LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2013, 10:05 PM   #1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/163.4/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Sunday, June 9

I guess I will start us off tonight for the morning.

I will wait til then to see if I lost any weight this week.

Have a good one.

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http...LDKghaJs22&s=1

Please enjoy the above site. I use an iPad most of the time which is why my posts sometimes look so weird.

Last edited by Begete; 06-08-2013 at 10:07 PM..
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2013, 06:15 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ocali
That is so funny, Begete! Thanks for the laugh this morning. Waiting for son's arrival later today so better get my shower done and a small wash. Shall I post his to-do list outside the door before he even gets in? I think all my sons are glad they don't live close to me because I'd have them fixing 'stuff' all the time...lol.
Have a good day, everyone.
ocali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 07:00 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Msevon2
Good morning all. Hope you are feeling fit as a fiddle. I feel pretty good but have a sinus infecation, and a terrible cough. Tried some home made remedies with white lightening but they failed me. Everybody told me to watch out cause I am a tee totaler, but did not even knock me out. I could only sleep 2 or 3 hours at a time but that was a little relief. I got some more honey and lemon and will make my own this time. i must be bad off though, because it smelled to high heaven, but did not hardly have any taste. Just after burn. I hate being sick when it is hot. We had like a foot of rain. The river is to crest some time to day. Flood stage is 9 ft and it will crest just over 12. Have a good day. Say a prayer for me. evon
Msevon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 07:35 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 174 1/2 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Summer foods- back to UP DAYS/DOWN DAYS Oct. 1, 13
Start Date: 8-3-2012 UD
Good morning and thanks Beete.

Just a check in.
I'd still be asleep except for the neighbors #$%%^ hound dog. They put him in the yard first thing and then go back to bed. Why in $%^& don't the noise bother them? Oh, they drink! that must be it. Passed out is a lot different than normal mornin sleep.
Lovely- starting the day b%#%ing.
Hot but a ton to do outside so I'll get me buttkins out there.
Y'all all have as good a day as possible.
cya later.
e.
Oh, I saved the bacon greese from yesterdays BLT- just a tad so I'll enjoy a plate of string beans and taters seasoned RIHT for a change. lol

Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 07:42 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

I do that too Lainey but I only like fresh green beans and not had any this year so far. I grew some and got pretty plants, and got a handful of beans before the deer ate the plants. How can I discourage the deer?
Old 06-09-2013, 08:05 AM   #6
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
We found, the only way to discourage the deer is to not plant anything, lol. They will be around longer than us.

Thanks for the start off, Begete, I was watching boxing with dh and it was on for several hours, I was too pooped to turn on the pc again

People are coming to check our attic in 2 hrs., but we signed the papers to sell the house to them just now. Hopefully moving forward with all of this.

Wishing you all as pleasant a Sunday as you can squeeze out. And if you are ill,

"Be Your OWN Inspiration!"

Calories IN, Calories OUT, old fashioned but True...
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 08:53 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/168.5/155
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Good morning all...I've got to report on the eyes...Doc has me back on the eyedrops and from the first drop, the vision is improving and if gets better every day. I still have times when it "grays" out, just like looking through a filter but most of the time the vision is much clearer. I don't care if I have to use the drops for the rest of my life, it's worth it to be able to see like this.

Loved all of the discussion about the lupine yesterday...brought back lovely memories of the weeds in Alaska and yes, Doris, I do have pictures of the fields of fireweed. We were professional photographers, so have lots of boxes and albums of photos but the bulk of my memories are in my head and not viewable by others...It has been an interesting life.

And the comments about the deer getting into the veggie patches...lol...my SIL visited the lion farm and brought back dung to spread in the garden...sure kept the deer out of there....and didn't hurt the growth. Course they had started by installing a light with a motion detector first...just gave the animals light in which to dine. Once my brother went out with his rifle to put some venison on the table and SIL grabbed his arm and said how pretty the buck was which didn't stop the deer at all.

