Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   The Golden Years (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/)
-   -   SUNDAY's Roll Call, June 16 (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/806171-sundays-roll-call-june-16-a.html)

mykneesareback 06-15-2013 09:03 PM

SUNDAY's Roll Call, June 16

1 Attachment(s)
Please, what's up with all of you today? :)

LoveMontana 06-15-2013 09:23 PM

Heading home in the AM, from a weeks vacation from hell.:stars:

Begete 06-15-2013 09:43 PM

Thanx for the start, Doris.

Linda, what happened?

I am off to my volunteer job in the garden tomorrow morning. Then out to lunch with DH and friends for Fathers Day.

Have a good one.

ocali 06-16-2013 05:49 AM

I plan to do a little grocery shopping and have a pedicute today. Then watch a Netflix movie later on. So, I'd better get a move on!

SouthernBelle 06-16-2013 06:20 AM

Got a late start this morning so everything is thrown off...going to work out in a bit, then start dinner and take dog on a proper walk. Later this evening, I'm going to a jazz club.

Norfolk Mermaid 06-16-2013 06:22 AM

Thanks Doris.

Making Adobo Chicken this morning for later.
Pruneing day and weeds also plus general garden clean up- may wash Jeep... it is a horrible dirty mess.
Rain the next few days and the dreaded housework is planned.
My story and I am sticking to it!
bbl
Yeah, hmm "hell vacay" isn't that a oximoron? Wha happened.
e.

mykneesareback 06-16-2013 09:14 AM

Well Linda, at least it wasn't just the weather :hugs:

Lainey, do you roast the whole chicken with the Adobo sauce on top, or pieces? I dislike housework, also, and the movers will be sure to notice, but I don't care, either, lol.

Julie, enjoy your day!

Begete, how many people come to the gardens where you volunteer, the weekends must get crowded this time of year, with so much blooming and looking nice! Have a delicious lunch!

Hi, Southern Belle, I don't know you at all, sorry! Not focusing lately...

Son and daughter in law are arriving at any moment, trying to get his old Train magazines out of the closet, so he can take them with him. They hope to take the bed in this room, too. And those pesky wine glasses that no one uses, lol.

Have a pleasing day, if possible.

Happy Father's Day to Doug!!

Mary, glad your doggy is feeling better today.

Mssarge 06-16-2013 09:33 AM

Good morning all...still June gloom here but the sun's peeking through now so the temps will start to go up...looking for only mid- to high-80's today which is comfortable...soon it will be over 100. NASCAR and dog sitting on tap here.

Loretta, I love your start for the menu's today...was just saying to myself the other day that everything in the store is sleeveless and ain't no way I'm going there. Which was a good thing, 'cause I don't need more clothes in the closet...the smallest I'll go is a cap sleeve.

Have a good day, folks, and enjoy Father's Day if you're celebrating it...

Norfolk Mermaid 06-16-2013 10:57 AM

Just taking a break...

clean up is going pretty well in the yards. stuffed leaf bag for the pile. tomatoes were a bust bush wise but got good toms on them- mayo on white bread with luttuce and thick slices of toms are hitting the spot.
The Adobo Chicken came out tasty but still not as good as Phillipeno neighbor- his is just riht. I could not find a bay leaf so maybe that made a difference. I pride myself on have all herbs and spices so will pick some up next trip to the store. The real way in their country is to use chicken thighs which I did and they said a glass pot which I have a giant one with a good tight lid (bouht it years ao for beans... love that pot but no nerve to bake using it in the oven) . I want to tweek it with champayne vinegar and a container of apple sauce and see how I like that. I used oranic soy and it was a little stronger so will use less next time. Also I usually use boneless skinless and today had with and really do like the other way much more but boy I can make soup with the drippings for many weeks. Sunday is about the only time I feel like cooking for just myself. Whew, that Soy sure makes a person thirsty- plus the heat with workin outside. I am guzzling ice water as anything else just makes me more thirsty.
Welp, back out there with some fresh ice and water and do some pruning to fill another leaf bag. Still hopin to wash the Cherokee but after 5 when it should cool a bit- storms maybe toniht so I like that just in case I did not rinse enough. I borrow a neighbor's step stool and use a mop for the top.
YES! Happy Fathers day Doug and all the DH's around here as well.

bbl

SuSUN 06-16-2013 04:18 PM

Thanks Doris for pushing us out the door this morning with Elvis.:heart:

I worked today and I was wishing all the New Dads a Happy Fathers Day.:D

Happy Fathers Day to our Doug Hope you had some Fun today.:)

I am a tad tired so hope to catch up with the days happenings with everyone tomorrow.

modon69478 06-16-2013 06:01 PM

A new 'Inspector Lewis' is about to start ---

Doug_H 06-16-2013 07:09 PM

Thanks for the best wishes ladies.

Jo kept me busy on an overdue project this morning. Cleaning out the garage and hauling stuff off to recycle and goodwill.:lol:

I was not happy but I still love her;)

Doug