LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2013, 08:51 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
FRIDAY Roll Call, June 28

Almost time for bed, lol. Just wanted to get this going.

Surrounded by bags and boxes, etc. Need to get the bed emptied, so we can sleep.

Have a good Friday, friends.
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2013, 05:42 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ocali
Doris, good luck and stay 'cool' for the next week! It's a lot of work and aggravation, but you will be so happy when you are settled. And, it won't be long in coming!
Lainey, my suggestion is that you give up the outdoor work for a while in this hot weather. I know you are so anxious to get things in order but I think working in this heat is really making you ill. Or, see about getting those boys from the church to do it. Perhaps Ila can help you out by paying for a man-or two-to get the work done in a day.
Does she know what you are trying to do yourself in this weather? JMHO
Hi to everyone...stay cool.
Old 06-28-2013, 06:03 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: weezie
Stats: 160/129/125 (5' 3")
WOE: mostly low carb
Doris, wishing you well with the move. It is a PITA, but as Julie said, you will be so happy once you are settled in.

Lainey, I second Julie's remark. Avoid the outdoor work during the heat and PLEASE go buy yourself a small a/c. You don't need a very big one to knock out the humidity and drop the temp a bit. I know you don't want any more debt, but this is critical to your health. It is NOT a luxury.

So far my new chemo seems "less worse" than the previous in terms of side effects. Bob is doing well with his also.

Our older dog Ben, who is 13, was diagnosed with Lyme disease but is doing well now on antibiotics.

Never a dull moment!

best to all,

-Louise
weezie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 06:44 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
Thanks Doris, especially knowing how very busy you are.

Julie, I just cannot stop but I sure will give up the heat of the day 1: or 2: till 5: or 6: I sure do not want to kill myself or sure. Have not heard from Ila for weeks now. The last time we spoke on the phone I may have said something wrong or that was taken wrong. Who knows. She is crazy busy I do know that for sure. There is one back yard corner that I will start to tackle today. It is really bad with very tall grass growing thru the mulch- more tedious and borin than difficult and does go kinda fast. Weeds are super easy with my kneeler. I swear I feel like a army private dropping for a 100 every time I pass a patch of weeds- little by little at 3 or 3 minutes 10 or more times a day is making a dent and doing that in the whole yards makes for a change of views which is less brain numbing. I have ask the church enough times to give up on them. Ila's husband is negative on any time, money or attention she wants to give me- less for him don't you know. What a shame. I told her at that last conversation that if she wanted to know how a husband would treat her in the future LOOK at how he treats her mother now.... was talking about her first husband but at least there was some sophistication and equal statis with him. Guess she thought I was under neith talking about Anthony. Well, they have to live their lives as I did in my marriage and as well all have do in our lives.
bbl

Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 06:49 AM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

LOUISE, so happy that yours and Bob's chemo is easing a bit. Is radiation a factor in your treatments?
Gotta etta oing here. Maybe a couple of ames of solitaire before it hit it hard!
bbl
Old 06-28-2013, 06:53 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

LINDA, read your facebook last night and was knocked for a loop on those charities. Is there anyway you could e-mail me that so I could save it! Printer does not work and I wasn't able to copy and paste it I even tried to e-mail it to myself but wouldn' work either. Did you put that on twitter and all other sites you could? EVERYONE should know about that and I know I will send it to everyone I know. Can you put a link to it here?
Thanks
Old 06-28-2013, 08:20 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Hey y'all...103 here yesterday and going higher today...time to duck and cover, Doug. I hear it's going over 120 on the river today and tomorrow. Humidity is up as well so our "feels like" temp is increased, too.

Doris, maybe the few day's delay in your leaving your mountains will make it easier on the drive...maybe it'll "only" be in the 90's when you hit the flantland.

Lainey, really good advice about "coolin'" it during this hot spell. You don't need to make yourself any sicker...

Me? I'm just chillin' 'tho I may make a quickie run to the commissary...not that I need much (milk and eggs stuff), but I will by tomorrow and the first of the month gets crazy busy, plus with the holiday coming up, it'll be a madhouse tomorrow.

Have a good day, folks, and stay cool.

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:24 AM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

A/C Repair coming tomorrow between Noon & 5: pm

If I opt for the repair he will apply the diagnostic to the repair bill.
One thing for sure is I will not out live my debts.
Louise, thanks for the final push- you have made a lot of sweet people here happy and me as well. I do not know when I lost my belief that health matters more than anything in a life....anybody knows not sleeping, eating and bordering on heat prostration on a daily basis is extremely unhealthy. The past 3 years withou a/c have been the hottest summers on record here and I'll bet that happens this year as well. We already hit a record of consecetive days in the 90s. BUT is was a spring from heaven! while it lasted.
I'll up tic everyone tomorrow when he leaves.
Now, about that leakin roof onto my piano LOL.
bbl
Old 06-28-2013, 08:29 AM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Glad to see Lainey posting this morning. Last night sounded horrible. I third Julie's suggestion about not working outside in the heat.

Even here where it seldom goes above 72, even in August, we are supposed to get temps in the 80's this weekend and early next week, though not as high as M's temps, the news says it could reach into the 90's. Even the 80's in June would break records here.

Weezie - good to hear that you and Bob are doing OK.

and Doris - been there, done that, you have my sympathy.

Question: I am down to 173 this morning, BUT again, I have events tonight and tomorrow, so I will probably be up to 175+ again by Sunday morning.
I do not over-eat at these weekend events, in fact I eat less quantity-wise, than if I was on induction, but even small amounts of non low carb food cause at minimum a temporary weight gain. At most I have a glass of white wine.

