Junior LCF Member

Gallery: denise2h
Stats: 236
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Restarting June 7 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by mykneesareback View Post
Once More, with feeling
I'm ready to start at this point I'm at my highest weight which is 236 and I'm just 5'2 I'm short of breath when I walk a few feet I have to save my life.
denise2h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 04:59 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: GracieWI
Stats: 211/211/????
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: June 2013
I'll tell you what feeling I'm NOT having...hunger! Starting Day 3, and all is well. Ok, all is well except for the headaches (normal withdrawal--expected this). But I can live with that for now.

Doris: Good morning!

denise2h: Then get started, and there will be support with you all the way. I'm new to this forum, but I think it's a place where I can feel right at home. Good luch to you!

Now off to have breakfast and another cup of coffee. And since I'm at work already, maybe I should knock a few things off my list of things to do...

Last edited by GracieWI; 06-04-2013 at 05:00 AM..
GracieWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:22 AM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
Welcome, gals, we "Oldies but goodies" have been here for years, prepare and take it one day at a time, and don't starve yourself, it will get you nowhere.

Me, it's my daily exercise bike time now, be back later on, the beauty of retirement!
mykneesareback is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:30 AM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
Good morning to all and later too. Thankyee Doris.

Sleepy this morning- I hate sleeping the morning away but changed my Melitonin brand and the new stuff is a flop. Can't win sometimes.
Denise your post brought tears to my eyes. I topped out once at 229 at 5' 6 1/2" . Thank G*D I came here. When we post here it is the equivalent of "journaling" for I have never been able to journal longer than 3 days but often post here 3 times in one day. For me there is loving kindness here and I live alone and need that in my life. You can find what ever you need when ever you need it here- any topic can be covered intelligently concerning what ever is happening to you at any given time.
Wellcome and stay with us. My first words of advice are to make yourself and this mission # 1 . Seems we women tend not to do that.
WOW, hope I haven't turned you off.
Garden Angels are calling me to get out there so they can whisper to me- marvy cool day for a change.
bbl

Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:31 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: birdlady
Start Date: june03
Nice and sunny,but I have not been out yet.
Got some cauli. steamed for later,laundry on and dishwasher ready to go.All's well.
Have a wonderful day everyone.
BBL
birdlady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:32 AM   #7

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec.1997
Good morning everyone and welcome to the 2 new

Thanks for the start off, Doris.

As Doris said, don't starve yourselves and remember that this is NOT a DIET but a life style change, so choose wisely. You new people need something that YOU can stay with for life.

We are packing up the Motor Home and getting ready for our next little trip, so I need to finish getting groceries. BBL.
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 08:04 AM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Welcome new people.

Health IS a major reason to do this. The weight has really affected my knees and for various reasons I can never have replacement surgery so I have to lose a lot of weight or I won't be able to walk!
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 08:49 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Good morning all and welcome to the new ones...stick around and stay a while...nice and cool this morning as the on-shore flow continues in SoCal. I love it and wish I lived closer to the beach as I did when we first moved to California. I used to love walking the sand in the fog...sigh! Now I just wish for the coolth as the Inland Empire is probably 30 to 40 degrees warmer in the summer, and here it comes.

All my tail-waggers are happy to be back in the house. It was good for me to see even the grumpy chihuahua welcome puppy Buddy back into the house. I've still to talk with the vet's office manager to find out the story on him...we know he has not been castrated and can feel his testicles so don't know what the doc means by him being crypto. Maybe I'll get a second opinion...don't know why I'm still using this doc. Been going to him for 18 years and it has turned into a madhouse there. Always an almost two hour wait even to just drop off or pick up a pooch let alone see the doc. And as I said, there was the confusion about whether or not the bill had been paid. Waiting for Nadine to come over to check out both Snoopy and Buddy. What a day I had yesterday.

BTW, does anyone here know anything about Carecard? I've ran across a couple of people there who have it and they say it's good for both animal and human healthcare and they say it saves quite a bit...I'm going to check it out to see. That $800 for the surgery on Snoopy's neck was a bit much even Nadine, who used to work there, thinks so.

