bbl
Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:48 AM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec.1997
Just saving my place this morning. Will be back later.
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 08:27 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/168.5/155
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Me, too....hey y'all...type ya later
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:20 AM   #5

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
Whew, just sticking my neck in here now, too, got most of the bike time done, and need to eat something.

Thanks for starting us out, Susan, and that is a cute avitar!!

Just found out we finally got the loan, and just need to figure out the closing date, we will be saying "Y'all sooner than we thought, perhaps.........
mykneesareback is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:32 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/163.4/130
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Thanx for all the support yesterday. It seems that I did somehow regain that 1.2 pounds because the scale has been firmly at 178.4 for 3 mornings now.

I think, for me, some of the problem is WHEN I eat. Somehow, I had been able to not eat at night for the first 6+ weeks of lc. Then, when I increased my carbs to 40 grams per week, I started feeling hungry again at night. When I eat at night, I seem to sleep more soundly and do not get up to go to the bathroom as often.

Will try to eat more fat and fewer carbs today as per the article Linda posted yesterday and see what happens.
Old 05-28-2013, 09:34 AM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: heathern
Stats: 300/227/180
WOE: mod carb
Good morning to all !!
It's rainy and overcast today but at least it's not snow lol.

Started w/my LC brekkie- eggs,bacon & zucchini & decaf

going to do a low carb shopping today and I brought along my lunch so I wont be tempted
heathern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:48 AM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 174 1/2 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Summer foods- back to UP DAYS/DOWN DAYS Oct. 1, 13
Start Date: 8-3-2012 UD
Hi Begete, I saw somewhere that 1 glass of wine per day is OK and will not change losing- 2 glasses WILL per day. Many years ago WW's would have 2 glasses of wine every other day and would still lose BUT NOT 2 per day. I used to buy those little pony's and have a night cap each night- been thinking of doing that again.
Rotten day here partly due to a splitting headache.
bbl Oh, I had a Subway bacon, egg & cheese w luttuce, extra toms and mayo and it was so delish- Honey Oat bread with the insides taken out... even helped the headache a little but too late for more help.
bbl

Old 05-28-2013, 09:58 AM   #9

Gallery: Loretta V
Stats: 140/118/120
WOE: Low Carb & Modified JUDDD Jan. 2012
Start Date: July 2001/ Low Carb Friends 9/2001
Checking in. Had an interesting day yesterday at my first visit to a off site betting place. I got one horse in first. I bet about 4 horses but just bet $2 and came out with spending about .50 cents after my winnings. It sure got cold in there.

Not much planned but to enjoy the beautiful weather we are having.
Loretta V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 12:01 PM   #10

Well Loretta, glad you had some fun betting, I have no idea what that off site means at all, lol. Winter wants to keep on hanging in there.

Begete, were you drinking wine over 10 yrs. ago when you first started dieting, and were losing weight? Some people can use alcohol ok after they have lost a certain amount of weight already, like Linda and Loretta, who walk every single day, along with it, they are the hearty ones!! Are you still diabetic, that makes a difference in how your body uses alcohol, too. My dh can never drink any again, but is allowed a non alcoholic beer now and then, so he likes to do that when we go out somewhere, as a treat.

It's still cold here, woodstove is on, etc. So many birds again today, kinds I have never seen, but no time to check my bird book, either.

Moving question, for those of you who have done that before: Can you take packaged food items, I mean in the moving truck or did you take any in your car? Like spices, for instance...............

"Be Your OWN Inspiration!"

Calories IN, Calories OUT, old fashioned but True...
Old 05-28-2013, 01:17 PM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: birdlady
Start Date: june03
Had a nice upper body work-out on my Deere this morning,got 92% of the yards done.Dh did the other 2.lol
Cooking a pork roast that has been in the freezer for a year,the dogs may get it.I'm not strong on stuff frozen.I don't usually put meat in the freezer but this roast was to big so had to cut it in half.
Loretta, good going.lol
BBL
birdlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 02:32 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: modon69478
Stats: 143/132.2/118
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
Doris, The two things you'll have to keep in mind when deciding what to pack and where to put it are: (1) The heat - the moving van will get very hot and things like spices could go rancid on you, if left in that kind of heat; and (2) Space - how much space you'll have in the car to put things and, remember, the car will get very hot, too, when you're not driving.

My only advice is to try and use, or donate, as much of your food products as you possibly can before you move.

