Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   The Golden Years (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/)
-   -   Roll Cal Sunday June 23 (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/806658-roll-cal-sunday-june-23-a.html)

LoveMontana 06-22-2013 09:12 PM

Roll Cal Sunday June 23

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/3975/7l3f.jpg

Just starting us off for Sunday.

Off in the morning to watch two of my granddaughters graduate from HS.

Begete 06-22-2013 09:22 PM

Thanx for starting us off and congradulations, Linda. Are they twins?

We are exhausted. The garden tour was today. I awoke with stomach problems and poor DH had to turn around twice when we were on the road for me to go home to use the facilities. As soon as it was over, we headed home instead of going to the party for volunteers afterwards.I sure hope it rains tomorrow. Otherwise we will have to work in our garden.

LoveMontana 06-22-2013 09:37 PM

Bummer on the stomach problems. Hopefully you feel better now.

No not twins. They are the oldest daughters of my two oldest sons and are about 6 months apart in age.

mykneesareback 06-22-2013 10:49 PM

Gee Linda, I hope their ceremonies are at different times! Wouldn't yah know! Hopefully the weather will be good so everyone can enjoy watching it all.

Thanks for starting us out.

Begete, that is awful, to have those kinds of elimination problems, been there, yuck! Hope you feel better tomorrow.

Norfolk Mermaid 06-23-2013 06:20 AM

So sorry Begete...Imodium is my BFF since Jan.13, 2011.

90 % humidity 0 rain... no fun at all but the garden becons- got a headache and seems humidity causes that. Will try my puffer for sure this time. Forgot my pills last night so that doesn't help either.
NEED COFFEE too.
bbl

SuSUN 06-23-2013 06:51 AM

Good Morning All,

Thank You Linda for our kick off and the funny...but what are WE? :confused: Female Geezers? :D
Enjoy the Grad ceremonies.

Too bad you missed the volunteers party afterwards Babette. Maybe it saved you and kept you to your diet. Hope your tummy upset settles for you today.:hugs:

Doris, You are amazing! Still standing amidst your move? :up: :hugs:

Lainey, Hope your headache clears for you. Try to get more water into you today, the heat can dehydrate us Geezers quickly.;)

Hope to check back later...Hope everyone has a Fun day.:jumpjoy::cool:

Mssarge 06-23-2013 09:26 AM

Good morning all...another geezer heard from. Aaaaaaahhhhhh! June gloom back again for a few days which makes it much cooler in the ayem; doesn't do much much for the afternoon, except a couple of degrees...we're expecting triple digit temps by the end of this week....sigh!

Did you see the beautiful moon last night? Big and bright...although with my one eye still with the cataract, it was golden; with the other one, it was a brillant white. This makes for an interesting decision for my brain...and since the left (cataract) eye being dominant, it was a golden moon. Strangely, at mid distances, like watching my small TV in the kitchen, the right eye (non-cataract) takes control and colors are brighter and not yellowed...

I know TMI, but thought it interesting to discuss this morn as I'm still not planning anything for today...stay at home on the weekends to give the rest of the world space to do what they need to do...there's enough traffic out there during the weekdays.

Have a great day folks, stay cool and dry.

Shalbrihil 06-23-2013 11:07 AM

I'm sitting here enjoying the rosemary smell coming through my back slider door. Don is trimming the bush again. It's such a healthy thing. I never tire of that smell.

Later we will be going to visit the In-laws. We'll hear all about there lovely trip north with there Casita to Cave and Lily lake. Don's brother caught a very large trout and wants to show us. LOL.

That's a cute Geezer you found there Linda. Thanks for starting us up today. :)

Need to walk away from the computer now and get myself ready for the day. Julie I was wondering about Ginny and what was happening with her. Sounds like she is as busy as Doris now that they want to re-locate too. Glad to see they plan to make Florida there home now.

Have a lovely time today.

Norfolk Mermaid 06-23-2013 11:26 AM

Hot, hot, hot! but overcast so it's the humidity I guess.

WHAT is this "WE" Geezers stuff!? White Eyes!! I are not a Geezer! I do not need yet another laceration on my already shredded soul. Well, I suppose there are worse things to be... OK, I am a Geezer but a Newish one! LOL
Mary, my moon had a huge corona around it which high school science said ment rain. No rain. Supposed to be storms by 1: pm but No Storms. Why do I bother looking up the weather- at least 3 sites I go to and TV as well.
One of the items in my S.H.A.R.E box was a big bottle of pink rapefruit juice so I am swilling that with lots of ice in a container settin in another container with ice in the bottom. Will switch to ice water when that is all gone.
I think my taste budds are on the turned off because tarraon, pars. and tyme from my garden hardly tasted at all in my egg sal. sand. lunch. Same thing in my shrimp fra diavelous last night. I'll double the amounts from now on and see if that is the problem. Other years though just a slight amount was plenty.
Mom's huge oak leaf hydrangia is etting a years over due prune and I am trying to dry some of them for the winter in the house.
Welp, back out there to start on another leaf bag of weeds and pruned stuff.
bbl

Norfolk Mermaid 06-23-2013 11:34 AM

Sharon, I thouht I bouht rosemary

but got home and it was lavender! Will try again come July 3rd. Good idea to plant it near a door way- I'll do that. Mom planted Gardenias by my bedroom window growin up as I have always loved them so much. On one of my visits I ask her where they were and she said "well, you don't sleep there any more". I had not realized till then that she did that for me.
bbl

Shalbrihil 06-23-2013 03:15 PM

Lainey I have a lavender plant next to the rosemary. They seem to be great friends. :) The bees have been all over it's flowers. Busy little critters.

Doug_H 06-23-2013 05:06 PM

Sharon, we have a large rosemary right by the front entrance that is overdue for trimming. Even have a couple small cotton tails that like to hide under it.:)

Doug

modon69478 06-23-2013 05:57 PM

Hi Everyone,

Had a very nice weekend at the gulf coast - visited some friends I met in Italy; they live in Rockport. Ate lots of sea food and had lots of laughs!

See you tomorrow,
Michele

LoveMontana 06-23-2013 06:43 PM

Hi again gang.

LOL Lainey, we are all geezers, but we just won't tell anyone.;)
Hope your allergies don't kick up today.

LOL Susan, yes we are female geezers.;)

Doug, those little cotton tails love to hide under things.

Doris, fortunately or not :rolleyes: , the city school district consolidated and now have only one , huge high school. Carlie is no longer in private school so she and Marcaesa graduated together.
Hope you are holding up with the stress of this move.:console:

Hi to Sharon, Michelle, Julie, Mary and all who follow.

Norfolk Mermaid 06-23-2013 09:04 PM

Just coming in to say nighty night.
The heat got me bad today but I managed to get lots done.
Had Babetes problem this afternoon and nausea tonight so bad I had to take Rx. nausea pills. The Imodium this after noon did not work as well or quickly as it usually does- no fun at all but I do not get those spells nearly as much as the constantly I had for a few years but I still get them. I did have egg salad for lunch but I know every thing in it was very fresh.
Lady SuSun was panting on my lap watching TV tonight so I carried her outside to cool off and stayed with her outside for quite a while. Aaunt Jane tried to join us watching TV so that over heated us all I guess. Sure do love my girls.
Sleep well everyone.
bbt