Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   The Golden Years (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/)
-   -   Copper River Salmon (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/805748-copper-river-salmon.html)

beachbumgranny 06-08-2013 04:29 PM

Copper River Salmon

This morning on our food shopping trip - we stopped at a seafood supplier's warehouse and they had a fresh shipment of salmon - wild caught from the Copper River - only available 3 weeks out of the year -we bought some - just had it for supper - it was the best salmon I have ever had - each bite melted like butter in my mouth ! One of the good things about being on a low-carb diet! Spending a little extra money on something healthy that is on the diet and is delicious !!:):)

Sharss 06-08-2013 04:33 PM

Salmon is one of the healthiest foods to eat - and I don't like it! The only way I love salmon is salmon patties.

So glad you found such good salmon you like!

Shalbrihil 06-08-2013 05:55 PM

Yumm sounds like a tasty meal.

mykneesareback 06-08-2013 06:34 PM

I love salmon, also. Just buy the cans at Costco, my dh is not a big fan of it, but he adores shellfish, and I'm allergic, so I have my salmon when I fix him shrimp for his dinner.

Keep on tripping along, folks!

Begete 06-08-2013 07:09 PM

Hi Beachbum and welcome. DH and I are from Philadelphia where all we got was farm raised salmon. DH wouldn't touch it.

Now we live in WA state not too far from the Cooper river and other Pacific Northwest places where wild salmon is available and it has become our favorite meal. The difference between farm raised salmon and wild fresh caught salmon is remarkable. Hard to believe there is any genetic relationship.
Sharss, I see you are also from WA. I never met anyone from here who doesn't love salmon. Around here, the "in" thing is to go to a dinner party where the hosts grill different varieties of wild salmon to see if you can tell which is which! Much harder than wine tasting!

Editing to ask Doug and his wife, who used to live here, if he can distinguish among them by taste.

Doug_H 06-09-2013 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Begete (Post 16462004)
Hi Beachbum and welcome. DH and I are from Philadelphia where all we got was farm raised salmon. DH wouldn't touch it.

Now we live in WA state not too far from the Cooper river and other Pacific Northwest places where wild salmon is available and it has become our favorite meal. The difference between farm raised salmon and wild fresh caught salmon is remarkable. Hard to believe there is any genetic relationship.
Sharss, I see you are also from WA. I never met anyone from here who doesn't love salmon. Around here, the "in" thing is to go to a dinner party where the hosts grill different varieties of wild salmon to see if you can tell which is which! Much harder than wine tasting!

Editing to ask Doug and his wife, who used to live here, if he can distinguish among them by taste.

Definitely yes:lol:

zlettuce 06-09-2013 02:20 PM

Didn't they Genetically modify Salmon? I wonder if that is part of the different taste.

Mssarge 06-09-2013 02:21 PM

I miss the trips to the Yukon river and flying back with a half ton of salmon fresh from the wheels...and my Alaskan buddy made the best squaw candy...thanks for that memory, too.