LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2013, 08:32 PM   #1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Saturday may 18, 2013

Starting us off really early Friday night for Saturday as we will be gone all day.

The world famous Heronswood nursery and garden is reopening tomorrow in Kingston, WA after having been purchased last year by one of the tribes.

It's a two hour drive, but I have never been there.

Have a great day everyone,
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2013, 09:35 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
Thank you Begete. Marking my spot for tomorrow. See everyone then.
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:51 PM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
Sounds like a lovely nursery, Begete, wonder if you will make a purchase or two??

Hi Sharon!

See you all in the AM, it's going to be 35 degrees here.
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 03:53 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
Good morning and thanks Begete for start out.

OH, I love nurserys- big ones and darling little supprise ones you wander into along lifes ways.
A big pour down woke me up this mornin at 4:30 ish. I got 1/2 of those asparagus into the ground yesterday but it was late in the day so I was moving in slo mo... hoping later today I will move much faster and get the cukes and yellow crooked neck and straight squash into the ground. My tomatoes are in giant pots and could really be left in them but when I started digging to plant them I hit two very old petrified stumps with of prolly 40 or more years of azaleas so I went on to other things but will pick a new place for the toms or OSH- I dunno!
It is just starting to get light so I'll go ahead and start my day for real!

Gladys, I am so sorry to hear of the great sadness of everyone that knew or just knew of Miya. 14 years old is so very tender an age for a young lady and the grief everyone is feeling has to be in the extreme. Please know that G*d stays very close to the broken hearted.
Elaine

Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 06:45 AM   #5

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/141/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Quote:
Gladys, I am so sorry to hear of the great sadness of everyone that knew or just knew of Miya. 14 years old is so very tender an age for a young lady and the grief everyone is feeling has to be in the extreme. Please know that G*d stays very close to the broken hearted.
Elaine
Gladys, Lainey says it well. You know our T & P are with that family at this very difficult time.

A sunny Saturday up here with a gorgeous clear blue sky. I have some laundry outdoors drying already. I have a young guy coming round to aerate my lawns between noon and 4pm so I am staying put today. Nothing too heavy on my agenda.

Waving and Hugs to All...Hope to bbl...
SuSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 08:57 AM   #6

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec.1997
Thanks for the start off, Babette. Have fun at the Nursary.

Lainey you said it all.

Hi to Susan, Doris, Sharon and all who follow.

Heading out to the grocery store then will get busy looking at RV parks for a little get away.
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 09:20 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/155/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Good morning all...it's Saturday, so nothing planned for me except a couple loads of washing...sheets and towels. Have a good day folks..
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 10:54 AM   #8
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Doug_H
Stats: 265/203/ Under 200
WOE: Low Carb/Keepin' it simple
Start Date: Oct 99
Hi all,

Gladys, wishing you and family the best.

We had a 10 by 24 foot patio cover added on to the back of the house this past week. Jo and I are busy painting.

Doug
Doug_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 11:42 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ocali
I went to Lowe's this morning and bought 5 bags of river rock to spread. I thought I'd have more than enough but it doesn't even cover half of where I want to spread it. So, tomorrow back to Lowe's for 6 more hoping it will be enough. I had to have a neighbor man take it out of my trunk and I hate to ask him again. Those bags are heavy!!
ocali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 02:24 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tatehouse
WOE: Doing the best I can with Low Carb as a priority
Start Date: Jan, 2002
Hey, had trouble getting on the site this morning and this is the first time I could get back. I have been starting the process of having folks in the house for the graduation party on Friday. I have to put things in their proper places...especially my office...which has become a dumping ground I hate to say.

Anyway, wishing you all a good Saturday...thoughts and prayers for your family, Gladys.

Anne
tatehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 02:55 PM   #11

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/141/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
The young guy came to aerate my lawns not bad $35 both back and front. The same guy cleaned my windows inside and out with his brother. They are both at University so working the summer to pay their way. Great to see this in the younger generation and I sure appreciate their help too.

I took out the bottom oven drawer earlier this afternoon. I could not believe how long it took me to clean and replace some of the baking ware. I did throw some out and put some items down the basement. So more room in there now and all sparkly clean.
I cleaned the drawer on the deck with several washes to get the grease and crumbs out. It dried in the sunshine and fresh air. It will be good for a while now.

Then started on the BBQ. I love hot soapy water...but my nails don't. I always start a job and then remember Rubber gloves! I guess this sunny weather has given me Spring cleaning fever or something.

I have the vacuum brushes in soak with laundry detergent and hot water, as they were getting quite cloggy. Is that a word? Hah! I have my kitchen and tiles all vacuumed and steam cleaned too. I have not had this much energy in ages. I am grateful for it.

I hear ya Anne about the dumping ground. I have one small bedroom for that and of course my pc desk gets the mail and papers, even though I have a waste paper bin beside my desk.

Juile, Do make sure you have that male neighbour help you lift those heavy bags. You don't want any slipped discs happening.

Gladys, My thoughts have been with your family this weekend. Sending loving thoughts and that they will find peace soon.

Wow, Doug, You could hold a party under that canvas. WTGG!

Mary, Did you manage to get your laundry done and put away. I did 3 loads today. I managed to dry them outdoors as it was a good drying day today.
One load was dog bedding so always good to dry them outdoors to air them out and blow away the dog hairs.

Linda, What neck of the woods are you looking at for your little trip?

Thank you Babette for our opening today. Did you get to the nursery today? What kind of plants did you pick up?

Waving at Sharon, Michele, Loretta, and All...
Old 05-18-2013, 04:15 PM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/155/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
I'm back after a trip to the mall...decided to have breakfast out so went to one of our local joints and had biscuit & gravy for the first time in ages....not as good as my gravy but it's hard to make for one person.

Then decided to go to the mall for a walkabout and wound up seeing the new Star Trek movie...may this crew of the Enterprise live long and prosper. I really enjoyed it, though it did stretch the imagination a bit; but what else is Star Trek supposed to do? Loved Simon Pegg as Scotty and the other actors were believable, too.

Then, of course, because I was at the mall I had to stop in at Macy's and pick up my "Got your 6" pin...it's a promotion ran by a lo6 of companies to show support for our service members. "6" being a reference to your back...It's a good promotion and worthy of the support. Of course, anything having to do with support for our troops has my total support.

Unfortunately, or fortunately, depending how you look at it, the stop at Macy's was a bit costly as I found some great turquoise which called my name so I had to buy it but they shur are purty!!!!

Hope you're having a great day...

Patience and Persistence not perfection

Last edited by Mssarge; 05-18-2013 at 04:16 PM..
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 07:04 PM   #13
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Doug_H
Stats: 265/203/ Under 200
WOE: Low Carb/Keepin' it simple
Start Date: Oct 99
SuSUN, I should say roof. We had the patio and just put a house attached roof over it.

Doug
Doug_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 08:38 PM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
We just had a nice quiet day today. We did get out with the boys for a little walk at a park across town. Then a ride around the back roads through a couple of close towns before heading back on the freeway and home. That's about all for today.
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote