LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2013, 09:00 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
MONDAY's Roll Call, June 3

First week of JUNE, let's enjoy what we can of beginning of Summer for some of us. I'll try, if you will.
Still waiting for my new glasses...........
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 408462_10151403828185560_1038852427_n.jpg (61.4 KB, 1 views)
mykneesareback is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2013, 04:04 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: weezie
Stats: 160/129/125 (5' 3")
WOE: mostly low carb
Hi all-

The benefit held for us on Saturday (to help with medical bills) was very well attended. It was tiring but I was very happy with the turnout and the music was wonderful. There were probably about 30 musicians there with bands going in two different studios.

Here is a photo of my college buddies, Louise D, Deb, and Christine. I'm in the blue dress (with wig!). Had not seen Louise D or Deb for 30 years (!!!) so it was fabulous that they showed up.

Now to get some housework done while dh has his chemo today.

Have a lovely day.

-Louise
Attached Images
File Type: jpg benefit photo.jpg (46.1 KB, 20 views)
weezie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 05:08 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: GracieWI
Stats: 211/211/????
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: June 2013
Hi! Newbie here. I look forward to getting to know all of you. It looks like a great bunch! Now, must get to work. Will check back tonight...
GracieWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 05:18 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 174 1/2 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Summer foods- back to UP DAYS/DOWN DAYS Oct. 1, 13
Start Date: 8-3-2012 UD
Good morning to all and later too. Thankyee Doris.

Just a check in.
Storms did not come but now they are supposed to come today.
Removed blighted leaves and sprayed those still in good shape and put them on the front steps under the awning yesterday and will leave them there till storms pass. One nice size tom. is turning red... can't wait! definitely see BLTs in my future.
Wellcome Gracie and other newbees
L.
Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 05:56 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ocali
Louise, how wonderful that so many came to the benefit! Love that you put your picture on for us to see. With that many friends wishing you and DH well, it bodes for a good future ahead. Thanks for sharing!
ocali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 06:29 AM   #6

Louise, that is wonderful, to have the fundraiser, AND to see old friends and acquaintances, I'm happy for you. How is Bob doing?

Hi Julie, how are you faring, do you garden at all?

Lainey, I admire your gardening abilities for sure, I bet you check that tomato every couple of hours, until it's ready to pick. Do the rest of them suddenly turn red after the first one? Yummy BLT's!!

Hello, Gracie.

We are on the way down to the valley 100 miles for dh's dermatologist visit, skin cancer stuff, and referral to another one in Texas. Got the stuff done for power and water to be turned on at the house. We need to cancel our car insurance here, bought the Texas one, half price what we pay here in Calif. Odds and ends of "stuff" to do.

Will have our last lunch out at our favorite place in Chico, the Sierra Brewery, been going there for over 30 yrs.

Take care of yourselves, friends.

You realize, don't you, it's not "just about the food".!
Old 06-03-2013, 06:35 AM   #7

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec.1997
Just a quick run through. I'm on my way to the home town to visit family.

Louise, LOVE the picture of you and your friends.

Doris, It will be an interesting move for you, financial wise. Many things will be less expensive in Texas.
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 07:46 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Hey y'all..just running through myself and waving to all. Taking puppy to the vets, with any luck, he's being neutered this morning, if I can catch him, that is.

Louise, good news about seeing old friends...hope you're feeling better as a result.

type y'all later...have a good day
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:54 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ocali
Doris, when is the big moving day for you??
ocali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:01 AM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

Starting to rain a little.

Louise I must have sailed riht past your post. WOW on that big party! 30 yrs is a long over due visit but that still makes it even greater. Oh YES, friends help so much. You sure are a pretty lady.
Doris, you sure did not fool around when things gotta rolling. I love it for you and DH. I have always thought Texas was winds and gales ahead of the rest of the country in medicine. It is all just totally perfect for you two. G*d Bless.
Picked a bowl of beautiful blue berries... so sweet and completely organic with not even furtilizer. I am always so amazed in the difference in store bought and I personally think even better than most of the farm stands. I had planned to Miracle Grow them but didn't find the time. That tom that is reddening is even smaller than some of the others- seems there is no way of telling what any of the veggies will do or when. I have one yellow squash with huge blossoms and others bought at the same time and place are only in tight buds. I still have to get those cukes in the ground as they all have tinsey little flowers waiting to become cukes- love my toms. and cukes! Looking forward to cukes in no fat Greek Yogert- am I the only one that used to strain my reg. yogert before the Greek hit the stores?
Gonna use rain time to work on this house- neglect doesn't come close to how behind I am. Sometimes I feel like I am a bear in my cave.
bbl

Old 06-03-2013, 10:03 AM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
It's going to be a nice restful day today unless this overcast burns off and we get some sunshine. Then I'll be outside doing something creative. I got my geranium slips planted and now there in there little greenhouses. I put a little water in a large freezer bag and put the planter 4 pack inside. Then sealed it up leaving a small opening for ventilation. They are looking perky this morning with a light misty look on the sides.

Dh caught a possium in the live trap he set. He took the little guy over to the lake to make friends with the ones over there. The mystery of the boys barking when they go out at night now is solved. At least until something else needs to be re located.