Lainey and all our Virgina friends...hope those floods didn't get ya. Saw them on the news last night. So much for this tropical storm being a light one...stay dry folks...hugs to y'all.

NASCAR changes channels as of today...only half of the season is on FOX, the rest on ABC and their affiliates. I much prefer the coverage from FOX as it seems as tho' their talent is so much better...will watch, of course, but not as avidly. They're racing in the Poconos today at Long Pond, PA...not one of my favored tracks, tho'.

Hoping y'all have a great day and stay as cool as you can and dry, of course, too...

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 09:16 AM   #8

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/151.6/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Good Sunday All,

A bright sunny day up here temps mild around low 70'sF, so just perfect.
I plan to go out to Costco and Home Depot this aft. So we will see if I actually get there. Ha!

Wishing All a pleasant Sunday, stay high and dry, hope to check back later...
SuSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 09:21 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: modon69478
Stats: 143/132.2/118
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
Hi Everyone,

Just a bit of shopping to do, now that the rain has passed.

Waving at ya!

Michele
modon69478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:29 AM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm dry.

Surrounded by flood zones but just not in my area. We did not even get very much rain but Va. Beach, Norfolk and Portsmouth sure did- I am in the middle of those areas and seperated on two sides by Elizabeth River... slow, long drive to the Atlantic Ocean of Ocean View and Va. Beach- I never go there but sure did hang out there as a young lady when working at Norfolk General Hospital which is now a Medical School.
Humid in a sickening way out in the yards so come in fairly often for breaks. After I fill my thurmoses with ice and water I won't come in as often.
Some of the bulbs "Joe" dug up and gave me had some of the prettiest tiny blue flowers with long yellow stamins I have ever seen- hoping lots of those will come up next spring. Have no idea what any of the other bulbs are- can't wait to see next year.
bbl
Oh, Mary- I have been following your eye problems closely and even saying some prayers for you. I adore gettin rid of my glasses of 10 years I hated them... still use readers from the dime store but not even those except for very small print. Good Luck to you and so glad those drops make such a difference. My Dr. advises to look away from the puter and blink several times VERY frenquently. Sistine Eye Drops when my eyes feel like sand is in them and only Sistine- she does not like any of the others.
Cya and bbl

Last edited by Norfolk Mermaid; 06-09-2013 at 10:35 AM..
Old 06-09-2013, 11:32 AM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I can't believe I am so dense...like I said, from the very first drops on Wednesday, the vision started to clear. I noticed that every day, around 11 am, my eye would start to "gray" over and would clear later in the day. I was relating it to the drops, so didn't make any connections until today. Same time, around 11, gray vision...but I realized I had been working on the crossword puzzle on line for 20 minutes...it's the freaking computer and the brightness thereon. Now I've told others to look away, and thought I was doing it myself but I guess not...grrrrrrrr!

Thanks Lainey, glad you were able to do away with the glasses and certainly wish I had been able to do so...this is the pits and I was so discouraged last week I had almost given up.....but now I'm back and ready to fight some more.

Gotta make a run to the commissary as I just realized I'm out of kibbles for the fur kids. Nadine also reminded me we are short of some of the cleaning stuff, so it's off to the marketo I go.
Old 06-09-2013, 01:12 PM   #12
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: zlettuce
Here!!! Wow! this next week will be grueling! I get stressed out thinking about it.
It makes me want to eat!! I am talking about carbs!!! But I opted instead for cottage cheese wiith powder SF chocolate pudding with slivers of almond combined. It helped....but stress is my downfall most of the time. 2 doctors appt. and court. Fighting for disability for my daughter. This is my 2nd round. Sort of nervous. Wish us well gals!

Zeee Lettuce

Last edited by zlettuce; 06-09-2013 at 01:13 PM..
zlettuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 01:25 PM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Back from my quick run to the marketo, it's only four miles away and I stuck to my list so I was flying through the store...and it took an hour and half to go and come back...wow!

