LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2013, 08:25 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
FRIDAY'S ROLL CALL, May 24

Almost another weekend blowing itself in, friends..........
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 58504_603311283029634_1727995794_n.jpg (22.5 KB, 0 views)
mykneesareback is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2013, 09:02 PM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/163.4/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Our bridge just collapsed

I-5 bridge collapses in NW Wash.; people in water

This is how we gt to COSTCO!
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:15 PM   #3

I'm wondering if this nasty earthquake we had was from something that caused that bridge to fall, Begete???

Terrible stuff!!! And I'm afraid to go to bed now, aftershocks are scary, too.

Do you have another bridge to use to get to the mainland?
Old 05-23-2013, 11:12 PM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Just saw the bridge collapse on the news and was thinking of you when I saw it...wow! Strange to think an overloaded truck hitting the span could cause the collapse.

And then the news of tremor up north and the one off the Japanese coast...lots of stuff happening tonight.

I've pt first thing in the morning, so may not have a chance to say "good morning" so I'll say it now. It's almost morning here and it is morning in the other time zones...so good morning all...catch ya later.
Mssarge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 05:55 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tatehouse
WOE: Doing the best I can with Low Carb as a priority
Start Date: Jan, 2002
Good morning all,

Been a busy and fast week and DGS graduation ceremony is today as is his party here.

I'm done cleaning and lived through it. I get so OCD when I have company. But it will be worth it. The dog got me up at 4:30 to go out and the cat went out with us. Since it was so close to being daylight I left her out instead of chasing her. I heard her about 6 meowing to come in. She doesn't like getting up that early either. Silly cat.

Wish me luck on keeping my mouth shut while DD decorates my house for the party. She said she is going for tacky prom...She is such a creative soul and I know it will be exactly what she wants but my "decorating" will be torn to bits. It will go back together and who am I trying to impress anyway??? It is for DGS and I need to get over myself!

My guardian angel will have a big job getting his arm around my shoulder and keeping his hand over my mouth today!

Thinking of ya'll in the earthquake area and the storms and the bridge...looks like a lot going on and I'm worried about my mouth! Sheesh...

Happy weekend all...
Anne
tatehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 06:31 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 174 1/2 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Summer foods- back to UP DAYS/DOWN DAYS Oct. 1, 13
Start Date: 8-3-2012 UD
Good morning everyone. Thanks Doris.

Rain drops chased me back into the house- was sitting at my table in the drive-way enjoying my coffee and petting the cats.
Gladys- used the baking soda last night when heart burn woke me after about 4 hours sleep. Worked perfectly.
I see the sun is peekin out so I should get the day rolling and start on the cukes and then the daffs/lillys. Will start some laundry and empty/re-load the dishwasher on my breaks. The kitties are fed their Meow Mix- Aaunt Jane and fresh shrimp juice also for Aaunt Jane and the steamed shrimp for Lady SuSun who does not stop singing from the moment I put the frozen shrimp into the pan till it gets peeled and chopped into her dish. Then of course I see their little butts and back paws as they dance on out with not a thank you or kiss my paw or nothin! Course when I sit down with my coffee- up on the table they leap and let me pet them with SuSun sitting on my lap and Aaunt Jane streached out on the table- that is thanks a plenty for me.
I bought Hebrew Nat'l dogs and some buns yesterday for my Memorial week end foods. Oh, and a little tin of chilli so I am all set. As much as I love fast food I am getting so scared of what might be in the stuff so I would rather buy ingrediants and make my own.
Back outside with meself as the sun seems to be staying this time out.
bbl

Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 07:23 AM   #7

Earthquake aftershocks, while in bed, make the bed feel as though you are lying on top of jell-O, lol. The news services are here in Greenville, usually they don't know anything about us, sort of funny.

Later, friends, have to do the bike, take care of yourselves.
Old 05-24-2013, 08:39 AM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: birdlady
Start Date: june03
Feeling fine this morning so nothing was hurt from the fall,just shaken. lol
Sunny and 76,nice.Been having lots of rain.
DD is doing fine,hurts after her excerise that she must do with her arm.She hates her pain pills but can't do without them.
Glad puppy seems fine, Mary.
BBL
birdlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:05 AM   #9

Good, Gladys, and I wondered how your DD was doing by now, also...........

We are still getting those dumb aftershocks, people's gun racks are falling off the walls, lol. Pets are hiding out, and the grocery store had cleanup, haven't heard about the drugstore yet, they had lots of glass gift items in there. China closet loss was heavy at some homes, my junk is ok though.

See yah later, we got the appraisal, and it looks like we can handle this one, unless something "unforseen" suddenly comes into the picture.

to anyone that needs them.

You realize, don't you, it's not "just about the food".!
Old 05-24-2013, 10:16 AM   #10

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/143.6/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Oh my, lots of shaken going on. Glad to hear everyone is okay!
When you look at the weather channel these days it looks like the bible prophecies of some sort. LOL! Maybe we need to build an Ark? I wonder if that is why we have the space station up there?

