LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2013, 09:19 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
ROLL CALL, Thursday, June 13

And the Beat Goes On, friends..........................
mykneesareback is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-2013, 10:09 PM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
I am extremely tired. I planted 6 wine barrels today with the garden club. I think the club plants about 40 throughout out little town. At least it wasn't raining.

Today we weed, as it rained yesterday.

Have a good one.
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:28 AM   #3

Good job, Begete, I'm sure the community is glad to see the lovely planters! Over in the bigger town, volunteers plant hanging planters and take care of them, all down their main st., very nice!!

We expect the packers to come on the 27th and 28th, moving truck on July 1. I need to toss and rearrange everything before that, starting in this room.

Take care of yourselves, friends.

I'm doing the bike now, but not as long as normal.

What do you guys do, when all your stuff is packed, but you have to wait 3 days for movers, do you just make sandwiches? I'm saving 2 pans to cook something in, and then just tossing them away when we leave. Any ideas?

You realize, don't you, it's not "just about the food".!
Old 06-13-2013, 07:38 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
check in. bbl
Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:50 AM   #5

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec.1997
Good morning everyone.

LOL Doris, we stayed in motels and ate out. Much easier than trying to stay in the house.

Pouring rain from the huge front that passed through, but no high winds yet.

BBL
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:19 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: modon69478
Stats: 143/133.6/118
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
Doris, I like your pan idea - sandwiches, salads, fruit, and canned soup are all good things. Microwave meals too - if you can eat those - Just buy small amounts of things so it won't go to waste and/or use up all you've got left in the house. You're doing a great job handling all this!

Michele
modon69478 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:24 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Good morning all...enjoying our coolth (relative that is, we're in the mid-80's 'cause of two lows moving in.) That itty-bitty last one that moved thru has been raising havoc in the midwest, so I hope everyone is safe.

Doris, I always just left it up to the packers an lived fairly normally, except for climbing over my hold-baggage and take with me stuff which I had stored in the bedroom. As I've explained before, we always had three shipments..household goods which was most of the big stuff and would take forever to get wherever we were going, hold-baggage which would arrive within a short time which consisted of of some towels, linens, a couple of pots, usually the microwave, and things we'd need before the household goods arrive, and the third was stuff that would travel with us...in the car if we were moving across country or suitcase if I were flying overseas. That said, I have no advice on how to cope before the packers arrive. I'm hoping this move goes so easy for you, you want even feel it...hugs.

Again, don't know what I'll do today so that means I'll get into some trouble...have a good day folks and stay dry, unless you're going into the pool.

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:43 AM   #8

Ok, thanks. I needed reminding of what to keep on hand and take in the car, poor car will be way full though......need ice chests for dh's insulin, suitcase full of just his meds. We are tossing our old coffee maker into the dumpster, but do have a new one in a box to put into the car. Towels, cleaning stuff to clean the house with, that will be left or tossed. Good thing we are leaving the refrigerator and freezer here, only taking the one other, newer refrigerator along. Son was coming this Sunday, but his wife's grandfather took a bad fall, broke his hip clean through, and is having surgery right now, they don't know if he will survive it, he is 89 yrs. old.

I am throwing out shoes now, lol, but keeping one pair of snow boots, just in case............

Back to tossing, sifting and sorting. Linda, we don't have motels here, that aren't flea bags, if you know what I mean, and eating out is miserable, just awful.........we don't want to impose on friends, either. So I'm trying to have supplies in the fridge, especially for dh. Trying to keep him on an even keel.

Thanks very much for the commiseration, friends!!!!
Old 06-13-2013, 10:51 AM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh, Doris- I know it is so hard to pull up and move.

