LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2013, 07:51 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
MONDAY ROLL CALL, May 27 Memorial Day

My calendar's say Monday, May 27 is Memorial Day, but seems we used to go to the cemetary on Sunday, years ago, so not sure.

Do as you see fit, friends.
mykneesareback is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-2013, 08:24 PM   #2

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec.1997
Thanks for the start off, Doris.

Always did the cemetary thing on a Monday here. Will visit my dad's and grandfather's graves tomorrow to place flags , if the scouts haven't done it yet. They all served this country in both of the world wars.
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 06:40 AM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 174 1/2 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Summer foods- back to UP DAYS/DOWN DAYS Oct. 1, 13
Start Date: 8-3-2012 UD
checking in for the day & evenin.
bbl
Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 09:24 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Good morning all...and a blessed Memorial Day to y'all. You are so right...Memorial Day was the last Sunday in May...remember when it was called Decoration Day? The day when we decorated the veterans' graves? Then they changed it when "they" decided to make most holidays fall on Mondays. That's why we got married on the 27th, which was a Friday in 1962, because there was a race at Ascot Park Saturday night which Don had to shoot and, of course, the Indy 500 on Sunday that year which I've explained was a tradition for him to listen to on the radio. I'm not going out to the cemetery today; that place is so jammed-packed on Memorial Day. Went last year and almost couldn't find a parking spot...and I hate crowds.

Good vibes going out to the folks in upper state New York, and Vermont especially...goodness 36 inches of snow, fer crying out loud. Winter is sure hanging around this year...i guess the whole east coast is chillin'. Of course, we're not too warm out here either...well, we know fer shure Summer she is a'coming. Stay warm, folks.

Have a good day.

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 09:36 AM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/163.4/130
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Good morning...Been a very drizzling weekend, though at least it didn't rain on out town's Memorial day parade on Saturday.

I am very discouraged. I really haven't cheated at all, but both Friday and Saturday nights, I had two glasses of wine and then I was up two pounds over my lowest weight of 177.2 which held most of last week. I supposed it is mostly water, and I am down to 178.4 this morning, but that is still over a pound up without really cheating.
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:19 AM   #6

Begete, alcohol turns into glucose right away in your body, remember from back in the "old" days when you started? It will all "come out in the wash" anyway soon enough.

It's raining here, but not windy, finally, so pollens are laying low, for awhile.
Birds of all kinds are hanging around, 3 different woodpeckers, Orioles and their babies are at the hummingbird feeders, and black bird fledglings.

I should be looking through boxes of stuff to toss, but here I sit, lol. Finished most of the bike time, soccer was on, and now dh is watching LaCrosse semi finals or something like that. He is grilling pork chops later on, or old barbeque is on it's last leg.

Have as good a day as you can make it. Mary, I remember "decoration day", and people put flowers on everyone's grave, and even picnicked by the grave sites, back, long ago. Sending you hugs, in rememberance of your dear husband.

Off to finish up laundry, and doodle around with dh's deviled eggs. This is the quietist Memorial Day I've ever seen, even it here, not a soul is out. Of course, no stores up here, to draw people with sales.

You realize, don't you, it's not "just about the food".!
Old 05-27-2013, 04:10 PM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: heathern
Stats: 300/227/180
WOE: mod carb
Hi

I'm looking for a nice chatty group. Anyone a D2 ?
I got off track with my LC'g and now am having trouBle getting on track again.
heathern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 04:19 PM   #8

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
Start Date: Dec.1997
Never heard of D2, but if you are over age 50, jump in and join us. We are all on different eating plans.
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 05:34 PM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

ermm, what is a D2- any relation to R2! o ahead and hit me! I deserve it.
My simple rule is- WHEN I AM HAPPY WITH THE WAY I AM EATING- I AM EATING TOO MUCH. I love salads and soups- real easy ones- no fuss at all and it is perfect for them this time of year. String beans in a blender with curry powder served cold (can kept in the fridge) is so good... peas, asparagus, etc. work just as well.
time for tv a little and still got to close up outside. Over 1/2 the bulbs are in the round and the rest are placed where they will go in the morning. Whew, plowing by hand was a real big job but great weight losing exercise.
I am goin to weigh and measure June 1st and hit JUDDING for the rest of the summer.
bbl or t.

Old 05-27-2013, 06:02 PM   #10

I believe "D2" is a type 2 diabetic.

Heathern, commisseration we can give you, for we are all on different roads, taking sidetrips off and on our plans, and that is just the way it goes. Join hands with us, it's a bumpy ride. By the time you hit our age, you know what to do, but just don't always feel like doing it............ No person can talk you into it or out of it.

We have a weekly Exercise and Menu thread, the one's that post on them post every day, it helps some people to do that. The Roll Call is for yakking about our daily personal events and chores, join us, if you feel like it.

Just restart, whenever you want to, no rules here
Old 05-27-2013, 06:30 PM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Doris is so right...no rules here and no recriminations either....welcome Heathern, just a lot of support. pull up a keyboard and stay a while.
Mssarge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 06:53 PM   #12

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/143.6/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Thank YOU Doris for our kick off. Love the Memorial Day Avi's so colourful and poignant.

Lainey, did you find the right br* to wear for the gardening? I am looking for some new ones. Did you find any that are extra cool in the hot weather. The fatter I get the hotter I am under the elastic stuff. That gardening of yours is certainly a work out for sure. Once I get the indoors purged I can begin to turn my focus on the garden.

Hi Mary, You have been in my thoughts today girl.

Babette, I am sorry to hear of your frustration especially when you have been so good. I fell off the LC wagon so I have no excuse. I must get re focussed and get back at it soon. That is why I am hanging around in the hope of getting back at it.

Enjoy your evening All waving to everyone as lots of names I keep forgetting and don't want to offend anyone by missing one or two.
Old 05-27-2013, 07:17 PM   #13
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: heathern
Stats: 300/227/180
WOE: mod carb
Thanks all . yes I am type 2 diaBetic for some years now and am trying to clean up my carB intake as we get into June
heathern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 07:37 PM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!

Great good evenin everyone.

Doris, we talk of everthing here but I do indeed think of here as THE place to bring up our eating styles, dealing with the weighing in (I own a Dr.s weight/balance scale- cost me a fortune... I love having it but uess what? I use it a couple of times a year maybe 3 tops). At our age we have enough Dr.s visits where they weigh us so with that and our clothes fittin and just admittin to ourselves how much we are "really" eating and exercising WE KNOW!!!
I should have known what D2 was as I have been that for over 10 years but finally got it under control with a great Internist about 5 years ago. Fast food is my down fall but I can usually manage just one or two weakenings per month.
WOW, I am beat down to the ground so it is off to bed with meself with a puzzle or two and then ZZZZZ the niht away.
E.