We have a large box garden type spider that comes out at night. I can see it when I turn on the porch light when I let the boys out around midnight. What an elaborate web it has. I hope it gets all the flies, moths, and little critters it can.

Louise it was so nice to see the picture of you and your friends. You all look like you were having loads of fun.

Welcome . Enjoy our group.

Doug wish Jo a belated Happy Birthday for me. I don't know how I missed that. So glad she is recovering nicely.

Dh is starting to cut backyard grass. Think I'll go out and watch the action. See ya later.

"Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it.”
Eckhart Tolle

Sharon

Last edited by Shalbrihil; 06-03-2013 at 10:05 AM..
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 10:16 AM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/163.4/130
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Those &%^$%^ kittens will not let me sleep because they insist on sleeping on the outside edge of my side of the bed. Finally at 1:30 am, I went out to the living room to read for a while, they followed me, fell asleep on the sofa, so I snuck back into bed and slept til almost 10 am this morning.

Something has to change!

Weezie, that was wonderful that you got such a great turn out. Last night, on the news, they were discussing certain prisoners in WA state who comitted crimes simply because the law requires prisons to provide medicare care, and they could not afford treatment on their own.....

Off to work in garden today. Welcome newbies.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:33 AM   #13
Blabbermouth!!!

awww. begete. they wuve you so much....

You are their Mommy now and they just want to feel safe. My kitties have left me for outside since it isn't cold anymore. I am jealous of your "Red & Blue".
Which is which? is Red the smaller one? Meooow.
Just a little rain but may have a heavier one to come yet.
Dad used to trap possoms and call the Animal Control to pick them up. Mamma said he sometimes got the neihbors cats and they would hit the ground runnin when he opened the traps door. The spider and myself would have all kinds of trouble... I made peace with the garden spiders but still give them their space unless they are those BIG writing ones- they et sprayed- otta draw the line somewhere.
Out of the mood to do much so will maybe just do some newspaper puzzles.
bbl
Old 06-03-2013, 12:19 PM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: birdlady
Start Date: june03
Begete,has the kittens has the big snip-snip(neutered) if not run to the vet,it should slow them down some.Maybe ask for a little calming pill for at night.
Got the birds fed and DH helped fill the barrels with feed for the month.That wore both of us out.lol
Welcome to the new gals.
Louise,nice pictures and so happy your friends are helping out.
BBL
birdlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 06:03 PM   #15
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: GracieWI
Stats: 211/211/????
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: June 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Begete View Post
Those &%^$%^ kittens will not let me sleep because they insist on sleeping on the outside edge of my side of the bed. Finally at 1:30 am, I went out to the living room to read for a while, they followed me, fell asleep on the sofa, so I snuck back into bed and slept til almost 10 am this morning.
I have a 2 year old cat that I rescued in March, and I had to ban him from the bedroom at night! He was playing with the blinds, jumping all over the furniture, and using the bed as a trampoline/landing pad. So he's OUTTA there! Now we both sleep all night long.
GracieWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 06:15 PM   #16

What you guys talk about is why we will never have cats again

It hit 102 in Chico while we were down there, we hurried like heck to get home, lol. dh's dermatologist appt. went fast, they took samples, but they will call and let him know when to come back for removal, they told him not to wait until after we move, these things need to be removed soon.

The Costco was packed, mostly with people our age, seniors all over the place, shopping as if they had no food at home. We bought eggs, coffee, grapefruit in those little containers, which I love. One gal older than us, was trying to climb up into the refrigerator thing, and almost fell, we rushed to help her, her husband standing there, didn't have any strength to help. Oh my!!

Stopped at the strawberry stand, bought strawberries and black berries, dh wants a Splenda pie, for early Father's day, so I'll fix him one. I'm not a big fan of berry pie.

It's 95 up here, our A/C just kicked on for a spell.

Julie, we should find out on Wednesday, from the moving estimator, as to when we will be moving. Hunch is first or 2nd week in July.

Waving at one and all, mind is full of packing and moving nonsense..........
Old 06-03-2013, 06:46 PM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: modon69478
Stats: 143/134.4/118
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
I'm watching a British drama called 'Waking the Dead' - kind of like a CSI sort of show - and there in the back of one of the crowd scenes is a younger Mr. Bates - HA! It's so funny to me to recognize characters from other shows, especially before they became famous.

Have a good night all,
Michele
modon69478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 07:26 PM   #18

Michele, have you ever seen those half hour comedies, "One Foot In The Grave", those are really funny and have great actors, too.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:34 PM   #19

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/143.6/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Just getting here. Lots going on. It was supposed to be the dogs teeth cleaning and extractions tomorrow morning. The blood work came back with high calcium levels and elevated liver enzymes, so now more exploratory for CA before the oral surgery.

Lovely to see that Pic of YOU and your buddies Louise. You look so pretty with your wig, it sure suits you.

Wishing All a good nights sleep especially Babette...Hope TBBT...
SuSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:50 PM   #20
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Dang! I must been have pooped. I put today's tale of woe over on the Sunday thread...wow! Needless-to-say, I'm tired...type ya tomorrow.
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 08:02 AM   #21
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/163.4/130
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Quote:
Maybe ask for a little calming pill for at night
For me or the cats, Gladys?

Yes, they had just be neutered when we got them.
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote