Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   The Golden Years (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/)
-   -   WEDNESDAY's ROLL CALL, June 5 (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/805515-wednesdays-roll-call-june-5-a.html)

mykneesareback 06-04-2013 10:02 PM

WEDNESDAY's ROLL CALL, June 5

1 Attachment(s)
I always have to look at a calendar to know what the date it, even though I've been referring to the calendar for other info all day long!!! What a NUT I am, Lordy have mercy...............dh and I swear, after this move, they will have to drag us out of the house in Texas. :laugh:

Hump Day!!!

GracieWI 06-05-2013 05:55 AM

Hi Doris and everyone...

Today is Day 4 of the new eating plan (SBD), and it's been my experience that it is the WORST day of withdrawal. I woke up feeling like a train wreck, and toyed with the idea of quitting. :sad: I always do on day 4. But I took a shot at weighing myself, thinking that a small loss after three days would motivate me not to give up. And it worked. Whew! I'm down 3.8 pounds, and I don't even care if most of it is water weight (especially since I got carried away with the pistachios right before bed). Seeing that change in my weight after only 3 days is VERY motivating and EXACTLY what I needed. :jumpjoy: Now I can continue, knowing that the massive migraine, short temper, lack of patience, and general ickyness will end soon, and I will weigh even less next weigh in day (Sunday)! Part of that is thanks to knowing that all of you are there for support!

I'm already at work, so I better get to it. Month end (I'm a finance geek), so we're busy. Better stop first for some ibuprofen though...

ocali 06-05-2013 07:16 AM

Today is the second anniversary of my DH's passing. I miss him with all my heart.

Norfolk Mermaid 06-05-2013 08:14 AM

Good morning. Thanks Doris and you are OUR nut and we love you- DH too!

Oh Julie I am so sad for you. I am still waiting to get over my sweet Daddy (1921-2007) . Please do some things that you enjoy today- or for me hard work will soothe the soul as well.
:console::aprayer:

mykneesareback 06-05-2013 08:16 AM

I wish I could send you comfort, Julie, but only have cyber hugs for you :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Gracie, isn't it funny how we all have the same experience with the danged diets, counting days, knowing which one is a "killer", and on and on, and which day we will quit or not, it's the same on every single board that there is. I've been doing it since age 12 1/2, and it will never end, repent and repeat. Just keep plugging along, sometimes it kicks in, sometimes it doesn't. :console: If you find time to exercise every day, it does help a lot, I used to sit on the couch and read for hours and hours, or watch tv, and that does not do any good at all, even if you eat well.

The Bekin's estimator is coming today, I plan on squeezing out all I can of my "stuff", not going to part with everything that means something to me. Will see how high the estimate is, lol.

Have a good day!!! Move it!!! Slowly or quickly, but move it.......:sing:

LoveMontana 06-05-2013 08:40 AM

Good morning everybody,

Thanks for the start off Doris. Best of luck with those movers. Hopefully they won't cost you an arm and leg and the move will go smoothly.
LOL Doris, the only way I'll go out of this house is feet first. ;)

Gracie, good for you for getting past the worst day. :clap:Hang tough, girl. :up:

Julie, my heart goes out to you.:console: Those anniversaries are very difficult.

Hi Lainey, ((hugs)) to you too.

Off to pick up some more food for our trip.
Whoever asked????...Babette, we will be at an RV resort in PA. Not going too far with gas prices still so darned high.

Begete 06-05-2013 09:57 AM

{{{{{{Julie}}}}}

Gabe's anniversary is coming up at the end of the month. We thought of DH flying down to LA to be with him, but it is on a Wednesday and at least he has his grief counselor that night. I must say I am quite worried.

Have a great trip, Linda.

Doris, what is an estimator? If it is someone who places a value on your things, does he give you a written report? You may wish to ask him or her to place value on some things you are moving to Texas, so that if anything is lost or stolen, you will have a third party estimate of its value. Moving companies really try to lowball you when they lose or break anything. Make sure you photograph EVERYTHING.

mykneesareback 06-05-2013 10:36 AM

He is coming to check out how much junk we have to move, Begete, we really don't have anything particularly noteworthy, except the new, big screened tv, and perhaps my Hoosier type kitchen cabinet. But we will see what the dude says, we are most interested to see when they will move us.

Linda, have a good time in Pa! Safe travels.

Off to bag up some more clothes.............I even have some of my mother's clothes here, lol. :laugh: Shoes, like those black high heels with the strap at the back, like "I Love Lucy" wore on a lot of her shows.

Begete, I would worry about Gabe, also......is the counselor in touch with both of you, also?

mykneesareback 06-05-2013 03:58 PM

The movers are coming to pack up on the 28th., and the truck will get the "stuff" on July 1, yippee!!

Oh Lordy!!! :hyst:

Shalbrihil 06-05-2013 06:18 PM

Doris, I can here the relief now. :D It soon will be over kiddo.

Mssarge 06-05-2013 06:26 PM

G'day all...what a day! Was up early and out the door to the Veteran's hospital for a fasting blood test before seeing the eye doc this afternoon. So a long day, with hardly any good news. The infection is back, so I'm back on the eyedrops; doc seems to think that will help clear up the vision. Last month before taking me off the drops, he said there was still a little infection, but he thought it would clear up...so much for hope. My vision, with the new glasses, is worse than it was last month, so maybe if and when we get the infection cleared, these glasses will suffice. He did take some pics of the back of the eye to check the macular degeneration and check the retina...interesting and it seems the md is not too bad...It was just a long discouraging day with running all over the hospital and then the pharmacy didn't have two of the meds he wants me to take, so they gave me a supply from the eye clinic.

Julie, my heart is with you, for some reason, the blues came back last night and I've been crying most of the day...our anniversary was last week and for some reason it's hit me pretty hard. Hoping it gets easier to take, but not sure that it will...hugs, hon.

Doris, good advice about taking pictures of any special items Bekin's will be moving. It would also be a good time to clear out some space, a spare room maybe to put the stuff you'll be taking with you so there'll be no question about what the movers will be taking. The Army counselors always reminded us to make sure that important papers, including checkbooks and jewelry, are in your possession before the movers leave. One move I caught my checkbook just as the packers were putting the chest into a box for shipment...that was back in the days before plastic took over the world. And I'm a big believer in lists...make your list of things you're taking with you and check 'em off as you get closer to "pack-out" day. I'm excited for you and my feet are starting to itch as I'm feeling the urge to move...used to happen every few years or so...now I've been here 18 years and feel as tho' I'm in a rut.

Hugs to all, hope you had a good day...thinking of hitting the bottle but know that's not what I need tonight. Keep the faith!!!!! Things will get better.

zlettuce 06-06-2013 07:27 PM

Okay.... I am here!!! Is that what I am suppose to say to roll call? I think I did good today. Someone gave my some chinese food. Veggies and chicken....except it was with tons of brown sauce. I didn't trust it....and before you say 'eeewwww', after I rinsed it with water, it still tasted great........... :cool: really...... honest.... hey, I was good wasn't I?:confused:

Shalbrihil 06-06-2013 07:55 PM

:up: When in doubt just give it a rinse. :D

mykneesareback 06-06-2013 08:36 PM

Find out just "who" gave you Chinese food, before you eat it..............;)

Check the date, we post daily, but the roll call for the next day is usually posted the night before, by someone on the west coast, or the friends who are able to stay up late on the east coast, lol. ;);) Even the Canadians stay up late here, ha ha.