LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2013, 09:13 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
TUESDAY's ROLL Call, June 18

We are off to the "big valley", to lovely Roseville, 3 hrs. away, for dh's fasting bloodtests................

Wishing you all WELL, hopefully you can have some smiles today.
mykneesareback is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2013, 01:44 AM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: birdlady
Start Date: june03
Good Morning gang,
Slept till 2 am then have been wide awake.Fun Fun Went to sleep to early last night.Oh well,will get smiling later.lol
Well Doris,you will get a little time off from packing/throwing.
Julie,you have been quiet lately,feeling ok,rested from the company.Like you I sometimes find nothing to say.
BBL
birdlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 04:48 AM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: modon69478
Stats: 143/133.2/118
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
Raining here... there will be no rushing in rush hour this morning - just the opposite!

Wish me luck,
Michele
modon69478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 05:48 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
Good Morning and thanks Doris.

Good luck with Dh's blood test. Just think soon that long drive will be omitted.
Gladys, I learned to talk a lot in New York. Was always very silent due to very soft voice growing up then ciggies make it even lower but in N.Y. you have to speak up and be on your toes all the time. Still got interrupted all the time but that was lots better than havin to repeat myself multiple times constantly. Now I am never without something to say and you do not get interupted or have to repeat yourself writing so "Chatty Kathy" I are.
Big storms this afternoon but as usual my little neighbor hood misses a lot to that but there is always the chance so I prepare. Put a towel on the windshield for the hail and the grand piano is covered in case the ceiling leaks- doesn't seem to do that any more but always the chance.
Picked us some rashes gardening under the plum tree- pulling ivy out and some pruneing. Doesn't look like posion ivy though. Found one little patch at the back corner of the garage and posioned it- think I'll cover it with a rock or brick till I can remove it with rubber gloves to throw away- HATE that stuff.
bbl

Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:02 AM   #5

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec.1997
Good morning everyone.

Doris, good luck with the blood tests and have a safe trip.

Michelle, rain coming in this afternoon here too, so good luck with your rush hour.

Gladys, like you and Julie, sometimes it's difficult to find something to say.

Hi Lainey, hopefully you won't get any hail. That can do a lot of damage.

To those who asked yesterday about the trip from hell...it rained almost all week and "someone" who was driving the MH following me has a bad sense of direction. We really, really need a tow dolly to pull the car so I can navigate or drive.
Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr

As Jack Nicholson said in the Bucket List "Somewhere right now, some lucky B*st*rd is having a heart attack"
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:03 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Good morning all. Sunny and warm here, looks like we're settlin' into the upper 80's for the week...I see another low pressure was sitting over Seattle this morning so all y'all will have another push comin' your way...Summer's just a nod away.

Doris, I feel for you and your DH with that three hour drive for fasting labs...I always feel sorry for myself 'cause I have a half-hour drive over to the hospital for my tests. I hope you found something good to do in "the big city." Pack-out day is drawing near...

I've nothing planned for the day, so we'll see what trouble I can get into. Hope good things come your way.

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:20 AM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
LOL, Linda. Our Honda CRV can be towed with all 4 wheels on the ground, BUT do not rush out to buy a towable car in lieu of a dolly because the devices that must be installed IN your towable car to make it towable are just as expensive as a dolly.

Thanx for the start, Doris. I echo Lainey....that's one thing that will change for you once you move!

No special plans for the day. I am back up a pound and a half from the weekend. What is scary is that I really did not overeat. Had a couple of glasses of wine, and food that was not low carb, but not many calories. Grrr
Old 06-18-2013, 09:56 AM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
Begete, that pounds battle is maddening.