Thank you for our start Doris, Love the poster joke. I had better not visit there. Struggling with the weight loss as it is.

Babette, so sorry you lost your bridge. Yikes, will that mean more boat trips?

Anne, hope all goes smoothly today for the Grad Celebrations. That is hilarious re your guardian angel's long arm.

Lainey, You sure get your daily workouts in your garden. I did a tiny bit of weeding yesterday as we have had fine rain to soften the ground. A tip I learned from You and Babette.

DD is running again in the Marathon on Sunday. She hopes to improve her time, as they always do. She has been training hard for months now.
DGD is still competing again on Saturday in Quebec so another busy weekend for them.
DS is still here with me working lots on his pc in the basement office. He leaves for CA and Vegas this week for 3 weeks, another convention and hotel contact work.
I have declined lots of work. I am really slowing down the number of days I work now. I selected to work Fathers Day as the young ones want to be with their families so I can work that in June. So I am really paring back now.

I have cupboards sorting on my agenda today so hopefully more junk to ditch as I go. Ha!
Old 05-24-2013, 02:38 PM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Finally made it back home after pt and stopping at Sizzler's for lunch...they added a marvelous salad to the mix; raw broccoli with bacon in a semi-sweet sauce...'twas delicious but I couldn't eat too much as I'd already had two tacos but I wil definitely try to imitate that, just not sure of what kind of dressing to put on it. A raspberry vinaigrette might work although theirs was a white dressing...probably just sweetened mayo.

Didn't sleep much last night as Snoopy was whining most of the night...poor little thing, probably in a lot of pain. I gave her pain meds twice during the night figuring she needs 'em more than twice a day now in the beginning....will taper off but my heart goes to her. The chest was shaved and she has two drains in the neck where they removed the tumor. Now, of course, trying to keep her from scratching at 'em.

Physical therapy was a hoot today...they increased the reps on most of my exercises and added a couple of new ones. Another therapist manipulated the back and discovered "the trigger spot" and it seems to be muscles, rather than the arthur itis in the spine...that is a revelation so now I'll start working on building the back muscles.

Doris, those aftershocks can be more unnerving than the primary tremor so I know what you're going through...and congrats on qualifying for the house. We'll keep our fingers crossed that nothing else comes up to queer the deal.

Babette, I understand the bridge on I-5 is not the one to your island but is on the way from Whidby Island to Seattle...correct? Hope it doesn't create too much of a problem for you but I can imagine what traffic must be like on this holiday weekend. Take care and try to stay off the roads.

Hope all are doing fine and you are having a great day...I'll probably just mope around the house for the next few days, taking care of the pooch and giving the other tail-waggers a huge heaping of love.

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Old 05-24-2013, 03:12 PM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/163.4/130
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Mary, you are correct. It wasn't the bridge to Seattle. Much worse....it was the bridge to COSTCO!
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 03:17 PM   #13

And BOY OH BOY, I feel your pain, Begete!!!
Not life and death, but still of importance, especially living where you do, in the hinterlands when it comes to shopping and good prices!!!

We had to fax some MORE paperwork again, this time to help finalize the loan, and get ready for closing..............good grief!!! I still say they will ask for blood tests and stool samples next.
Old 05-24-2013, 04:02 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: modon69478
Stats: 143/134.0/118
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
Friday:

B: cheddar stick, coffee
L: multi-grain flat round w/smoked turkey & cheddar, LC beer
D: L/O curried lamb w/asparagus, diet tonic
Snack: SF jello w/squirt wh crm
modon69478 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 04:53 PM   #15
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Doug_H
Stats: 265/203/ Under 200
WOE: Low Carb/Keepin' it simple
Start Date: Oct 99
Babette, Costco is in Burlington, just north of the bridge, non issue other than more traffic assuming you drive around the Anacortes route.

The bridge is the main I-5 North/South route from the Canadian border to Seattle/LA etc...

Just wanted to add that, that I-5 Canadian Border crossing is the busied in the country.

Doug

Last edited by Doug_H; 05-24-2013 at 05:04 PM..
Doug_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 08:04 PM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I can believe that as Vancouver is one of the most beautiful cities that I've seen....hopefully they'll find a stopgap temporary fix quickly.
Old 05-24-2013, 08:15 PM   #17

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
Start Date: Dec.1997
Bummer on that bridge Babette. It seems that an over sized truck hit some over head supports and caused that.

Doris, heard about that earth quake. Good grief. Hope the aftershocks aren't too bad.

Gladys, so good to learn that nothing is broken and you are OK. Whew!!

Hi to Doug, Lainey, Mary, Susan, Anne, Michelle and all who lurk.

Got a nice e mail from Verleen. They will be moving soon and looking forward to it, once the dust has settled. She will be taking some of her landscaping plants, one is a beautiful primrose lilac. Awesome yellow lilac.
Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr

As Jack Nicholson said in the Bucket List "Somewhere right now, some lucky B*st*rd is having a heart attack"
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 08:42 PM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
I'm still alive. I was caught up with a series on net flex and just couldn't leave it alone. Monarch of the Glen. It was sure good.
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote