LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2013, 08:35 AM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
SATURDAY'S ROLL CALL, JUne 15

Good Morning and Good Day, hopefully.............
mykneesareback is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2013, 08:55 AM   #2

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec.1997
Howdy Doris and those who follow.

It's really quiet around all of the forums. I wonder why.

Couldn't get in here yesterday, but hopefully now that the storms have passed, the internet here will work.
For two days we have seen the "Our Geeks are Better" trucks working in here, so it might not have been just the storm.,

BBL If I can.
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 09:57 AM   #3

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
I've noticed the quietness, too, Linda. Vacations, graduations, company coming or going, Father's Day, etc. Maybe people are tiring of forums, they say even twitter has less chit chatters in the past year.

The people who bought the house are coming later with a truck full of wood/rounds to place in the back, already cut by them, for the winter. They know the forest will be closed soon, due to fire danger, so they want to get that stuff here, and they can work on them here.

The locksmith guy came, with his helper, yesterday afternoon, has to order the stuff, and will call next Wednesday. The plumber guys did their job, and yakked, dh had a good time with them, has known them for awhile.

I'm taking stuff out of this room, so the kids, hopefully, will take the bed that is in here, and make some room for our packed boxes.

Wishing you ALL well, my mind is a mess, don't know if it's the move or age or what the heck, and we are "snappish" with each other here at the house.

You realize, don't you, it's not "just about the food".!
mykneesareback is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 10:04 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/150/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Good morning all...June gloom and I'm glad, it keeps the temps low. One thing we know for sure here is that it will get hotter.

Recuperating here from the excitement yesterday...a bit of house cleaning and watching Snoopy...she slept most of the night and is walking stiffly and not moving her head much at all, she is drinking but I haven't tried any food yet. I can pick her up without too much discomfort to her if I keep both hands on her tummy but can't put any pressure on her back...Nadine will look her over when she gets her this morning for cleaning, but I'm thinkings she's going to be okay. I did give her some pain med last night and this...gave her the baby Motrin yesterday afternoon and a bit more later. She got through the fence yesterday and fell into a ditch the neighbor's digging for water sprinklers. We were able to get to her for some time...just a couple of small nicks but bad muscle strain. Other dogs are really babying her, too.

Hope this day is not as exciting for me and thee...have a good day folks...type ya later.

Added: Doris, posting at the same time...just wanted to say that moving is an extremely stressful time and it's normal for you to be "snappish" I learned to take a deep breath and let a lot of stuff just go by as I knew things would get better....hugs to you both. It's doubly difficult when you've been in one place for so long. This, too, shall pass.

Patience and Persistence not perfection

Last edited by Mssarge; 06-15-2013 at 10:08 AM..
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 11:36 AM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
Good Morning and thanks Doris.

Dory Do, "Just remember that patience is bitter but the fruit is sweet". As for meself- I would be "Over The Moon" and itching like crazy to twrill around in every inch of that marvy manse you and DH have got for yourselves. Really try with all your might to take as much "sentimental stuff" as is possible for you. It always amazed me what I truly missed on each of my moves- seemingly insignificant but broke my heart even at times today.
Already ot some hours gardenin in and the heat has come but nothin like the record breaker on thursday- I just rested yesterday but am lad for the heat as some of my veggies are startin to thrive after the really cool temps all sprin and even some of the last few weeks. I guess food needs food and the sun is for sure veggie food and they want it real warm otherwise the watering just cools them even more. My garden will really be a smash next year as I am "harrowing" the places for them now and will be able to just set every thing in just the riht place for it to grow. LIKE I SAID- I could have done all of that during our very warm winter. Anyhow, I'll get to try seed plantin for the first time with all the time I am saving now for then. Sure wish I could get some of this spunk for the house work which would be many time easier than the digging, shovelin, pushin, pulling, stooping, squatin, lifting, tool care, bagging, cutting, whackin, chemicalin treatin everybody, the ten other things I (oh, shopping) forot. Oh, and hose toatiin- watering can fillin and rememberin to TURN OFF the water each time I fill the cans- 7 or 8 of the big ones filled 2 to 3 times each as I WANT to SEE exactly how much wate they are gettin. It really is mornin to niht and my place is real small but I admit I am slow. Oh, stacking the bags all week and piling them on the curb on wed. for thurs. pick up- always 8 or 9 of them really stuffed. Don't know why but I love it all. The rewards I guess- love the eatin, flower arrangin and just watching them do their thing. Goal oriented I suppose.
Mary, poor Snoopy- love that the other pups are babyin her.
bbl

Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 12:28 PM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Good morning everyone,

Just got back from Farmers Market with strawberries, brocolli and fresh caught King salmon for tonight's grilling. We need to get back on VERy low carb intake today as we have been off course for 2 days and the scales reflect that.

Has anyone looked into those chairs on a track to go up and down stairs? I cannot have a knee replacement and the stairs are killing me.
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 12:50 PM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
Begete, Verleen had them installed in her new house. I am pretty sure you cannot take the shots- some of my friends swear by them and others get no results at all. Are your steps too wide for double railins? I have those on the front door steps and my arms help amazingly goin up and down- I lean over and place the grocery bags on the porch and pull myself up to the top. My garden kneeler works so very well I bought another one just for inside the house- love it! I have been known to sit on a step and use my arms by holding on to each side railing and lift my butt up to the next step & the next & so on... down is kinda fun. Hey! I do what I gotta to do! In 3 or 4 days my knees are perfect from the resting of them.
bbl
Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 03:00 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ocali
I guess I'm all rested up from the company. I got dressed to go to the mall but changed my mind so I'm sitting around with an outfit that's a bit dressy for just hanging around the house alone.
I haven't been writing much because I really have nothing of interest to write. Maybe everyone is the same.
ocali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 04:55 PM   #9
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Doug_H
Stats: 265/203/ Under 200
WOE: Low Carb/Keepin' it simple
Start Date: Oct 99
"Snappish". I like that word.

Jo and I can get snappish at times too.

Doug
Doug_H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 05:20 PM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: modon69478
Stats: 143/130.4/118
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
Hi everyone,

Busy day today - hairdresser, doctor's appt, and birthday party for an old friend. Tomorrow will return to the normal errands and chores.

Take care of yourselves,
Michele
modon69478 is online now   Reply With Quote