When the "Drinking Man's Diet" hit N.Y. it was like a crazyness I didn't believe could happen- guess who was first in line! Course me ex- the Internest that I considered the best diagnostician I had ever seen was well informed about the diet long before the book hit the shelves- he told me... nobody will last on that way of eating. Way too much margin for error! You have all that fat and calories in your system just waiting for that one stick of GUM and whammo you are back to square one. Now is even worse because of hidden carbs that because food was pretty pure back then makes it even harder now. I lost on it because those were the foods I loved the most anyway and of course the cocktails were a huge bonus. I learned to eat first never daring to drink first. My only thing I did not like was that proteins all seem to taste alike after a while... a boiled egg was pretty much the same as rolled up turkey.
Anyway, I say keep at it but half the wine portion or not at all and use a magnifying glass to read labels- TRUST NOTHING GOING IN YOUR MOUTH.
Waitin for storms and not doin nuthin. Got my Oncologist tomorrow mornin.
bbl
Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:18 AM   #9

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/143.6/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Sounds like every one is up and at 'em with lots going on.

Thank YOU Doris for our start again. Hope the fasting drive goes smoothly.

Yikes, Lainey stay away from those weeds. Glad you covered the poison ivy. Hope the storm by passes you.

DD and I took a drive to a large doggy park this morning and we walked there for just over an hour. Chatting as we walked except of course when her cell phone goes. ha! The weather was just perfect sunny but low 70's.

I am drinking more water as I have an abdominal u/s booked for next Friday to check on my kidneys and the elevated creatinine levels. I don't know how I could have damaged my kidneys, non drinker and non smoker. I guess could have been toxic medication over the years.

Waving to All and hope to check back later...
Old 06-18-2013, 04:53 PM   #10

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
Susan, the doctor should be able to help you out, there are meds out there now to ease the strain on the kidneys........sometimes these organs just wear out...........once they test them, they should come up with a plan for you. dh's blood tests always check for creatine levels, because the anti rejection drug tends to hurt the kidneys also. At least your doctor is keeping an eye on you!!!

Oh Lainey, good thing you cover up so you don't get any allergic reactions. Good luck at the doctor's office tomorrow!

Begete, how is Your garden doing, lately? Do you have automatic watering of your raised beds, or do you still need to go out with watering cans in certain areas? My dh likes to go hand water, when he is up to it, keep an eye on the plants that way.

There were so many lovely flowers blooming down in the valley, Oleanders of all colors, Crepe Myrtle trees, daylilies, and of course the miles and miles of peaches, almonds, walnuts, apricots, kiwi, and so on, it is a nice drive if a person isn't in a hurry.

Mary, what did you do to get into trouble today?

Hi Gladys, how is your husband feeling nowadays?

Michele, did you get enough rain to do some good?

Termite inspector is coming tomorrow, the people who are buying the house pay for that, and have to have it in order to get the loan. A locksmith has ordered new locks for front and back door........we lived here over 30 yrs., can't find any keys, so need to have the locks replaced, so we can have actual keys to give to the new owners

Have a good evening, if possible and practical.

You realize, don't you, it's not "just about the food".!
mykneesareback is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 04:59 PM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: modon69478
Stats: 143/133.2/118
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
Doris, I think we only got about 2" - nice, but not enough to make a much of a difference I'm afraid.

Hope everyone's day was a good one,
Michele
modon69478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 05:50 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ocali
Hi all........Just got back from a Mary Kay "party". Since I only occasionally wear a very little make-up, I thought I'd be bored, but I actually had a good time. Plus, I am all made up really nicely. I only ordered a tube of 'concealer'. I need that badly. The others were ordering all kinds of makeup. There are so many products that I was very confused. Oh well, the cookies and sweet tea were good.
ocali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:29 PM   #13

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
Start Date: Dec.1997
Babette, we have looked extensively into usthe tow dolly rather than the tow bar. Tow bar is much more expensive and not what we need to tow either the manual transmission Subaru Forester or Toyota Corolla.

Julie, how nice that you enjoyed that Mary Kay party and got some nice foundation. Should make one of the parties myself.

Hi Lainey, Doris, Susan, Michelle , Mary and all I may have missed.
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote