LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2013, 08:17 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
Thanks for starting, and that sure is funny, love Maxine!!!
Safe travels, Linda.

Let's roll ourselves out of bed on Saturday morning, and get with our program, friends. If we are able, that is, some aren't, sorry for that.

We will be showing the people who want to buy our house, around the place, how the well water works, and stuff like that. Very early, since it's going to be hot, and someone wants to climb up into the attic.

See you tomorrow!
mykneesareback is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 08:44 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sharss
Stats: 5'6 1/2" 72yr 136/130/125/120
WOE: L-G Index Diet/HCG Drops
Start Date: Restarting 12/29/12
Has anyone belonged to Curves? Sounds like a tough workout, but am looking into it. Expecting a call back. Really don't want a situation where I have to buy a membership for a year.
Sharss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 08:48 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Had one more Post to go to hit 1000 Posts!

What better place to hit it! (Couldn't wait until tomorrow. )
Old 06-07-2013, 08:52 PM   #5

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec.1997
Doris, we aren't leaving until Sunday.

Good luck with showing the place tomorrow. Not much fun at all. Been there, done that.

So how is the packing coming along?

Sharss, you don't need to pay for an exercise program like Curves, just walk and do what ever make you feel good. My friend owns a Curves franchise and doesn't really care for it.
Old 06-07-2013, 09:00 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

LoveMontana, how interesting that your friend doesn't care for her Curves franchise. Must be a very good reason for it.

Yes, I do have DVDs that I enjoy, just thought Curves might be interesting to do. However, don't like having a regular monthly payment as limited funds and that's just another bill, not that I have a lot of bills, just utilities, Comcast, and rent, but that's enough.

Last edited by Sharss; 06-07-2013 at 09:02 PM..
Old 06-07-2013, 09:06 PM   #7

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
Start Date: Dec.1997
Give it a try on their free workout and see if you like it. Could be something you like or not.
Old 06-07-2013, 10:14 PM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
I could not join curves because they allowed members to wear as much perfume as thy wished and I am allergic to it.

Bought a new cover for our RV today. Our last one disintegrated. Did our trader Joe and Costco shopping, but on way home got stuck in the interstate 5 traffic from the bridge collapse last week.

Saturday, we have ZERO plans. I am so happy!
Begete is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 07:17 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: modon69478
Stats: 143/133.2/118
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
Good Morning All,

Not much planned for today - just a few errands/chores in and around the house.

Hope everyone is doing okay,
Michele
modon69478 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 07:36 AM   #10
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: zlettuce
* running in.... puff puff.... am I late? I am here!!! Today I have to work til 10pm. I slept late on purpose. I will check the board for tid bits. See ya then.... by the way.. I lost another lb. Yey!

Last edited by zlettuce; 06-08-2013 at 07:43 AM..
zlettuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 08:12 AM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
Good morning. Thanks Doris.

Just a check in. The hot nights are really unpleasant. MUST do some thing about A/C.
bbl
Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 08:19 AM   #12

Gallery: Loretta V
Stats: 140/119/120
WOE: Low Carb & Modified JUDDD Jan. 2012
Start Date: July 2001/ Low Carb Friends 9/2001
Sharon I did Curves for about a year. I found it a strenuous workout but it sure helped. After I broke my wrist I dropped my membership.

Warm weather here too. But it sure feels good after a long cold winter.
Loretta V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 09:23 AM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Good morning all (and for our East-coast friends, good afternoon)...in the 80's again today, seems like it's much hotter the more north you go...stay cool Doris. I know you'll enjoy showing off your old homestead.

Sharon, I went to Curves for four years and really enjoyed the workout...I kept it up until I had a torn meniscus and had to have surgery. Have thought about going back many times but finally joined the new L.A. Fitness which just opened (going over today to check it out) as they have a pool and I've been doing a water workout at physical therapy. I took several folks to Curves as my guest and even went to others' when I traveled as they have a reciprocal with all world-wide. It's more than a workout, too, as they have several diet programs associated with Curves and the challenges were great. I loved the workout but none that I took did...it's a really personal thing. The equipment is a one-size-fits-all and, as we know, that is not necessarily true. Someone mentioned trying it out....they have a week's visitor's pass that will give you a chance to see if it fits you. Most gyms now have done away with the annual membership, although most have a fee in addition to the monthly charge, just like Curves. Good luck with whatever you decide.

