dealing with movers and getting ready for them.
Will take some more pics soon as the sun shows itself again- forcast says quite a while though. Who listens to them anyway. I to admire the one that does not watch the news. I have always been a news junkie myself but find it stupid now and many times just wrong. I did quit the local news quite a while ago except for the weather but that is worthless as well. The way the talking heads constantly repeat each others names is distracking and a waste of air time and self serving beyound words- who the ell cares? Their days are numbered anyway and the sooner the better. I have, like Jezzie, thought of shutting down cable but huge emergencies and a few shows prevent me from doing that. Course I have two Bose radios and all the TV shows for a whole year are rentable now and I am patient enough for that!
Gotta go, need to sneak up on some more weeds and get rid of the older fans that I have every where in the house. Want to call "Purple Hearts" for a pick up in the next few weeks or so.
bbl

Begete 07-02-2013 08:55 AM

Good morning,

So glad to hear you A/C is working, Lainey.

We have ours going, too. I can't sleep in temps above 64!

Busy day planned: cleaning and making sugar free strawberry jam and a chard quiche and some deviled eggs.

Seems like I just cannot go very far above induction and still lose weight :-(

Have a good one.

Mssarge 07-02-2013 10:10 AM

Hey y'all...been having a hard time sleeping and am usually waking up around four ayem or so. Then having a hard time going back to sleep...this morning I took another tylenol and slept really wonderfully for another few hours. I am slightly blue and don't know if the depression is causing the sleeplessness or vice versa...oh well, this too shall pass.

Called the kid to see if it was time for me to pick him up and he's having to do a load of laundry??? If he doesn't call soon, I'll just take care of the poo myself. Also, thinking of returning the whacker I bought which is a wired one...gotta plug into an outlet...it was the cheapest I could get. Thinking of taking it back to get a rechargeable one...no tether. A bit more expensive, but may be worth the wait. I don't have that many weeds that need whacked as I usually have the lawn guy take care of the backyard during the rainy season, but a few crop up during the dry season.

I see where a lot of folks have been going to Death Valley this week, hoping to catch the signs with a record temperature....the highest registered there was 134 degrees a number of years ago and in this heat wave it's been hitting 130. Can't believe anyone goes to Scotty's Castle this time of year for any reason.

Well, gotta go and take care of my morning routine...bbl. Have a great day folks and stay cool.