Any thoughts?
Old 06-28-2013, 08:56 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Begete, I'd suggest lots and lots of non-caffeinated liquid - 8 to 12 cups of things like water, cucumber water, herbal tea, diluted juice, etc. When I have chemo, the steroids push up my weight overnight and flushing with liquids makes it drop almost immediately.
Old 06-28-2013, 09:05 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Lainey, so glad to hear the a/c guy is coming!

Not sure I posted this already (sieve brain here) but we are expecting delivery of a counter top dishwasher today. I never knew such a thing existed, but have now learned that a lot of people use them in RV's and mobile homes. I am forbidden contact with hot water with my current chemo because it can cause blistering and didn't feel it fair to have Bob do all the dish washing. Since we cannot fit a built in model, this is next best. Fingers crossed that it works!
Old 06-28-2013, 10:14 AM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
Louise our first dishwasher was a counter top style. It rolled around and made a great chopping block. I think you will love yours too.

Lainey thinking of you and glad your are having something done with your AC.

Susan how's your little walking buddy doing today? Are you still hand feeding? I never thought it but Gladys is right she/he may have some problem keeping that tongue inside.

Doris your adventure is a stressful one but we all agree soon this will all be on the backside and you both will be breathing easier soon. Good to hear your buying prospects are reconsidering.

Linda charity link??

A big :hug: for all the ones who are having a busy summer. Hope you can stop by again real soon.

Enjoy your day. I'm in front of the fan. Woo Hoo that feels good!

"Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it.”
Eckhart Tolle

Sharon
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:24 AM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Louise, I know lots of folks that use the counter-top machine and it works well for them. In fact my sis used the roll-around, chopping block type for years...would buy a new one every time the old one wore out. Hope it does for you.

Lainey, glad to hear you're having the ac taken care of...keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't cost an arm and a leg...but it will be worth it. I don't know how you've done it for the last few years. I couldn't have done it.

Forgot I have the handyman coming this morning to check the fence to see what he can do...he had complications from a broken leg last fall and has just lost his walker and is now using only a cane...sure hope he can fix the broken boards in the fence....can't stand it if the fur-kids get through it again...Snoopy fell into the ditch a couple of weeks ago and is just now healing. I'm particularly concerned about the gate....the cross bar that holds the latch is rotten and can't hold it anymore. I'm using a trashcan to keep the gate closed.

Well, he just showed up and will be back Monday morning to take care of it....thank goodness. The fence is almost 30 years old and has just been mended whenever it needed it...the owner hasn't the money to replace it so it's just fix and repair. Sometimes the winds are so strong they've blown over whole sections, but it contains the dogs, and that's what we want.

Excuse the rant...but it has been a thorn in my side for sometime now...the handyman broke his leg 11 months ago...car accident..and has had several complications. He's not been able to come out and I've just been patching as I can so will be glad to see it getting done.

Now it's time to run to the commissary for a few things...will be sweating when I get back fer shure, so will bbl.

Last edited by Mssarge; 06-28-2013 at 10:26 AM..
Old 06-28-2013, 12:49 PM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Back from the commissary; 84 degrees when I left, 94 when I got back an hour later and 15 minutes later...97. So it's going up, up, and...

Hope everyone is chillin' today.
Old 06-28-2013, 04:55 PM   #15

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec.1997
Hi gang, thought I had posted in here, but I guess not.

Doris, have the first wave of the movers been there today packing?

Sharon, I emailed an updated link to Lainey. Best advice is to give only to know local charities. The rest have huge operating costs among other things.

Babette, keep on keeping on. If you are doing it correctly, the weight will come off.

Hi Julie, it must be very hot and humid there in Fla.

Lainey, hope you got the updated link.
So happy to hear you will have the air conditioner in the car repaired.

Oh Louise, great that you got one of those cute little counter top dishwashers. You are right, they are wonderful for a Motor Home and for anyone who just can't do dishes. They work fine for two people and small loads.
Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr

As Jack Nicholson said in the Bucket List "Somewhere right now, some lucky B*st*rd is having a heart attack"
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 09:10 PM   #16

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
What a cute dishwasher, have never seen that before, learn something every day!! Hope it works well for you, Louise.

Lainey, I sure hope the A/C will be repaired and not cost too much, so you can sleep when you need to.

Sharon, how hot does it get where you live, does the ocean help a lot during heat waves, or do you get stuck with high heat too, if the wind doesn't blow right?

Mary, I can only imagine your heat, you and Doug take the cake allright!! Take care, and I know you do stay inside and cool your heels.

Linda, I hear you about the charities allright!!

Julie, do you use the same yard people that other folks have, or are there people from your community that do it for everyone, all the time? Like a homeowners association, I mean?

Begete, when you had movers and packers, did they work so danged fast, you couldn't watch everything they did, lol ? These people came in and worked their butts off, I'm sitting in here with boxes piled high. They left the computer on and the tv so dh could watch his shows, at least.

I had to look to see what day it was, were so busy, I bagged up cassette tapes, tomorrow I'm doing the CD's so the people don't have to do those on Monday. We found stuff we didn't know we had anymore, I had missed some things, after the flood in 1997, and they were found, hiding in boxes either behind the end of the large closet, or behind linens and stuff. They packed the feather bed, lol. I can't find any of my rubber thongs, though.

Have a pleasant night, friends.

You realize, don't you, it's not "just about the food".!
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 09:14 PM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh my goodness isn't that cute. Louise that will be fun to use. Thanks Linda. I was thinking along those lines about charities. Local is by far the better way if you feel like donating to something.

Well the heat here is calming down so will try to get to bed. See you all tomorrow.
Old 06-28-2013, 09:19 PM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Doris we're a bit cooler than Mary. Being close to the coast line helps and yes we love the Los Osos Valley wind tunnel. LOL! Nighty nite.