Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   The Golden Years (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/)
-   -   Life begins at . . . 60? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/805678-life-begins-60-a.html)

Gadabout 06-07-2013 09:40 AM

Life begins at . . . 60?

Hi guys - my first time here and I am nervous.......Having had a love / hate affair with my body most of my life I've decided it is 'now or never' to shift those pounds!
We celebrated my husband's retirement by buying a Winnebago RV two and a half years ago and now travel in the USA and Canada for six months and have six months at home (UK) Different countries, different foods, different lives....fun, exciting but not always easy........hoping to find help, support and advice here. Here's to finding new friends and losing bad habits!

Oh, and as it is Friday, I always meet up with my friend and we have breakfast together....only she is in the UK and I am currently in Idaho USA!

Shalbrihil 06-07-2013 11:41 AM

:welcome: Gadabout. You will find lots of good advice and a big hug when you need one here. Glad you found us and feel free to jump right in on the other threads. :up:

birdlady 06-07-2013 11:55 AM

:welcome::welcome:

GracieWI 06-07-2013 02:37 PM

Nice to meet you, Gadabout! I'm kinda new myself--liking it here so far!

Loretta V 06-07-2013 03:16 PM

:shake: Hi Gadabout, happy to have you join us.

We have a daily menu and exercise thread also. Just join in.

mykneesareback 06-07-2013 04:31 PM

Gadabout, yours is an oft told tale, years and years of unhealthy eating is hard to suddenly break up with. Give it your best shot!!! :hugs:

Sharss 06-07-2013 05:03 PM

:welcome: Gadabout!

What a neat thing to be doing - all that traveling! :sing:

beachbumgranny 06-07-2013 05:36 PM

Hi Gadabout - I am new also - so we can learn together. WELCOME ABOARD. I am also almost 60 and it's never too late to begin to turn things around. Life is what you make it and it is worth the effort to make the improvements to living a healthy and happy life.

LoveMontana 06-07-2013 07:23 PM

:welcome: to you from another Motor Home person. Pop in on our daily roll call, menu and exercise threads.

Doug_H 06-08-2013 02:41 PM

Hey Gadabout, come on in.

Some of us hadn't or just had turned sixty when we first joined this site 10+ years ago.:lol:
Just turned 70 yesterday.
Good place to stay and visit often. Keeps you on your toes.

Where are you in Idaho? Lived there for 10 years back in the seventies.

Doug

CherylB 06-08-2013 04:36 PM

:newbie: :welcome: :newbie:

I'm almost a decade behind you, but life has taught me that it won't be long 'til I'm in the 60's as well. Turning 51 in August. The 40's went by in a blur of excess and obesity and I was so sure I'd finish the decade being at my goal weight. I started strong and was confidant I wouldn't do any back-pedaling. But, I did. :o

But that is "neither here not there"! We take today and make the most of it. We look forward to tomorrow, knowing our clothes will be more comfortable the next time we put them on. We strive for our dreams and we believe in our heart and soul that anything is possible if we try.

So, :welcome: to our humble fitness and dieting board. So glad you found us! :heart:

Gadabout 06-12-2013 12:33 PM

Thanks for the welcomes, guys. When we are on the road we don't always have wifi so was delighted to hook up and fine you all :)

Ok, how do I start this new lifestyle? Have realised I have been a carb-addict all my life . . . . . Just weighed myself - 190lbs and not looking good. At 5'1/2" I am almost round :sad:

Currently in a lovely campsite just outside Marsing, Doug H :)

Gadabout 06-12-2013 01:12 PM

Hi LoveMontana - are you travelling or full time? Met some good folks on our travels - and, needless to say, some rare oddities too :stars:

LoveMontana 06-12-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gadabout (Post 16467698)
Hi LoveMontana - are you travelling or full time? Met some good folks on our travels - and, needless to say, some rare oddities too :stars:

We just travel. I could never live full time in one. It would be too confining, unless I was alone,:D

Gadabout 06-13-2013 10:09 AM

Can someone give me directions to the menu and exercise links Loretta V mentions please? Still trying to find my way around the site.....also still trying to get my head around a new way of eating.......

'My name is Gadabout and I am a carb-aholic'. :sad:'

mykneesareback 06-13-2013 10:36 AM

Go up to the top, click on The Golden Years. There is a list of threads, just click on the Menu thread or Exercise thread and the daily Roll Call, and post the same as you do now..........the Roll Call is new every day, but sometimes it's begun the night before, because it's easier to do it that way. The Menu and Exercise thread usually run a week, sometimes longer if the person that starts it has some things going on in their lives, lol.

Those are the 3 main threads most of us are on, within the Golden Years subject line.

Your issues with over eating are not unusual at all, but, by being in "the Golden Years", we know that, so we all try to eat healthier, but, well, you know how THAT goes, too!!!

Shalbrihil 06-13-2013 10:38 AM

Gad just look on here on the threads that say Exercise and the date for one and Menus with date for the other. They are weekly threads located here on the Goldens. Hope this helps you. :)

LoveMontana 06-13-2013 11:14 AM

Menu thread

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/go...june-16-a.html

Exercise thread

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/go...june-15-a.html

Gadabout 06-13-2013 06:15 PM

Thanks guys! :)