Starting my second year of JUDDD and really paying attention to the rotations. Already lost the two of the three pounds I put back on last month, so really knuckling down. I know the exercising will increase muscle mass so weight loss may slow a bit, but I'm determined to lose the final 30 pounds. As everyone says, it is a way of life and, now that the blues have left, I'm looking forward to the next few years getting better. I can already feel the improvement the last 40 pound weight loss made, now looking forward to the next ones.

Chatty Cathy this morning...hope everyone is doing well and have escaped the foul weather and have a great day...type ya later.

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:02 AM   #10

Hey, Denise! Back in 2004, I couldn't barely walk to our mailbox out front, nor out back to the compost pile, without breathing hard and heavy, couldn't go to any event because couldn't walk up and down those stairs to get to a seat in any arena, couldn't walk through turnstiles at amusement parks, etc. Began using the exercise bike we have in our living room, husband already used it for years. First day, did 7 minutes!!! lol But every day, was able to do more and more, been doing it faithfully for all these years, day in and day out, weekends, holidays, makes no difference, we do it. That bike has been our savior. Maybe that exercise would help you, I don't know. I don't always eat well every day over these past years, BUT, that bike gets ridden, no excuses about "it's too hot outside,", or can't get to a gym, etc. Figure out exercise you can and will do at home, no dressing up, etc. Housework really isn't enough exercise, to build up fitness. Walking is great, don't know if you are into that. Just DO something, every single day.
I lost the initial weight on "Deal A Meal", before I was on this site.

Take care of yourselves, friends.

I have to be on the phone, getting someone to turn on the gas at the house, lol...........

You realize, don't you, it's not "just about the food".!
Old 06-04-2013, 11:23 AM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
Hi everyone. How y'all doing? Looks like a lot of busy ladies today. Just thought I'd stop by and give you a wave.

Weather is still on the gloomy side. Temp is a tolerable 70 degrees. Nice gardening weather. Lainey glad to hear you are cooler for your gardening day.

We did a major clean out of our worm farm and spread the casings around some plants. Now the happy fellows are starting a new batch of paper shreds and peat moss composting with kitchen raw veggie garbage. I'm having so much fun with my little hobby.

Don's taking the fur kids with him for a ride to the sporting goods store. They are all excited and Don will be too when he gets his fishing license for our Grizzly camping trip coming up.
Linda I'm getting itchy feet to get on the road too. Where will your next road trip take you?

Time to get my cauliflower steamed and ready for making up some mashed with cheese for dinner tonight. Have a nice time today ladies. Doug take care of that better half with her recovery. See you later.

I wonder what today has in store for us? Expect good!

"Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it.”
Eckhart Tolle

Sharon
Shalbrihil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 12:48 PM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!

love that picture- are they yours?
Old 06-04-2013, 02:45 PM   #13

I too am wondering where Linda is heading to??
Old 06-04-2013, 03:14 PM   #14

Gallery: Loretta V
Stats: 140/119/120
WOE: Low Carb & Modified JUDDD Jan. 2012
Start Date: July 2001/ Low Carb Friends 9/2001
Checking in. We have some beautiful weather.
I was very happy to see how well my oldest DB is doing since his by pass surgery.
He looked great and is down to 2 days a week for dialysis. He is back to his golf job and doing quite well.
It was a nice trip and I got to visit with the family. Will post pictures eventually.
Been busy since getting back.
Loretta V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:29 PM   #15
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: denise2h
Stats: 236
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Restarting June 7 2013
Thanks everyone for your encouraging words today was my first day of LCD, and I know I have met a great team that will help me stay on track.

Again Thank you
denise2h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:41 PM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
Lainey they come from the web. Glad you like them.
Shalbrihil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:57 PM   #17

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/143.6/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Adorable Pic Sharon.

Newbies

Waving to All, hope to bb tomorrow...
SuSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 08:27 PM   #18
Blabbermouth!!!

coming in to say night, night!

Didn't do much today- some pruned trees that I wish I could dig up or kill. The birds plant every where and every thing.Cuttin them just makes the tougher. I fill several watering cans for all my plantins so I don't over water and to be sure they get enough. Now I pull out the baby trees, weeds and anything I didn't plant the minute I spot them. Plan to get gardening stuff out of the garage and into the little potting shed tomorrow.
Felt a little off today but hoping to be back to my "get her done" self tomorrow.
Sweet dreams all.
Yes, I love that cat and little boy- soooo sweet.
bbt