The tail-waggers are looking expectantly at me...I guess it must be their breakfast time...type ya later.

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 10:19 AM   #14

Gee, we are a busy bunch, summer months bring out the mood to get out and about, the air feels different, lol. We have a heat wave, so it isn't breezy at all out there, the realtor came over, and people came right after, spent time showing them the generator, and they adored the A/C. We don't use it often, but by 4 pm and when I'm cooking, it makes a big difference. It has an allergy filter system, so we both breathe better when it's on, especially during this pine pollen and juniper shrub stuff billowing out.

Got some boxes, got some bags of stuff to toss out there, we will get a dumpster later on and it will be easy to fill up.

Linda, it feels like you have been preparing for a week to leave, lol, so I thought you would be gone, messed up. Hope the weather turns out ok for you guys.

Lainey, have you picked that first tomato already, or will you leave it longer?

Mary, you have had a lot of different experiences in your life time, do you have pictures and photo albums to show around?

Michele, have a good day and hope the errands go quickly for you.

Begete, isn't it grand to have nothing planned on a Saturday, you can go out and check out how the garden is doing. Do you get many weeds there?

Loretta, I had forgotten that you used to go to Curves. Was that before you took up walking and enjoying the walking?

Sharrs, good thing you can try the Curves out, only you can say if you might enjoy it or not. If you don't enjoy, it won't do a thing for you.

Howdy, lettuce. Have a good day, if you can.

dh isn't even grilling today, it's going to be over 100, and he does not need to be out side, fooling around, under the patio in that heat. Trying to use up food stuffs now, oh my, found another bag of spinach that needs to go.

Off to finish the bike.

You realize, don't you, it's not "just about the food".!
Old 06-08-2013, 12:51 PM   #15
Blabbermouth!!!

Have a "blue" day...

Yesterday I found out that the beautiful Papion next door was put down. She was in pain with a bad back and the 10,000 $ for surg. was not an option. Cried yesterday when I heard and then most of the afternoon. Norman, Nece's Human is home from the hospital with the shingles in his head and is pitifil to see. I am sure their beloved dog did not help his condition. Nece is the one I saw the pain in her eyes I thougt was from missing him but now think there was physical pain mixed in with missing him. So very sad... She was large for a Papion and was "red & white" and was just a beautiful picture while in her back yard in the dark green grass. Dear me, I just do not know how we all do it losing pets because of their way shorter life spans than ours.
Doris, gonna harvest that tomato just as soon as I leave here... need to fry up the bacon, mayo the toast, tear off the luttuce and black pepper and I will be in heaven on earth- then I will make the second one!
Should pull weeds as the ground is soft and wet but I guess I am havin a bit of the "inertia of dispaire" ! Needless to say I know full well that gettin busy would be the best answer for that and I will try to push myself after those heavenly sandwiches.
bbl

Old 06-08-2013, 03:23 PM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

All

Thanks for all the input about Curves. I still haven't had a return call from last night from them. ???

Now thinking about joining the Community Center as there are more options. Many geared towards Seniors. Monthly fee is $32 and can drop if and when one wants to. I like the idea of doing something so to get me out of the apartment besides grocery shopping and other errands.

Most of the card games and such are in the morning which is a bad time for me since that is when I'd like to be trading <- if I'm not sleeping due to being up all night. So that's too bad as that would be the best way to get to know others.

BTW, I never explained why I don't know anyone here. I lost my job in OR in 2003 and moved to WA. I lived in one ugly little town and was planning to leave as soon as I retired. Just came sooner than I expected due to lost of job. Couldn't wait to get out of there. It was a nice small town to raise kids in though, but they were gone of course. Now they live all over the country. One reason I choose this city was due to being close to the airport, but now can't really travel due to lack of $$$.

Have a great day All!

Sharon
Old 06-08-2013, 03:29 PM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Lainey, know what you mean by losing one's best furbabies! I've lost two in the past and it was so painful. I mean they are family for sure.

I have one kitty now who was 14 yrs old in May. Although I want her to live much longer, I do want her to go before me because she would be sooo miserable without me. I don't want her scared and unhappy. She's not used to other people being around and wants her loving from me constantly.
Old 06-08-2013, 05:10 PM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
I'm here and now it's getting close to dinner time. Don's the chef and starting turkey burgers for tonight.

We had our ride over the pass and picked up our eggs. The outing was nice but we felt the heat as we went more inland. It's been in the nice 70's here. Lovely.

Glad you all are having a prosperous day. Lainey enjoy those BLT's.
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 06:24 PM   #19

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/143.6/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Just getting here.
I had a pleasant day, our Friends of Hospice Walk this morning and lots of chit chatting.
I got home walked the dog, cleared out some more papers so that is finally going well.
I pulled a few weeds and I managed to sow some seeds, they were Lupins, not sure if they will come or not as it said to start indoors first. Babette Lainey do you know?

Having a quite evening with Me Self as Lainey puts it.
Enjoying the peace and quiet. DS is in Vegas for the week. Glad I am not there right now, one day when I have more energy maybe I'll go.
DD is just getting back from 4 days at another horse show with DGD the other side of Montreal. Will check in with her tomorrow.

Waving to All and Hope to Be Back Tomorrow...

Last edited by SuSUN; 06-08-2013 at 06:28 PM..
SuSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 06:36 PM   #20

Susan, do you have to work tomorrow?
Old 06-08-2013, 07:17 PM   #21
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Susan, it would be rare to be able to grow lupines in eastern Canada. Here in the Puget Sound, they grow like weeds, in fact, some consider them weeds.

They require cool temps, but not frozen ground, sun, moisture, but not wet feet. I tried to grow them in Philadelphia, and got one or two to return for a second year, but I did have one fiend who had some success with them. I think the North American east may just get too hot for them. My e put them somewhere with morning sun and afternoon shade? It's a little let for them now. Mine are in full bloom, and friends that have them in full sun all day -
Theirs are already finished and going to seed.
Above I was referring to a fRiend, not a fiend.....
Old 06-08-2013, 07:20 PM   #22
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi SuSan and everyone.

I have planted seeds directly outside that said to start them inside. Might be that starting them inside is head starting them when it is still cool weather. Now it is plenty warm. Not aware of "Lupins"... what are they? Also potting soil is fertilized so give them some Miracle Grow water in a light spray now and when they come up. I put potting soil in the outside soil and mix it well before planting seeds and perlight is a good idea as well... always did that in N.Y. but Va. is so very different I am still getting used to gardening here. I have some seeds growing in pots outside riht now and they are gettin big but do not see flower buds yet ??? we'll see- mostly coneflowers someone gave me several seed packs of different flowers so I'll be waiting to see which is in what pot. Just did not want to waste them. Lordy spring is so busy in the garden but now I know to do lots of prep durin the winter. Just never did in N.Y. because it was just simply too frozen cold to do anythin outside at all. Here- lots to do that can be done outside ALL winter.
Had a real do nothing day but did enjoy my BLT. The tomatoe could have stayed on the plant another couple of days. Guess what? I filled up on just the one.
Busy day tomorrow as I have to drag all the stuff I cramed into the garage and potting shed- it'll go quick though and I still want to dig out some over grown weeds while the soil is still soft.
Sweet dreams all.
bbt
E.
Old 06-09-2013, 09:07 AM   #23
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
Quote:
I pulled a few weeds and I managed to sow some seeds, they were Lupins, not sure if they will come or not as it said to start indoors first. Babette Lainey do you know?
Susan here in Calif. lupins grow wild similar to Begete's area. The country fields are just full of that beautiful blue in the Spring. Wonder if they come in any other color from seed packets?
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote