Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
MONDAY ROLL Call, May 20

Let's ROLL, friends...................
mykneesareback is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2013, 12:37 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ocali
Why did I wake up at 3 a.m.? This is the second night I've had trouble sleeping through.
It looked like last night was the finale of Call the Midwife. I didn't want it to end. But, glad that Sister Bernadette (Shelaigh) left the Sisters to marry the doctor.
Hope to be back later....
ocali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:31 AM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: birdlady
Start Date: june03
I woke up at 3:30 so had a half hour more than you Julie. Off to be with DD for her surgery this morning.Greg came from Houston last night to be with her,thought that was sweet.We'll see if big brother shows up.
BBL
birdlady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 05:26 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
Just showing my face for the notices.

Gladys- DD surg? did I miss a post?
ALL asparaus are in!!! Today is squash and the neihbors hundreds of daffs and a few of his lillys. THEN in the ground with those TOMS and begin clean up in the back yard- BIG job!
bbl
Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 06:45 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tatehouse
WOE: Doing the best I can with Low Carb as a priority
Start Date: Jan, 2002
I cried like a BABY in Midwife last night. Any of you who know me know I am not much of a crier. But Chummy's predicament made me very nervous. Poor ole thing. I am glad Sister Bernadette went with her heart. DD says there is no season three as yet but that doesn't mean there won't be. I sure hope there is.

Today starts my summer with Maggie. oy VEY! I hope I'm up to it. And the DGS graduation party is Friday so this will be a busy week.

Have a great week everyone...

Anne
tatehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:18 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Good morning all...yep! up a bit earlier than usual 'cause I'm off to pt soon. Time to check in, wake up, feed the tail-waggers and I'm off. We've temps back in the mid-90's today but I guess Summer isn't here yet as we're cooling back off. I've seen some Memorial Days where the temps climbed way above 100, so I'm appreciating this relative coolth.

Prayers and good vibes going out to all who need them...both our friends here, and those in my Central Plains where the twisters are wreaking havoc again. I guess it's going to be as bad today as yesterday. Hope all are safe.

Gotta run, have a great day.

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:31 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: modon69478
Stats: 143/133.2/118
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
Anne, I was so glad there was a happy ending to 'Midwife'. I was holding my breath there after all the 'Downton' drama.

Have a good day everyone,
Michele
modon69478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:16 AM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
I didn't realize that last night was the finale for Call the Midwife until I kept waiting for scenes from next week and there weren't any! There better be another season. IMHO this is the best TV I have ever seen.

We had a disaster yesterday. I have an old samovar made from brass that has been in my family for over 200 years. It survived the progroms in Russia, and lengthy move to America, but apparently could not survive two kittens. They knocked it off an antique Victrola and when it crashed to the floor, the base got so bent it is now crooked.

Anyone know what kind of tradesperson can fix this if it can be fixed?
Old 05-20-2013, 08:34 AM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
OMG- yes but in Manhattan. Begete- have you tried "Bing" yet! WOW amazing. Call your local museum- antique dealers- you know like that. Those two boys are letting their little personalities run rampant- time you sit them down for a talking too followed by all over kisses and chin and head scraches and belly rubs. Donner and Blittzen are sounding like pretty good names to me.
Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:00 AM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

Lainey, thinking along the lines of Mayhem and Havoc.
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:00 AM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
I'm sad to see Call the Midwife has finished for the season as well. I agree with Bagete it is a wonderful story. I was glad to see the end ending well but sad to know the building will be torn down. I was glad to see Jamie is now on the back burner and a new love is starting for nurse. She looked so happy on the back of that scooter. Something new will be starting for Masterpiece Theater ?? Wonder what it will be?

Now that breakfast is over I need to get myself moving. Need to pay a bill and maybe head for some groceries. That will be about all for today. I'm sure the boys will get a walk in there somewhere.

Have a nice Monday if you can.

"Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it.”
Eckhart Tolle

Sharon
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:24 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

@ Michele...ain't it the truth!

I know we have a new season of Inspector Lewis to look forward to. Only 6 shows of that and it will be the last of that show, too. I think...I do enjoy Inspector Lewis.

Seems like a long wait for season 4 of Downton!

Maggie just slipped into a nap...not on purpose as it happens but I was glad to see her resting!

Anne
Old 05-20-2013, 01:01 PM   #13
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
It was 32 degrees up here, but turned warmer by lunchtime. dh wore himself to a frazzle trying to mow half the yard of weeds/grass, and the old machine is pooping out, same as he is. Another reason to get our buns out of here.

I've never seen any of those shows, are they meant for women only? Wonder if Doug watches, lol?

Begete, what IS that thing the cats knocked over, do you have a picture? I'd like to see your Victrola, I have one that is a table model one, found under a house, sitting on the dirt foundation, from my sister in law. She was going to toss it into the garbage.

