Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   The Golden Years (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/)
-   -   EXERCISE for June 23 - June 28 (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/806660-exercise-june-23-june-28-a.html)

mykneesareback 06-22-2013 10:52 PM

EXERCISE for June 23 - June 28

I'm not doing great on my usual stuff at all, and don't expect it to change until the middle or end of July, once we are at home. But will keep on trying to get the bike done as often as possible.

Keep up what you guys are doing, don't slack off like I have!!! :shake:

Loretta V 06-23-2013 06:53 AM

Doris you have channeled you exercise to a different venue, ie packing etc. Love your avitar.

thanks for the start up once again.

Nothing formal today.

SuSUN 06-23-2013 09:39 AM

This morning did some exercises to get the blood flowing to big band music.:jumpjoy:

Plan to do arm and shoulder weights later today. After my Costco run.;)

SuSUN 06-23-2013 09:50 AM

Loretta, There are about 25 ladies and 2 men in our group. Of course not everyone comes out each time. There were 17 of us yesterday with two volunteers, who kindly bring several thermos' of coffee, treats, china cups and tablecloths. We fill 4 picnic tables. It is a good social exchange for those that don't get out much. Does your Hospice have something similar?

SouthernBelle 06-23-2013 09:55 AM

Went to my 10,000 Steps class early this morning.

It's basically a walk/jog/squat/lunge/jumping jack/crunch/repeat class along a 2.4 mile nature trail. Imagine my surprise when I signed up for a walking class and got this instead. :laugh: I jokingly refer to it as boot camp, but I like it enough to keep showing up. (This is my 4th week.) :)

Loretta V 06-23-2013 06:43 PM

Yes we do have several groups that meet at local restaurants for lunch. They never do get much of a crowd though.

LoveMontana 06-23-2013 08:40 PM

Not a whole lot today but maybe an hour walk.

Back at it tomorrow.

mykneesareback 06-23-2013 08:41 PM

That's too bad, Loretta...........but I wonder how I'd feel to get out with people, sometimes it's difficult to do, almost need to be persuaded by one person. My older cousin is a grief counselor, and he too says, taking that first step is the hardest thing. Do you and John still visit people in the hospital?

Susan, that is a large enough group, maybe it's good not everyone goes on those outings at once.

Did 2 hrs. 45 min. bike time today, and then bagging up stuff, trying on stuff, etc. Even dh is finding stuff he didn't remember he had, deep in the confines of the closet, and the store room.

Howdy, Belle, join us every day, if you can..........:)

Linda, I haven't been tracking where you are, yet.

Loretta V 06-24-2013 07:45 AM

Doris I think some people just don't want to join a grief group and have support from family and friends that fulfills their needs.

Linda I loved the graduation picture. That must have been a very big class. Did it take several hours for the ceremony?

Walk only today.

mykneesareback 06-24-2013 09:17 AM

Did 1 hr. on the bike, need breakfast and get ready to head down for dh's surgery, hoping the Feather River Canyon road is not having too long of a wait for road work.

Shalbrihil 06-24-2013 03:29 PM

Doctor day today. Now I'm free to improve for another 6 months.

Doing wall push ups, stretches and bike today.

SuSUN 06-24-2013 06:16 PM

Southern Belle, Wow! I like the sound of your class. Yes I am sure you were surprised. Congrats on your stats...You are doing Great!:clap:

Did my arm and shoulder weights routine with 5lb weights so a little activity to rev up the old metabolism.:aprayer:

Loretta, I started a little off shoot from our walking group. A few of us met and went to the movies a few times of course they want to eat before we go.:dunno:
I have been to a couple of Plays with the same ladies, so I put it out there and those that feel like venturing do. There is a dance 3 times a month. I have been a couple of times but not my scene. 2 of the ladies like it though and have continued to go. I found these things on line and sent them around to the group. So I did find my volunteer job of sorts with the group. Ha!;):D

mykneesareback 06-24-2013 07:54 PM

We walked up and down the Mall, lol, and had to park far away, but that's it for today, we are both beat today, for some reason, mentally especially, crazy stuff lately.

Loretta V 06-25-2013 11:32 AM

Good for you Susan for encouraging the group. It sometimes is just a matter of finding something they all can enjoy.

Walk and workout today.

SuSUN 06-25-2013 02:50 PM

Loretta, yes some come to the Plays, some enjoy the movies and coffee, and two ladies prefer the dancing so I try to provide a variety of things to do. I try them all too.:D;)
We have to keep moving forward right?

Doris, hopefully that walk up and down the Mall and parking lot would relieve some of the associated stress involved with a move such as yours. WTGG!

I used the large muscle groups in the Glut and Abs today to rev up that ole metabolism. Gotta keep movin every little bit counts huh? :up::D

LoveMontana 06-25-2013 03:00 PM

Been walking at least an hour plus, but have to do it in some airconditioning at the Mall or some big box store. Been over 90 degrees and humidity is about the same.

Doris, we are back from our trip but planning another

mykneesareback 06-25-2013 07:17 PM

Managed 2 hrs. on the bike, the plumber came after that, repaired both elbows in the bathroom sinks. He took all of my houseplants, too, so the garden window in the kitchen is empty, making the kitchen almost too bright!

Tomorrow is 6 hrs. in the car, not all at once. Will visit mother in law on the way back, she would like lunch at Applebee's, last one with her, for awhile anyway.

Shalbrihil 06-26-2013 09:46 AM

Starting back in some type of routine. Yesterday did some bike time along with sink push ups for upper body. It will be slow because of the aches and pains but as long as I can keep it up things should strengthen. Right now I'm the turtle in the race with the rabbit. Plan to win that race in the long run. :D

Loretta V 06-26-2013 10:04 AM

Have safe travels Doris. You will miss those plants for a while.

Got 'er done for today. Walked 4 miles and did upper and lower body work out.

LoveMontana 06-26-2013 07:26 PM

I'm so sick of this heat and humidity.:sad:

Did walk for an hour in Sam's club and did a fewwall push ups.

mykneesareback 06-26-2013 07:51 PM

That's a wonderful family picture, Linda! At least you walked at Sam's!

Sharon, just work your way up slowly, and you will gain strength back. I will join you once I get back to some kind of normal life, I like kitchen exercises! :)

Loretta, I'd like to get up there with you in the walking department, too.

Me, I didn't do anything of note today, we didn't stop and shop, just did the doctor thing, and stopped at Applebee's to have lunch with husband's 84 yr. old mother, she likes that place a lot, and it's close to her. Then we drove home, several traffic stops along the way, lucky it was in the shade. :cry:

SouthernBelle 06-27-2013 10:00 AM

Mon: 2.5 mile park walk

Tues: 30 mins treadmill followed by pilates class

Wed: Missed Zumba class so 2.5 mile park jog/run (not walk because sunset was riding my back lol). I must give credit to that 10,000 step class because I never attempted to jog before it. My endurance could use some work but physically, I'm not so bad at it.

Today: Strength training this afternoon, but I'm not sure what cardio yet. The only class I like today doesn't start until 6:30 and I get bored on the cardio equipment so I'll probably just swing by the park first.

SouthernBelle 06-27-2013 10:10 AM

Thanks for the welcome mykneesareback! I'll be sure to check in frequently. Awesome early more bike ride there. I recently discovered I prefer working out earlier in the day.

Hi SuSUN :wave: and thanks! The class definitely broke me out of my comfort zone. I didn't realize it, but I was limiting myself based on what I thought I could do. Turns out I like the challenge more. :)

Great job everyone! I like this thread. Very positive! :)

Shalbrihil 06-27-2013 02:11 PM

Still going along. You're so right about not pushing at first but going your own pace. I'm listening to me now and not having to stop because of pain.

It's in the 90's here on the Central Coast so will be keeping by a fan. We were out to shop and left the fur kids home so they weren't suffering in the truck. It's more of the same bike and kitchen exercise when it cools some.

mykneesareback 06-27-2013 09:25 PM

Did 2 hrs. on the bike, and that's it today, busy as a "bee" :newbie:

LoveMontana 06-27-2013 09:35 PM

Did a two hour walk inside of the air conditioned mall today and used the light hand weights this evening.

Loretta V 06-28-2013 09:36 AM

Very humid here also. Sure affects my speed, but I am not about to try to go faster with this heat and humidity. 102 Index yesterday.

Workout upper and lower body 30 min.

Shalbrihil 06-28-2013 10:52 AM

The heat she is rising. With no AC I'm sure glad to have my fans. Outside is a big no no until later. Everyone come out when the sun goes down.

I'm doing good with the moving and groovin'. Try to stay cool folks.

mykneesareback 06-28-2013 10:12 PM

Good going, Sharon and Loretta, I wondered about your humidity. Ours is going up by Sunday to dangerous levels.

I didn't do any bike at all today, but I was on my feet the whole time, carrying lots of books and stuff, I could start my own library!!

LoveMontana 06-29-2013 08:51 AM

Heading out to do laps at the Mall. Hopefully will get two hours in.