Good luck, Lettuce, with the frenzied week...and that cottage cheese thingy sound really good...will give it a try.
Old 06-09-2013, 03:31 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sharss
Stats: 5'6 1/2" 71yr 136/130/125/120
WOE: L-G Index Diet; JUDDD
Start Date: Restarting 12/29/12: 1/17/14
Lainey, how did you get rid of glasses???

TIA
Sharss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 03:52 PM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

One of my customers told me that if you mix hot sauce, and garlic juice and an egg or 2 in some water and let it sit in the sun a couple weeks, then spray it around the yard, that no deer, dog, cat or any other animal will come into your yard. mixed some up today so we will find out. I had bought this garlic stuff that is supposed to get rid of fire ants and other ants and flies and mosquitoes but I put it on the fire ants and it did not kill them, so will use it for the other stuff. maybe I will spray the fire ants too, if I have some left over. I might better make another batch just in case. I have never smelled a rotten egg. Is it really bad?
Old 06-09-2013, 06:46 PM   #16

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/151.6/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Babette, Lainey and Sharon, A Big Thank You for the info on Lupins. They are in the ground now so I will wait patiently for them to sprout, if they do.

Doris, hope all that paperwork is going smoothly for You. No I didn't have to work today. I work next Sunday Fathers Day. It is not too bad I am working less and less days now. I refuse lots of work as I want to enjoy the summer. I will work more in the Fall and Winter.

Mary, I was so pleased to see that your eyes are improving with those drops.
WTGG! Hope you got the much needed kibbles for the fur kids.

Sleep Well All and hope TBBT...
Old 06-09-2013, 06:48 PM   #17

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
We tried legal and illegal things to keep deer away, no dice!! When we had 2 large dogs, we never had deer here in our back acre, only when we had no more dogs did we begin to have issues. The stuff they sell to keep deer away, or homemade recipes from Mr. Goodbar, never did a thing. Even tiger hair in nets hanging in the trees did nothing. 2 people sat out at night with guns before, didn't do a thing. You live in the wrong place, lol. I bet, after we move, we won't have deer problems, but it will be some other kind of pest, even snakes.

Susan, that Costco run can be counted as a good exercise, don't you agree?

Wishing everyone a good week, safe week, less troubling week.

Good Night!
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 06:51 PM   #18
Blabbermouth!!!

Good evening to all.

Do NOT put that concocion to your nose... I smelled a rotten egg when I opened one and can still, many years later, GAG.
We have a big "farm" supply store that I love for flowers, veggies plants with all kinds of farm supplies and there were tons and tons of replelents for all kinds of deer and criters. I saw a racoon once so big it scared me to death- that ended cat food left on the porch. Dad used to trap possems and call animal control to come and get them. Someone told me once they have the men in the house pee pee around the yard to shoo of deer.
I did work in the yard today but stopped diging out a stump when I got some small chest pains... I mean the pain not my chest- chest is average. lol The humidity had me pouring huge dropplets of sweat that looked like little bubbles- never saw that before. My pores must have been wide open. There are flash flood warnings out but not for us but we will get rain I am sure.
The cats are acting odd and not eating. I had to go out and pick SuSun up and bring her in to eat. Jane finally showed up but will not come in to eat. Do you think they sense about NeCe? I honestly think animals know stuff that we cannot even imagine.
I wanted ice cream so bad today but left it sit in the store. I did buy some Sara Leigh Devels Food cakes but they were disappointin. Momma always hated making me a black cake for my birthday every year- they were so good.
This little room is too hot even with the fan on me.
Sweet dreams and I'll bbt.
Oh, catarac surgery in both eyes and then had to have a proceedure in both eyes after. Don't miss them glasses even one bit!!!

Last edited by Norfolk Mermaid; 06-09-2013 at 06:57 PM..