Still making copies and faxing stuff to the loan people, the new roof has been put on the house though, and I have names of companies to order gas and electric from, there is cable, but we will stick with Dish Network for now. Tired of all the pre stuff, and won't know until the appraisal if we will get the house.

Gladys, wishing your daughter well with the shoulder surgery, forgot it was today from when you told us.

You realize, don't you, it's not "just about the food".!
Old 05-20-2013, 01:30 PM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
Hello again. Temp is up and we are still inside with the fans. Plan now is to wait until the breeze starts up later.

Doris we have a Thomas A Edison phonograph. It play's 2 min or 4 min roller records and over 100 years old. He found a box full of the records along with 2 large horns with it in an old abandon house. We bring it out once in a while and listen to some of them. One I like to play is "Over There". That song reminds me of my Grampa.

Time to make up some chicken salad.
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 03:25 PM   #15
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: birdlady
Start Date: june03
The surgery went well ,the mother almost killed the Dr. but decided not until he got paid.lol Every question I asked was answered with we will see.Grrrr I hate DRs.She has a lot of Arthur in her shoulder (but should not keep her from work),he said too much for a fifty yr. old or a seventy yr old.
Big bro.did show up,good boy,we must have done something right.The nurses said most people don't have many people come with them.This kid has been put under too many times not to be concerned.Little bro. went back to Houston this afternoon.
Got a long nap in after we came home.
BBL
Old 05-20-2013, 03:26 PM   #16
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Doug_H
Stats: 265/203/ Under 200
WOE: Low Carb/Keepin' it simple
Start Date: Oct 99
Doris, NO, I'm not interested in that stuff.

I like the travel channel, HGTV, Food Network, Discovery channel, etc...
Doug_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 04:13 PM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Doug, you would love Inspector Lewis...my late husband loved it...
Old 05-20-2013, 05:32 PM   #18

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/143.6/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Anne, Yes my DH too, but then again he loved the old Morse show when Lewis was his side kick.

Had a good day at work. My energy levels are up again, I ploughed through tons of work. I guess my 'mind' is returning back to me. Hah!
I don't know where it has been for the past two years.

It seems everyone up here enjoyed Victoria Day. Families BBQing and out at the Parks and such. I worked for the Stat pay.

Seems the Senators our local hockey team won their game last night so one more game to see if they stay in for the play offs. Lots of support all around, people wearing their jerseys and those little flags things flying in the wind on the cars. I don't follow them but the City is all excited about it.

Sharon, What a find that phonograph was huh? Is "Over There" referring to over the pond by any chance?

All the shows will be back in full force soon enough to keep us busy over the Winter months. We need to know what happened to Bates and Anna right?

Waving to All and hope to BBT...
Old 05-20-2013, 05:54 PM   #19

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Doug, I think you and my dh would get along fine!

I'd love to hear and see your Edison phonograph, Sharon. I have some of those old 78's where only one side had a recording, but we found all that stuff in the old barn at the place they moved us to in Fowler, near Fresno, when we immigrated here. What other songs do you have, and do you keep the records and phonograph in a cool, dry place, lol. As they say.............
I'm weird, I love the sound of those old recordings, because of the history behind them. Never met another soul who likes that, my dh tolerates it, barely.

Susan, glad you got some good holiday pay today!! Your energy has been sapping probably partly from depression , it affects so many in different ways, of course you know all of that stuff.

Anne, you are surely getting busier by the week, and seems as though your life is more enjoyable lately, too, being with family and friends.

Gladys, glad to hear the surgery went as well as it can be, now hoping for a good recovery and that your DD can go back to work, finish out and get a good pension!! I hate to deal with doctor's, too, but, I couldn't have done the liver transplant surgery for my husband myself, sometimes you gotta trust someone.

Lainey, did you get the rest of your gardening and watering done today? How is your weed whacker doing, my husband had to put his to it's final rest today!! It was fairly old and well used, wore out.

SoCal Mary, hope the PT went ok and not too painfully today.

Julie, where is your daughter that is on that cruise now?

Michele, hope you are not having too much weird weather action there, maybe it just "skimmed" you. Do you have one of those special radio's that squawks when a bad event is on it's way? I'm wondering about getting one.

Have a few more sheets of forms that need to be signed and faxed back to the loan office, that danged VA is something else, surprised they haven't asked my husband for a piece of f e c e s yet, for DNA or something. I'm going to write to some one about all the stuff they want for a loan from them, seems petty things are important to them.

Off to do some work on here, lol. Good Night!
Old 05-20-2013, 08:16 PM   #20
Blabbermouth!!!

We really liked the Inspector Morse series, but didn't care for the inspector Lewis series.

Will try to take a photo of my poor samovar tomorrow Doris.
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote