LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2013, 09:55 PM   #1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Friday, June 21

Have a busy day. Shopping in morning and then docent training in afternoon for garden tour that happens Saturday. Saturday is The Whidbey Island Garden Tour with a party afterwards for all the volunteers.

Busy weekend.

Have a good one.
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2013, 10:07 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Checking in tonight as the morning is going to be busy as a one-armed paper hanger...cardiologist for a test at 8 ayem...don't know what kind of test, something to do with nerves the doc ordered a long time ago and his team dropped the ball in scheduling. Then the orthopedist at 10...hope there is time for a cuppa somewhere in the morn...and a shower...and a bite o' something.

And, yes, the puppy is so beautiful...I love poodles after they're clipped...I've got him chipped and clipped now, just need to get him snipped...

Have a great day folks...type ya later.

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection

Last edited by Mssarge; 06-20-2013 at 10:08 PM..
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 10:45 PM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
Good morning and thanks Beete.

Mary, what color is the little puppy fella? Is he a small guy? The time has long since past for me to afford a doggie but have always thought that one day I would own one of those little ones.
I am wide awake from a headache but just took some asprin. I noticed when I undressed that I have a bit of sunburn on my upper chest and back of neck. I think when I was weed whacking the suns glare maybe hurt my eyes a bit... I have to use a face shield as whacking was causing my face to get pinged so I immediately after one use rushed out and got the full face shield so the sun is full in my face eventhough I try to keep the sun behind me as much as I can. Also gave me a free harness and that thing is super to use.
Starting to yawn so I'll go try to sleep or the asprin has not kicked in yet so I'll do ONE of my puzzles.
Hope all are sleeping away peacefully... I hope to be also soon.
bbt
L.

Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 07:38 AM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec.1997
Good morning everyone,

Thanks for the start off, Babette. Enjoy your busy weekend and the party.

Mary, can you share a picture of your little guy, please? We would all love to see him.
Best of luck with the cardiac tests.

Lainey, Do you use a good sunscreen? You are so fair, that it might be a good idea.

Nothing much going on in my world, just bed changing, laundry and a trip to the grocery store.
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 08:13 AM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Linda,

Actually I got a goodly dose of the little bit of Cherokee blood in my mother's family- I look tanned even in the winter the rest is green eyes and blonde hair from my German biological father. In N.Y. people would say "you been to the islands?" and I would say nope- this is as liht as I get. I get a tan walking the several steps from my front door to the Jeep. One thing that discouraes me from sun screen (I know I am a naughty girl) is I sweat so much that it gets in my eyes and burns. Even not putting it on my forhead I still get it in my eyes from my fingers plus it stains the heck out of my clothes. I am big on moisturizers though and smear it on most nihts after toners.
It is overcast and sooo sticky with humidity so I'll change to a much lighter weight thin straps top. About the only thing that slows me down in the humidity... I just hate it.
What all are y'all doing today. GoodO on your party Beete, I have not been to a party since forever.
bbl
Old 06-21-2013, 08:25 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: modon69478
Stats: 143/133.6/118
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
Am planning a trip to the coast - we'll see what happens!

Take care everyone,

Michele
modon69478 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 08:38 AM   #7

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/143.6/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Good Sunny Morning All,

Thank You Babette for our opening today. Sounds like you have a packed weekend ahead.

Yes, Mary do post a pic of your handsome little man.

Lainey, great combo of genes you have there.

Michele, Safe Travels and come back safely.

Linda, Do ya wanna come here and do my linens today? Ha!

This time next week I will have had my u/s on my kidneys. So I will be reporting...that it is Not Twins. Ha!

Waving to All and hope to be back later...
SuSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 11:42 AM   #8

Gallery: Loretta V
Stats: 140/119/120
WOE: Low Carb & Modified JUDDD Jan. 2012
Start Date: July 2001/ Low Carb Friends 9/2001
Susun I love Ella in your new avitar. She sure is growing up.
Hope you get a good report on your kidneys.

We are having some nice hot summer weather today. I prefer it to winter.
Just checking in.

Have a great week end folks.
Loretta V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 12:29 PM   #9

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
Thanks to Begete for the start up, I was in bed, and suddenly remembered I forgot to come here, losing my mind. Enjoy your weekend, too, Begete.

Michele, which coast are you venturing to?? Wishing you safe travels and good prices for everything.

Lainey, you are sure going to town with all the weed eating and stuff, ain't it grand? Busy lady, at least. Are your fans working well, so you can sleep? I hate sunscreen, too, burns like heck.

Mary, I too hope your cardiac test goes well, and do show us the doggie, if you can.

Susan, Hoping the ultra sound test goes well, and smoothly. Does Ella have relatives in England that ride horses, also?

Loretta, a hot summer day in Kentucky, finally!! Have a good weekend!

The water well testing guy is here, something broke, so he went to find a "part" to fix it, but the well works better than it should. Supposedly, the locksmith is coming today, hasn't called yet, and neither has the plumber, par for the course around these parts, though.

Emptying drawers in the bathroom, tossing, distributing, etc. Bagging stuff for the thrift shop. Taking the newer flannel sheet sets anyway, even though some say we won't need them. Cotton sets we have are only for double bed or twin bed, still have Sesame Street and Bert and Ernie sheet sets from the boys.....

Have a good day!

You realize, don't you, it's not "just about the food".!
mykneesareback is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 04:24 PM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Hey y'all...finally got the paper hung so her I am again...having trouble downloading pics from my camera. I've downloaded the driver from Samsung but this ferschlugener laptop still won't accept the photos....sigh! I'm dragging out my little camera and will be taking some pics of my pack...I'd really love to show them off, particularly now that buddy is a pretty boy.

The cardiologist test was a nerve conduction one...attached electrodes to three places on the hands and feet (multiple runs) then run a current, like the taser the law uses, only much less voltage to check how the nerves conduct it...at one time I mentioned something about not doing too badly for a 72 year old. When he was through with the test, he said "you may be 72, but you have the nerves of a 27 year old." so, something must have been okay....go back to see the doc on the first of July, so won't know anything til then.

Then over to the orthopedist...just a follow-up from completing the therapy...and a renewal of the script...so just in and out.

Had coffee before I left the house and plenty of time for breakfast at the fav fast-food shop...don't know why I call it that, it is just a neighborhood cafe that serves really good food and is the only place in town to get an authentic gyro...although it's been years since I've had one there....I really like their breakfasts.

Stopped and got the script filled...it's been a week without the Celebrex and I can sure feel it...funny, when I started taking it, I couldn't really tell a difference. But be without it for a week and I can tell. Doc also said he was ordering some kind of a device that will strengthen the quad's without having to do the bike-thing...will still do the bike-thing tho' at the gym. Will let you know what it is when it arrives.

So, I guess I'm back home for the day after bring N over to check out the dogs...we treated Snoopy's cuts and abrasions and they are looking good after one week...poor thing, feel so sorry for animals that are damaged...hope you all had a great day and good things are coming your way.
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 07:23 PM   #11

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/143.6/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Thank You Loretta, re Ella growing up. I am sure Leah is getting there too. They are close in age. I think Leah was a couple of months older than Ella. Remember them both being born. Time flies huh?
Yes, I am hoping for something simple re the kidneys and not kidney damage.
You can say that again Nice summer weather much more preferable to Winter.

Doris, Yes Ella has several family members that ride in England and one has gone to live in NZ. She is an Equestrian Vet over there. She enjoys seeing the pics of Ella and hearing about her placement results in the competitions.
Thanks again for the well wishes re the kidney scan. I appreciate your support.
Sounds like you are well organized sorting and packing those drawers. Funny about those sheets of the boys. Will you give your son them for his little boy?

Mary, Yes do take some pics of your little pack of tailwaggers.
Glad to hear you got treated those abrasions on snoopy.

Waving a Good Night to All and hope TBBT...
Old 06-21-2013, 07:36 PM   #12

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
Susan, we will bring a twin bed to this house, and use those sheets on there for our grandson, they are still in good shape, have several of them, different pictures

Let's have a good night, sleep tight, and all of that
mykneesareback is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 08:42 PM   #13
Blabbermouth!!!

Everyone sound so good with their med. reports.

I had to stop taking my bladder pills because of elec. shock like feeling when "going" and am fine now but without stronger urges I am not having enough time to make it to the potty in time. Always something I guess- have know women that the "tuck" did not work at all but I am about ready to try that.
Steady light rain all afternoon but I did manage some weeds and pruneing in the horrid humidity before the rain chased me in and did some good afternoon sleeping listening to the rain drops. Think I was tired out for hard gardening the past several days and all the running around. Laundry tomorrow and lots more gardening after picking up my "S.H.A.R.E" groceries in the mornin at church. Wanted to make shrimp fra deviavlous for supper but will tomorrow night. Rotell tomatoes and Paul Newman's Socoroonie Sauce with fresh garlic and evoo makes it sooo yummy. Ms. Lady SuSun lets me have some of her steamed extra jumbo shrimp.
Sleep tight all.
bbt