LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2013, 08:51 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
WEDNESDAY's ROLL CALL, May 29

Let's get off of our duff's and get going, friends, or at least, get out of bed.....
mykneesareback is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2013, 05:16 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ocali
Okay, Doris, I obey you. I am out of bed! Perhaps will call a friend to go out to lunch. There is a new Japanese restaurant opened not far from here that I'd like to try.
Once you sign those final papers, can we please see the new house?? Give us the the realtor's web site or whatever. We gals love to look at those pictures! When do you think you'll be moving?
Nothing much else going on. It's very quiet here other than the golf cart parade for Memorial Day. They were all decorated with flags, etc.
Old 05-29-2013, 06:06 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: weezie
Stats: 160/135/125 (5' 3")
WOE: mostly low carb
hi all-

Just checking in. It's been awhile. It is finally due to get warm here. We haven't put in any tomatoes or peppers yet because it has just been too cold. Hopefully this weekend.

Doris, I did pack my spices, but I have a huge collection. I just counted - 101 bottles - but I love to cook and have some unusual ones for Moroccan,Turkish, Indian, Asian foods. They were wrapped well and padded with lots of paper, which does help insulate a bit. Keep in mind that you will want any valuables (jewelry, silver, important papers, etc.,) to travel with you in your car. Also, take those items you'll want to use immediately in your car - coffee maker, a few pots and pans perhaps, dish detergent, bath soap and a couple of towels. We used an outfit called flat rate movers but I don't know if they do long distance moves.

Neuropathy from chemo is making me a little nutty. It feels like fire ants are crawling on my hands at times. Glutamine, fish oil, vitamin B and calcium/magnesium are supposed to help, so i've been on a supplement kick. So far, so good.

Have a great day everybody. Will chime back in when I can.

-Louise

Last edited by weezie; 05-29-2013 at 06:14 AM..
weezie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:29 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 174 1/2 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Summer foods- back to UP DAYS/DOWN DAYS Oct. 1, 13
Start Date: 8-3-2012 UD
Great to see you Louise.

Begete, I found tiny orange spots on the tom. leaves and looked it up and seems it is tomato blight. Off I go in search of a spray. Didn't think it was over watering as I know that will yellow house plants in a hurry.
Lots to do today.
Off I go.
e.
Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:33 AM   #5

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec.1997
Running in to say hi to everyone. On the run again today. BBL
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 08:22 AM   #6

Gallery: Loretta V
Stats: 140/118/120
WOE: Low Carb & Modified JUDDD Jan. 2012
Start Date: July 2001/ Low Carb Friends 9/2001
Checking in/ No special plans. we are enjoying some beautiful weather.
Loretta V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 08:29 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/168.5/155
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Hey y'all...just running through on my way to pt..have a good day, type ya later.

Doris, thanks for the commiseration on the lost bracelet...sigh!
Mssarge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 08:47 AM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/163.4/130
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
I awoke to a bunch of e-mails from friends this morning telling me my Facebook account was hacked. Sure enough, there was a post from me praising Fox News!! LOL. I changed my password, but in "security" saw my account was signed on last night from NJ and half the post was in Chinese!
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:20 AM   #9

Begete, that is the pits, sounds suspicious, anyway Facebook can track it down for you?

Julie, we are with EBBY real estate in Texas, and I need to look up the number, I don't want to put the address on here, but it's in McKinney.

Just got a call, notary is coming in a few hours, have to rush to the bank 17 miles away, lol.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:37 AM   #10
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: heathern
Stats: 300/227/180
WOE: mod carb
good morning all.

it's pouring rain today so i got a deal on cauliflower and straw*erries and am getting them ready for the freezer.
Haver a good day all !!
heathern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 02:18 PM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Okay Doris, got off my duff and did the physical therapy...he added a few more exercises today...one on my knees leaning into a balance ball, hands clasped behind and pulling and holding the shoulder blades back for five seconds...it's worse than it looks on the screen. I really felt this one. He's trying to correct my posture, I'm sure, as he says most of my back pain is caused by poor posture....why oh why, didn't I listen to my mother when I was young?

