mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-2013, 09:18 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoveMontana
Stats: 5'1" 155/ 100/112. Not bad for an old gal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec.1997
Thanks for the start Doris. Was going to do it, but you beat me too it.

Tomorrow I'm off to visit mom and pick up some Italian Sausage I ordered from The Reliable market. It's the best we ever had, so I ordered 5 lbs and will get more if they have it.
LoveMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:37 PM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Grrrrr. Our community well pump has failed and the 35 homes in the assn are prohibited from using any non essential water. No bathing, watering plats, laundry, etc.

Anyone want 4 houseguests, two with tails, two without?
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:45 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ocali
Begete, c'mon down!
ocali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:24 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tatehouse
WOE: Doing the best I can with Low Carb as a priority
Start Date: Jan, 2002
Come to GA, Babette...all the cats can play!

Going to be a beautiful day here. I am taking Ziva to be groomed today to get ready for our trip on Thursday. I'll be gone till Sunday if I am missing in action. Know I'll be back and am ok.

Anne
tatehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:17 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: birdlady
Start Date: june03
Sunny and 61,nice day.
C. let the horses out and fed the cats but he doesn't do stalls,he was out early this morning.I'm still lazing around.
Tuesday is trash day,got that put together last night.You never know how early they will come,glad nothing got into it.
No plans for today,but something will show up.
BBL
birdlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:47 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Good morning all...cloudy, wet and cold here and today's the day puppy goes to the vet to be snipped and chipped. All I've got to do is get him into the kennel for the trip.

We'll see what else the day brings...hope you all have a great one.
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:37 AM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
Good Tuesday AM. Thanks Doris for start out.

And tuesday begins in the Merry, Merry Month of May.
Begete, good old Virginny awaits. Course I haft to hang you and John on a nail someplace. Did you ever name the boys? Anyway they will sleep with me and "Danger" & "Caios" will be forced to live in the yard and garage (has cat door) or potting shed (also has cat door) . Cat wars are not good at our ages. Don't you still have an RV? Is there a RV park near by? Any idea how long for repairs to the well?
It is very warm here today so I just changed into a cooler top. Don't have the urge to garden this morning but will find something to eat and get my no good self out there.
Julie- any word on that cruise ship? Scarey for sure.
Doris- soooo sad about that roof problem and that apartment plot is sounding better and better.
Make the day special anyway you are able.
Hey! to the rest.
bbl

Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:48 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
I'm still laughing Mary! Now I'll be telling my Dh I'm heading for the outhouse every time I go out there with my laptop.

Day looks nice and we need to do some shopping so looks like we'll be getting out of the house for a while. Going to do a doggie walk somewhere in the mix as well.

Doris to you and Dh. I know this is a frustrating time for you both.

Julie keeping positive thoughts that your loved ones will be safe from virus on their cruise. I know how scary that is.

Well just finished my healthified hot cereal for breakfast so best start my Tuesday. Cya later.

"Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it.”
Eckhart Tolle

Sharon
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:29 AM   #10

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
It's been pouring rain all morning, very pleasant to listen to.

Begete, that's terrible, annoying stuff with the water issue, didn't that happen once before? You are right to be "bugged" by it, hope it improves sooner than thought.

Mary, hope the vet trip goes smoothly and doesn't cost too much, does your vet do "senior discounts"?

Sharon, have a good day, getting out and seeing actual people and places, lol.

Lainey, hope the garden work doesn't wear you out, but at least you have water.

Julie, I've been wondering about your daughter's cruise, too.

Anne, have a safe trip!

Linda, enjoy your visit with your Mom and that Italian sausage, too!

I need to call mother in law about taking her out, her birthday is Saturday, she will be 84, lives 2 hrs. away, down in the valley.

The roof will be looked at today by some other dude, we are still submitting papers for the loan. No renting for us, that would require more moving, and more money, and it won't happen. I've never rented in my life, would be sort of odd feeling, not to put pictures on the wall and stuff, lol.

Off to head for the bank to have more papers faxed to Texas...........and so it goes.

Waving at those not here yet.

You realize, don't you, it's not "just about the food".!
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:13 AM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

What a bummer!!! Not only is the weather the pits with intermittent showers and the skies dark and gloomy, but I took the kennel to the car to transport puppy to the vets and he knew something was up...I couldn't get within a leash length of him, nor would he come anywhere near me until I gave up and brought the kennel back in....then he was all over me. They can read our minds, I'm sure. Now I'm at the point of giving up...if he won't come or mind me there is no way I can keep him. What would happen if we were in a really dangerous situation and I couldn't get him to come to me.
I know other peoples' problems are much worse than this but I just hate to give up on something and, of course, he's already a part of my heart..don't know what to do.

Too dark to go anywhere and won't travel on our freeways in this rain, so stuck with nothing to do...good thing's it's a down day (in all ways) so won't hit the booze or the food to compensate...excuse the whine...just waiting for the sun to come back out and raise the mood.

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Old 05-07-2013, 11:19 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ocali
Thanks for asking, Lainey and Doris. Heard from DD today. She says everything is the same--different restrictions in place. She says not too much to do and they're hoping it gets all straightened out soon. They don't get to San Diego til a week from Thursday. I wonder if they'll get some sort of compensation.
I am watching/waiting for the jury's decision on the Jody Arias case.
ocali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:27 AM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: modon69478
Stats: 143/133.6/118
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
Mary, Can you bring the crate inside, put some food in the crate, and wait for the dog to go inside to check it out? Then close the door quietly behind him and put him (and the crate) in the car?

Or, put some food in a bowl, and while he's eating, quietly place the leash on him? Then you can bring him out to the car.

If he doesn't have a comfort level with either the leash or the crate, you might want to do some practicing in the house. Just let him explore the crate and/or let him walk around the house with the leash on him. It won't take long to desensitize him and you'll be able to take him where ever he needs to go. You can do this girl! Don't give up!

Send a PM, if you would like any other ideas -

Michele
modon69478 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 12:18 PM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: birdlady
Start Date: june03
Mary,go to the vet and get him a happy pill,also have some on hand for other times.Good luck,if you give up on him it will bug you forever.
birdlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 12:31 PM   #15

Gallery: Loretta V
Stats: 140/118/120
WOE: Low Carb & Modified JUDDD Jan. 2012
Start Date: July 2001/ Low Carb Friends 9/2001
Mary try Gladys' idea. Give it another try. Then try Michele's idea. and if that doesn't work try to look online for an idea.

Hope to be checking in a little more frequently. I have brought my lap top to John's house. I need to quit running back and forth. No news yet on if the buyer has come up with a buyer for his place. After that happens we might make some changes when John has to move from this place to another.
Loretta V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 01:07 PM   #16
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
Mary, Is it a big doggie?

I know you have said before but I don't remember. Do all the things mentioned but first that pill is the best... the leash training can take some time and you can do that at leasure. I saw a show once about dog training and the breed does make a difference and we were shown with actual dogs. The professional breeder said that dogs DO NOT respond to words- they read the tiniest inflection in your voice and I think face- he then showed by telling a dog in his sternest voice that "I love you and you are the best dog in the world... the dog slunk down to floor and was whimpering. He then used his sweetest and kindest soft voice that he was a miserable, ugly no good dog and it was the dog shelter for him- this time the dog was wagging his tail and jumping around so happy and wanting to give the trainer kisses. I am like you though and truly believe they read our minds... my two cats can wake me up to go to the front door and let them in. Happens way to often to boubt. In N.Y. I did the leash trick and it was a hoot watchin them chaise each others leash but it worked really well.
I got a bite on my neck and NO not a new boyfriend or a Vampire- I bettin a spider. I put steroid ointment on it but still itchy and swollen. Garden work is oing so slow and it is hot till the sun hides behind a dark cloud for a pleasent little while.
There may be a couple of more hours in me so back out I will go. One of the herbs I bought I thouht was Rose Mary turned out to be Lavender. I found a spot for it right away but will herb shop right away and see if there are any more items I would like- Stevia and Chives are on my list.
bbl

Last edited by Norfolk Mermaid; 05-07-2013 at 01:11 PM.. Reason: I agree you would mourn that lost doggie forever!
Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 03:00 PM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks for the ideas, and yes I'll keep trying. I had been working with him on "come" and "sit" so will buckle down again. I think it was the gray day getting me down....I'm really susceptible to dark days...SAD...seasonal affective disorder and Alaska was really difficult for me. What makes it much more difficult in the training is my other two dogs...I reach for a collar or leash and the girls go wild. Hard to train puppy with the girls around so I gave up a bit...sigh!

One of my favorit shows was the Dog Whisperer...Millan is very good with correcting dog trouble. I've thought of hiring a dog trainer, but re-think it any time it pops into my mind.

I'm sure it's just the day getting to me...took a nap and I'm feeling a bit better now that the sun is out.