Hope that helps,

Michele
modon69478 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 04:05 PM   #13
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 174 1/2 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Summer foods- back to UP DAYS/DOWN DAYS Oct. 1, 13
Start Date: 8-3-2012 UD
Taking a much needed break....

Sun is hot to the skin but the breeze is still nice and cool.
Those bulbs are just about in the ground- uessin but an easy 3 to 5 hundred bulbs. They were in huge clumps so it was time consumin teasin them apart. I seem to recall that bulbs should be divided every 5 years or so ?. well, they are now seperated and it will be so fun seeing what comes up where. The lillys were planted toether but I may have missed some and planted them with the daffs and what ever many of the other bulbs turn out to be. Spring will be fun like I said. Tomorrow the weed whacker hits the curb strip and the cukes finally goining in if not done today and that will be all that oes in the ground. Repotting my herbs needs doing and of course the back yard is now over grown but the back yard is much smaller than the front but the huge fig tree will be a big bear to get cleaned up. I have had the paint for months for the wrought iron furniture and baskets projects. Busy little bee here and lovin it!
Begete, nuts are a biggie problem for me and cannot leave the peanut butter alone so when I have saltines and PB I count it as a meal. Not having jams or jellies in the house helps a whole lot. Putting it in my yogert and with PB stops me in my tracks so leaving it in the store is my answer. Refuse to NOT have PB in my house but I really never over do it anymore.
Doris, I cannot get over that yall are buying a house sight unseen. NOW that is brave. Tell us what all you know about the house- pictures would be so reat if you only could put some up. Didn't someone ask about real estate photos? I have forgotten where abouts in Texas. I have an aunt in El Paso.
More water and back out I go to my best beloved gardening.
Beete, my toms are all having yellow leaves at the bottom???? but they all have lots of toms... I am tempted for fry up some green ones but usually save that till towards the end of the season.
Headache seems to have locolized to the riht side of my neck- tension I uess.
ladys, having fun imagining you YaHOOing on that John Deere- you got a cowboy hat or at least a big straw one?
bbl
Old 05-28-2013, 04:16 PM   #14

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/151.6/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Good advice Michele on the food safety for Doris. I think WE would all wonder that too for such a long journey.

That is just terrific Gladys that you get the those lawns done so easily.
Hope the pork roast turns out okay. Do you like apple sauce with it? I love granny smiths with cinnamon and butter mashed. Yum.

Oh my with Loretta betting on the horses and Lainey drinking her pony at bedtime. I had to re read what was going on.

That was a good return Loretta and only cost you .50 cents for all that fun.

Lainey, do you think your headache could have been that you were dehydrated working in that heat? Do drink some water now and then. Your tasty lunch could have been a tad high in sodium, usually are when they are tasty like that. Happens to me.

Babette, hope that increasing the fat and lower the carbs works. Linda should know, she has been doing this for many a year, and always so willing to share good advice.

I have a request for any suggestions on how to tie up some cut down cedar bushes. They are not in straight lines to tie but the garbage pick up want them in bundles no wider than 2ft and no longer than 4ft. I have some twine but the task seem horrendous I don't know where to start to get going on this. Any ideas out there?

Waving to All, Louise, Julie, Sharon, Mary, Newbies, Verleen if you are reading and All in case I have forgotten some one.

Last edited by SuSUN; 05-28-2013 at 04:18 PM..
SuSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:22 PM   #15
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/163.4/130
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Lainey, are you overwatering those tomatoes? That could explain the yellowing lower leaves.

Michele gave you very good advice, Doris. You know that you pay the moving company by the pound, don't you? That is something to consider when deciding whether or not to bring food items. I did bring all of the jams, jellies, tomatoes and pickles I canned and they made the trip intact. I also brought a lot of spices because a lot of things easy to find in a big eastern city just aren't available here, BUTnow online you can get almost anything anywhere.
We used North American and they were horrible.
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:45 PM   #16

Thanks for that tip, Begete, and Michele, too........ we have never moved with an actual company before, just U-Haul truck and trailer, over 30 yrs. ago. I guess I'll just take the empty old spice cans along, and my friend in town and neighbor across the street will get some extra foods.
We are going to use Allied, Begete, they come out of Sparks, Nevada, and we will call them as soon as we sign the closing papers, tomorrow or the next day.............the title company notary is having trouble "finding us" up here, lol. And they don't realize our bank is 17 miles away.