Stopped by Costco on my way home as I needed gas...shoulda filled up at the indian's shop yesterday...six cents more per gallon at $3.85 a gallon and it's coming down, "they" say. While there I ran in to pick up some chicken broth as I'm out and wanted soup my last DD...so, of course, I wound up spending another $100 on stuff. They did get that kale salad in someone mentioned a while back and can hardly wait to try it tomorrow with the poppyseed dressing and cranberries & seeds...way too many calories for a DD. It's delicious with just my lc sesame dressing today.

Had my wakeup call this morning, gained another two pounds in addition to the three I've been playing with all month. Of course, two buffets in one week is the culprit...plus the high calorie down days. I finally lost those three pounds in April, but now I'm putting 'em back on. Time to knuckle down and get my duff moving. Of course last year I had my greatest weight loss during the June-October time frame and am going to lose the next 30 during the same time. My fitness facility opens next week, so I'll have somewhere to go when I quit the physical therapy.

Doris, I'm trying to remember who but I know someone in McKinley, Texas. I'll have to haul out my address book and find out who.

Hope you are all having a great day, folks. Our weather is heatin' up...we're expecting 100-degree temps this weekend, so it will be trying to stay cool here.

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Old 05-29-2013, 02:53 PM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

BTW, meant to mention that I'm coming out of the blue funk...feeling better now that Memorial Day is over and I'm moving my duff more...it really does help.
Old 05-29-2013, 04:31 PM   #13

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
Start Date: Dec.1997
Babette you are the 5 th person I know of in the past week who's facebook page had been hacked. Bummer. My password is so complicated, no one will crack it.

Oh Doris, it has to be getting down to the wire. You must be full of anticipation and really looking forward to that move.

Getting hot has hell here for the next three days. Humid too.
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 05:45 PM   #14

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/151.6/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Just running in to say the garbage truck just came by to pick up all my bundles of cedar bushes. Yeah!
Some were tied so small I couldn't seem to do the large bundles. Took me quite a while to do them but is was a quiet and slow job, the way I like it. Ha!
It did get muggy this aft Linda then we had a rain shower which seemed to clear it a bit. I am soooooo glad I got 'er done! DH would be proud of me!

Yes, it is warming up, up here too Linda, still have a bit of a breeze so that is always welcome.

Oh my Goodness Doris, your hard efforts have come to fruition. WTGG!

Enjoy your evening All and hope to bbT...
Old 05-29-2013, 06:31 PM   #15

We signed and initialed over 100 papers, and the lady said that, she has seen people have way more than that, Man Alive!! But it's done, now on to arguing about what goes and what stays .

I'm sorry not to address you all, I'm just up in the clouds now.
The mls # is 11944805 , anyone wants to peek, it's a larger house than we have ever had in our lives, but simple, same as us, lol.
Old 05-29-2013, 07:17 PM   #16
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 174 1/2 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Summer foods- back to UP DAYS/DOWN DAYS Oct. 1, 13
Start Date: 8-3-2012 UD
Please, please some one do that look up and share.

I would never in a million years be able to do that and want sooo much to see where our Doris and DH will be living and having it so much easier for his medical care. Of course I would PM my e-addy to anyone that will do that. Linda? you are puter savy right? Please someone!
Oh my, my. I worked hard today and worked till I lost day light with 5 stuffed leaf bags with debris from the front and a goodly start on the back as well. I am sore already so know tomorrow will be a bioch and except for hair wash I will be harnished to that weed whacker with no Tiara now that it is hot I don't want sweat to cause it to rust- wait! I got plastic ones too. Hmmm, think this winter I will just "be dazzle" my face shield and be done with it. I even ot a couple of washes done and dried as I was low on clothes as still need to do the wintered over summer clothes.
Supper tonight was saltines and PB as I had to have something with my forgotten night pills as usual and the diabetes meds have to be taken with food. That was my day. Oh, found out my next door neihbor is in the hospital with shingles way to close to his eyes. They are a few years older than me and Carolyn Jean said that he is some better so maybe he'll be home in a few days. I was up for the shot but the day before my appt. my internist got the letter from the surgeon that I had colon cancer so she said no way on that shot.
One more saltine/pb and it is the bed and puzzles if I can stay awake for them.
Sweet dreams everyone- I dreamed of a wedding the other niht and have always been told that that means a death in the family- my last ederly aunt in El Paso is worrying me a little. I am like Mark Twain- I don't believe in ghost but I am afraid of them anyway!
bbt

Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 08:26 PM   #17

Lainey, just type the MLS number in your "search" box, and it will pop right up.