Just keep that mini manse like a carrot before your two noses. Will your winters be snow free from now on? I do miss the snow from N.Y. and looking for a sweater after 3: pm is a longing memory for me now with the highest heat at 3: pm here. Am I the only one that gets that white gunk in the corners of my mouth from the wet wool blanket of heat covering me from head to toes?
I got the first few horrid insect bites on my neck so it is time to add insect repellent to the sweat and dirt party all over me.
A bottle of starbucks cold coffee is sure hittin the spot right now.
I refuse to turn on the TV to check that storm heading for us... last report said by 7: pm toniht. I feel like crawlin under the bushes outside like the cats.
Had a peach jam and PB sandwich for lunch and had to choke that down due to the heat killing all desire to eat anything but the diabetes will kick me all over if I do not eat.
I need to take the advice off a mayonaise jar "keep cool but don't freeze".
bbl

Old 06-13-2013, 11:11 AM   #10
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Doug_H
Stats: 265/203/ Under 200
WOE: Low Carb/Keepin' it simple
Start Date: Oct 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by mykneesareback View Post
Ok, thanks. I needed reminding of what to keep on hand and take in the car, poor car will be way full though......need ice chests for dh's insulin, suitcase full of just his meds. We are tossing our old coffee maker into the dumpster, but do have a new one in a box to put into the car. Towels, cleaning stuff to clean the house with, that will be left or tossed. Good thing we are leaving the refrigerator and freezer here, only taking the one other, newer refrigerator along. Son was coming this Sunday, but his wife's grandfather took a bad fall, broke his hip clean through, and is having surgery right now, they don't know if he will survive it, he is 89 yrs. old.

I am throwing out shoes now, lol, but keeping one pair of snow boots, just in case............

Back to tossing, sifting and sorting. Linda, we don't have motels here, that aren't flea bags, if you know what I mean, and eating out is miserable, just awful.........we don't want to impose on friends, either. So I'm trying to have supplies in the fridge, especially for dh. Trying to keep him on an even keel.

Thanks very much for the commiseration, friends!!!!
Sounds like you have everything under control.
At least as much as possible.

If you already haven't, make a check off list right down to D-day

Doug
Doug_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 12:00 PM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ocali
Ditto to what Doug wrote. Keep a to-do list for each day. I wish I could help you, Doris.
ocali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 12:10 PM   #12

lol, I wish you could, too, Julie.

We are having the darndest time trying to find a locksmith to change the locks on two doors, we don't have any keys, and want to remedy that by just having 2 simple locks put on.........one would think that an easy task!!! But NO, I have left messages since yesterday at 3 places, all over 20 miles away, received not one answer yet. One place in Susanville, 50 minutes away, said they would come but charge $160 just to come here!!! Can't find anyone to haul stuff away for us, we are paying, not asking for free, yet people here cry all the time that there is no way to make money...........even the druggies cry about this. Frustrating, but not life threatening, sorry to _itch and moan about this to you all, thanks for listening.
Old 06-13-2013, 03:20 PM   #13
Blabbermouth!!!

We are all here to see you thru this Doris.

Sure wish I could help in some way also.
Big winds blowing just now and the sky look ominious for sure. Rain is still holding off and they said large hail is possible. Got the tv on but all that fast yellin is making me want to turn it off... Elec. company already reporting outages and trees are toppling- a little boy was killed by a tree and his adult (?) is in the hospital. Looks like the "crying wolf" effect is taking place. My migraine has kicked in big time which I expected as the barometer has plummeted- fast rising or falling is like a mule kick in the face. I will take a pain pill before it is too late and try real hard to eat something. Ms. SuSun is besides her little self. Going to hold her on my lap soon as the pill is down. Aaunt Janie would not come in- she like the cat door into the garage in storms. When the rain starts some time she will answer my calls and run inside.
bbl

Last edited by Norfolk Mermaid; 06-13-2013 at 03:22 PM..
Old 06-13-2013, 06:28 PM   #14

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/145.6/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Thank YOU Doris for our start off today. I love your moving truck in your Avi.
Sounds like you will be doing your move your way, with lots of advice to have up your sleeve just in case. Things are moving forward and that's the main thing. Hang in there with your daily to do list.
I think I would keep a pair of snow boots too if I ever moved to Florida. Ha! Just habit and just in case huh?
We all wish we could help solve your dilemma of the locksmith and the discarded items.

DS saw Celine Dion last night at Caesar's Palace with Donny and Marie Osmond. He is flying as we speak to Miami now for another 4 days work there, then, LA, San Fran and ending in Palm Springs before coming home at the end of the month.

Waving to All and hope to bb tomorrow...