Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   The Golden Years (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/)
-   -   Wed. May 15 Roll Call (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/golden-years/804160-wed-may-15-roll-call.html)

LoveMontana 05-14-2013 08:10 PM

Wed. May 15 Roll Call

There is always hope. ;)
http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/7124/3791d.jpg

Just a kick start out the door for Wed.

mykneesareback 05-14-2013 08:15 PM

Now that is sure cute, Linda!! As long as it has a potty, lol. :hyst:

It's getting late, don't know where this day has gone to, still have laundry to fold. Tomorrow early AM, finally get to my eye appt., need new glasses, tired of the old frames, for one thing. Don't even know what's in "style", as if that matters to a 66 yr. old broad, lol.

Have a pleasant evening, if you are still up.

mykneesareback 05-14-2013 09:19 PM

Does anyone know why, on each thread, when you look at the number of Views, it's usually a huge number, way higher than the number of people we have on the boards..........who are all of those viewers? One would think at least one or two would actually post, lol. I've wondered about this for several years. Linda just posted the new thread, and there are over 40 views already, and alot of folks back East are in bed, usually, it lowers by now. Odd.............and, no, I'm not sitting here, drinking, lol. :stars:

Good Night, friends!

Begete 05-14-2013 10:26 PM

Linda, how apropos. Starting at noon Wednesday we will not have water til noon Saturday, as the pump that pumps our community water assn water from the aquifer is being replaced. So we may have to move into our motor home and drive to a friend's house to hook up to their water and electric.

Doris, the number of views likely is due to bots that roam the Internet representing various information collectors.

This water crisis is getting very old.....started last Friday.

weezie 05-15-2013 04:14 AM

Hi all-

Begete, what a PITA! Whenever we have thunderstorms here I pray that the power stays on. We have well water and if the electricity is out, no water because the pump won't run. I hope that pump replacement schedule runs more quickly than expected.

Off to my second chemo today. My remaining hair looks like a bad comb over, but my wig is due to arrive Friday. Will post before & after pictures if I have the nerve.

Hope you all have a lovely day!

-Louise

ocali 05-15-2013 04:39 AM

I'm here early this a.m. Being picked up at 10:30 for a ride quite a ways to the Villages (which Susan may be familiar with) for lunch at a restaurant called The Margarita Republic. It sounds fun; we'll see. I think 12 of us are going.
Louise, my next door neighbor is starting chemo for Hodgkins Lymphoma next week and expects to lose her hair. I'd really be interested to see your before/after pics.
I'd better get started picking out what to wear. I think white slacks and a blue sleeveless top. We'll see.....lol.

Norfolk Mermaid 05-15-2013 05:26 AM

Gonna get real hot or to me anyhow LOW 80's

but it is always higher than they say in the AM so I gotta get out there and sink ALL my plantlets into the ground. I measured the 18" apart for the asparagus tinsey little fernlets- WOW do I need that much room side to side... sheesh they never ive directions all the way!!!!
Anyhew, sleeping the afternoon yesterday doubles the chores today with weed whacking a must- NOW! Where did I put my tiara!
Louise, you and Bob are on my mind and in my heart!
bbl

tatehouse 05-15-2013 07:00 AM

Can't believe it is Wednesday already!!

Maggie graduates from PreK on Friday and my summer begins. Oy vey!

Just saying hello to everyone.
Anne

mykneesareback 05-15-2013 07:05 AM

Julie, how is your daughter's cruise going now, with the "Heave Ho's", I mean?

Wishing you well, Louise, and how is your hubby doing?

Be back later, rushing off. Begete, how much longer with the water issue??

Norfolk Mermaid 05-15-2013 07:22 AM

I guess those fernlets are 18" circumference- I have the room so that is what I'll do.
bbl

SuSUN 05-15-2013 08:48 AM

WTG Lainey on getting those plantlets in. I would love to grow a few veggies. Asparagus yum. Do you grow that from seed?:clap:

Oh Mary, What a heck of time with that darn pc. At least you know what to do. I wouldn't know where to start. I sure hope you can resolve that problem it must be frustrating to say the least.:dunno::stars:

Doris, they must be just lurkers or bots what ever they are that Babette said. Care to 'splain Babette? :confused:

Julie, Enjoy your outing. I have never been to the Villages but my friend rented a place the previous Winter there for 2 months as she golfs. I know where it is situated though. Should be lots of fun. How are you doing this week?

Anne, Wow another year has flown by and you have a little grad on your hands.

Louise, Thinking of you today as you get another chemo treatment. I think you will love your wig. I know lots of ladies that have them for chemo and they continue to use them afterwards. They look so real these days even better than our own hair. Do they offer the make up lessons too, all worth it to make us feel good.:up::heart:

A Perfect 5th Wheel Linda for sure!;):clap:

Wishing All a pleasant day! We have thunderbumpers happening up here right now. Not sure about the Walk in the woods with DD is still on for 1pm.:dunno:

Mssarge 05-15-2013 09:11 AM

Good morning all...20 degrees cooler this morning than it's been, so it is definitely cooling off...come on May Gray!! Whatever I've done to the 'puter has cleared some of my problems but the added toolbars and popups are driving me crazy...as if I wasn't crazy enough.

We decided not to go to the dinner last night...Tina, my friend and longtime cohort, wasn't too excited about it so neither was I'...I've know Tina for about 20 years now, she was also at Fort Irwin during my time there and then she was here at the BC (Broadcasting Center) when I came back...

Doris, I'm sure some of those numbers are bots as Linda suggested but I'm sure some are LCF's overseas...on the JUDDD board there are several from Europe and Australia who chime in occasionally. I wish some of their golden oldies would peep in here, too.

I've Nadine coming today to do some cleaning and maybe we'll get the dogs washed, too. My escape artist dog has found a new hole under the fence at the top of the hill. Yesterday I tried to close it up and had to sit down 'cause it's so steep and then "fanny bump" my way back down the hill....it's steep but only about 15 feet high. Dang! I hate this getting old...now I'll have to ask N to put something there to block it.

Gotta go...get some laundry in before N gets here (held off during the heat wave)...BBL if I can. Have a great day!!!

Shalbrihil 05-15-2013 10:50 AM

:hiya:

LoveMontana 05-15-2013 03:14 PM

Yup, those extra views are either people from other countries lurking or bots.

Internet bots, also known as web robots, WWW robots or simply bots, are software applications that run automated tasks over the Internet.

birdlady 05-15-2013 03:22 PM

Miya passed away a few minutes ago,please keep her family in your T&P.

LoveMontana 05-15-2013 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by birdlady (Post 16426168)
Miya passed away a few minutes ago,please keep her family in your T&P.

Oh Gladys, our thoughts and prayers are with you and her family.:sad:

modon69478 05-15-2013 03:25 PM

I'm so sorry, Gladys - Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.

Michele

Shalbrihil 05-15-2013 03:30 PM

Gladys so sorry to here of your granddaughters passing. Her suffering is over. Bless her heart. Prayers to you and your family.

Norfolk Mermaid 05-15-2013 03:40 PM

Gladys Dear, so very sad to hear this tragic news.

My condolences for you and C. and all that knew and loved beautiful Miya.
Elaine:aprayer:

ocali 05-15-2013 04:37 PM

Gladys, please accept my sincere condolences on Miya's passing. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Loretta V 05-15-2013 05:08 PM

So sorry to hear that Gladys. Your family is in my prayers.

weezie 05-15-2013 06:04 PM

Gladys, I am so sorry to hear this. May you all find healing and peace. There is another star in heaven this day.

mykneesareback 05-15-2013 06:12 PM

I am so very sorry to hear this news, Gladys. Peace be with Miya, and condolences to her whole family.

Begete 05-15-2013 08:50 PM

My deepest condolences to you and your family, Gladys.

Mssarge 05-15-2013 10:48 PM

My thoughts and prayers are with you and yours too, Gladys...my heart goes out to you.