Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-2013, 06:59 AM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 174 1/2 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Summer foods- back to UP DAYS/DOWN DAYS Oct. 1, 13
Start Date: 8-3-2012 UD
Good Mornin and thanks Susan,

I will rise but shining is out of the question. Maybe after coffee.
No storm problems here I do not think but I heard snaches on cnn that Maryland got bit in the buttski. Will check the local news on here when I leave.
Perfect day for weeding- very wet ground makes it so much easier but sure messier.
bbl after coffee fix.
e.
Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:11 AM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/151.6/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Good Morning Lainey and All that follow...

Raining up here. I am off to the movies this aft with 3 other ladies. We are going to see, "Now You See Me." One of ladies made the choice. At least it will be 2 hours escape huh?

It was good to see Carolyn F's post and hear the news on Carol down in Florida.

Doris, hope all is going well for YOU and DH. Yes, I do count Costco as a small work out. Ha!

Lainey, the cats could be just too warm to eat, hope that's all it is.

Waving to All and hope to be back later...
Old 06-11-2013, 08:26 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/163.4/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Good morning,

Took Red and Blue for manicures yesterday. They are still scratching the furniture.

Having a coffee with a friend this morning, then home to weed.

Have a good one.
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:47 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/168.5/155
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Good morning all...temps climbing a bit here, so our low pressure is moving east, hope it doesn't bring serious weather...it was just a baby. Got my patio plants watered, got my coffee and doing my best to shine.

Have a great day and keep on keepin' on...
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:19 AM   #6

Gallery: Loretta V
Stats: 140/118/120
WOE: Low Carb & Modified JUDDD Jan. 2012
Start Date: July 2001/ Low Carb Friends 9/2001
WTG on the movie Susan. Tons of money are spent there on entertainment. It is a nice escape from reality also. Enjoy the movie and your friends.

Warming up here today to the 90 degree range. Flowers are doing nicely.
Loretta V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:39 AM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Takin a "fan in face break"

I have these giant things about 3 to 4 feet tall that Dad called "wild carrots". Pull one stalk and 3 grow together and shoot up. I try to get the roots up as well but mostly only half the root snaps and come up. I am hittin them hard today while the ground is so soft. The must like shade because they hardly any come up in the front- course I stoop while they are real little in the front.
I need to eat but the heat takes away all appitite like the cats I suppose. They eat pretty well in the cool mornings but will only eat some after dark when it cools again. Not eating after diabetes Janumet can make me real sicky but I swear I just can't get anything down. My fish oil gummies are sugar coated and there are just a tiny bit of calories and carbs in the coffee lightner which even those small amounts does make a difference.
The heat/humidity outside is gastly and I mean torturious. Wet hand towels help some or at least enough to power thru the pulling.
Begete, I have tons of Preen granules that are old that I am thinking of pouring where I pull up those wild carrots. What the heck- why just toss it? What do you think? Also old plant foods- for sure if anything got killed it would not be missed. Course I bought new stuff for all the new plants. Also I am upset that the blossoms on my squash are droppin off- don't they make the squash? I got a library of veggie and flower books but no time to sit with them. I have never been so busy in the garden. Stumps were found every time I tried to dig a hole to plant somethin and I mean big ones. Dad must have just cut everything just below ground and went on.... I do know there were 50 year old azelias there so that must be the stumps. They are quite franky a nightmare but I intend to remove every last one of them.
OK here comes the nausea so I gotta fry up some bacon and egg sub. for a sandwich.
bbl

Old 06-11-2013, 11:40 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: weezie
Stats: 160/135/125 (5' 3")
WOE: mostly low carb
Hi all-

Just catching up here.

Begete, on the subject of low carb bread, I bought a bread machine that has a low carb setting and multiple recipes in the book that came with it. It's the cuisine art (deliberately split the words there) convection bread maker. Can't remember what it cost, but I use it fairly often and it's easy because the machine does everything. There are other brands out there also.

On the cat subject, do they have a cat tree? And have you tried aluminum foil over the areas where they tend to scratch the furniture? It only needs to be there temporarily. Most cats don't like the feeling/noise under their claws.

Lainey, your gardening is giving you a workout! Glad to hear you are making so much progress, though I know it's tiring.

Doris, good luck with your packing and decluttering. I tried to be very organized when we last moved 2 years ago, but ran out of time.

Waving to Susan, Mary, Loretta, and everyone else.

My news is not so hot. The carbo/taxol chemo did not work for me. A CT scan last Friday revealed tumors on my liver and in my abdomen. Provided my heart is strong enough, they will start me on Doxil on Monday. That's a once a month treatment that is damaging to the heart over time, but is supposed to work for recurrent ovarian cancer. So we shall see. The heart test is called a MUGA test - try saying that fast 3 times!

Meantime, I'm trying to stay busy and positive, giving myself projects to do when I have the energy. Just ordered fabric to reupholster a club chair which sorely needs it. It will be tedious, but not too difficult. May also make slip covers for my sofa cushions. They are a bit grungy but the rest of the sofa looks okay. Will see if I can get a coordinating fabric that doesn't look too weird with the upholstery.

DH and I went down to NYC yesterday to meet friends for a drink and then on to a blues jam. It was good to get out and about.

That's about it for now. Have a lovely day, all. Will stop in when I can.

-Louise
weezie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 12:14 PM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh, Louise that is worrisome news.

My odds are 50/50 that my colon cancer will return. I read somewhere that colon cancer was the #1 to re occur but I have passed the crucial 2 years without a return and now next milestone is 5 yrs. January 13, 2011 was surg. date and I will start my 4 th year. Thats is riht, right?????? zero math skills. I have kept you and Bob in my prayers and will add this detail to the prayers. I so loved seeing your picture- is there one of Bob.?
I have filled 2 leaf bags... I am guessing 5 or so more to go- man. I really stuff them.
Back to it I go!
bbl

Last edited by Norfolk Mermaid; 06-11-2013 at 12:16 PM.. Reason: forgot stuff
Old 06-11-2013, 12:50 PM   #10
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: zlettuce
Crumbs... I am late again. Finished the 2nd appt. I wish this week was over. I noticed something..... no one talking about how they are doing on the diet...... I am struggling at this pt. I hope all is well with yours. Just stressed here....
zlettuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 12:53 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: weezie
Stats: 160/135/125 (5' 3")
WOE: mostly low carb
Lainey, that is terrific news!

Here are a couple of shots of Bob at the blues jam last night.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bob at Red Lion.jpg (24.7 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg Bobby at Red Lion again.jpg (23.6 KB, 11 views)
weezie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 01:25 PM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks Louise,

That is some light in that club. He looks like a real easy going man. I had friends in N.Y. that hung out in the JAZZ Clubs in the city- it would really be something if you knew them James and Marchella aka donna Erthine- very tall both of them and sooo sophistacated.
Now I have worked up an appitite and will make a grilled cheese for high tea- HA yeah right!
bbl
Old 06-11-2013, 03:44 PM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: birdlady
Start Date: june03
Got my ride in today for more than an hr.,the yard look good.I need to get some limbs cut on the bayou bank as I have to lay flat to get under them.lol
Think I need a shower now.lol
BBL
birdlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 04:37 PM   #14

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec.1997
Running in to say a quick hi to everyone. Storm yesterday knocked out the internet in this RV park.
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 06:41 PM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ocali
My two grand-daughters and their boy friends have left and my son leaves here tomorrow morning. Will tell more tomorrow.
ocali is offline   Reply With Quote