Old 05-02-2013, 09:00 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
FRIDAY'S Roll Call, May 3

Fast Friday, hot dang!!
I'm going to bed, too much to do tomorrow.

Hang in there, friends
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2013, 04:48 AM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Norfolk Mermaid
Stats: 189 3/4 / 163 / 150 (5' 6 1/2") 9/30/1942
WOE: Low Carb/Up Days-Down Days
Start Date: May/June 2014
Doris and Mary- So. Cal. is all over the news with the fire evacuations.

Are you two all right! Woudn't think there was that much else to burn from all the previous fires.
Today is Soc. Sec. day so I am off to pay taxes on the Cherokee and I get the reduced RE each year so both are not too bad. Oh and the Hampton Roads Utility I et every 2 mos.
Then to the nursery for cukes plants and pete and what ever else that jumps into my cart...more herbs.
Gettin oing.
bbl
Norfolk Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 05:00 AM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: birdlady
Start Date: june03
Winter is back,rainy and cold for us,just plain yuckie.
Got the horses out and stalls cleaned,cats fed.No biscuits for C. when he put them in the freezer he jammed the door half opened and they got ruined.I had a small King Cake so took that out for him,hope it's still good,if not the horses will be happy.lol The cats do not like the biscuits,so off to the horses they go.
BBL
birdlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:08 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ocali
Doris, keeping my fingers crossed for you and dh. Did they send you pics of the house? Or, is it on-line so we can see it, too? (I'm so-o-o-o nosy!)
ocali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:21 AM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: pfair143
Stats: 214/?/?
WOE: Pollan: Eat food, mostly plants, not too much
Start Date: 4-14-2013
Hey all,
Be selfish and look for a way to pay it forward today. It will make your heart sing!

Tricia
pfair143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:06 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tatehouse
WOE: Doing the best I can with Low Carb as a priority
Start Date: Jan, 2002
Good advise Tricia!

Good morning my friends.

Just sticking my nose in this morning...will hopefully be back later. Don't know what is keeping me so busy but it seems I am.

Love to see pictures of the new house, too, Doris. Good luck with it. Waving to everyone...

Anne
tatehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:05 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
Crossed fingers that all will go well on this one for your both Doris. Long deep breathing is in order.

MM that was such a lovely surprise you had at TJ's yesterday.

Having a slow day here in Slotown. Going to be another hot one so Dh is mowing yards early.

Mary we've been watching the fires down your way. Hope your relatives have found some safe evacuation if needed.

Have a nice day if possible. Will check back in.
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:35 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Good morning all...so relieved that both cousin and nephew have escaped the ravages of the brush fires and still sending prayers to our firefighters...they are so professional.

Doris, happy for you and will send a few good vibes to help you along as well. Sounds good and I hope that everything comes together well.

Double Mary, prayers for your recovery and happy the crew at TJ's made your day. I wish I had one closer to me.

Getting my last shot in the knee this morning and then I start physical therapy Monday. Later today, N is coming over to clean so it'll be nice today. My cousin sells dolls on line and I picked up one for N's three-year old yesterday...hope she likes it. Dhanna's dolls are made to order so folks can make request as to hair, eye, and clothes so Maddie's has dark skin, black eyes and curly hair and a pink tutu...it's so cute.

Today is a down day and the weight is up so going to try to make it on just coffee til supper time. Hope the energy stays up.

Hope you all have a great day and I'll be looking for a way to pay it forward.

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:29 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: weezie
Stats: 160/129/125 (5' 3")
WOE: mostly low carb
Happy Friday and Happy May, everyone. I think this is one of my favorite months, with all the greenery returning.

Doing pretty well on the chemo thus far. One reminder to everyone, no matter what your diet, is fluid intake. While on chemo I'm supposed to have 8 to 12 cups of non-caffeine liquid per day. I'm keeping track on a white board we have on the fridge and am trying to switch it up amongst water, herbal tea, soup, gingerale, etc. The white board helps a lot. Just a thought.

My weight has been pretty steady at 142. I'd love to be under 140, but am trying to maintain to have some reserves if I need them. Every time I have an IV drip I gain 4 lbs, but it comes off in a couple of days.

Planning to go with dh tomorrow to a church benefit he is playing. Each May a church on the upper East side in Manhattan has a fair and block party and the band has been playing it for 14+ years. They usually have a great selection of used books for sale and one year I picked up a darling tea set - silver plated with the teapot shaped like a watering can. Perfect for all those afternoon teas I host (joke here). Just lots of fun and it should be a beautiful day.

Have a good one all.

-Louise
weezie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:46 AM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: 3/24/13 188.4/165/140 Restart 2/16. 171/157.4/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Good morning,

Sending positive energy to those in path of fire....but wish anything I think or say could be as positive as Louise's attitude.

Off to make cheesecake today and then gardening the rest of the day. Got a wonderful gift from DH. He played with the kitties all morning downstairs so I could catch up on sleep. Slept til 9 am!

Have a good one.
Begete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:56 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ocali
Louise, I'm glad to hear that you and DH will be going out tomorrow night. It sounds like both of you are doing so well. Great to read your post!
ocali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 11:10 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: weezie
Stats: 160/129/125 (5' 3")
WOE: mostly low carb
Thanks for the positive feedback! And in honor of May, my favorite madrigal (and love those pink ties!).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJ7Vi...?v=LJ7VirCScp0
weezie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:06 PM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Thanks, Louise, love it...back at the house and starting to straighten up a bit and chapping and dicing for a pot of soup....Took the doll over to Maddie and she loved it, of course. Her first words were "I have hair like that." Then, she wanted to go put on her tutu.
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 04:29 PM   #14

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/144/135 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LC 02/02 Dukan 06/12
Yes, after reading Mary Mary's post last night. WE all could go out and do a Random Act of Kindess...sure is good for the soul. I had already posted that on last nights thread. Paying forward is a wonderful choice we have. Another good mention Tricia.

Busy day today, had to put the a/c on it got up to 29C yesterday I think that is around 85F. It has been lovely and sunny too. DSIL helped me get my bbq on my deck today out of the shed. Signs of summer are beckoning and full of promise huh?

Doris, Hope all went smoothly for you and DH today.

Julie, DS told me today on the phone about the tropical down pour they had yesterday in Ft. Lauderdale. I guess that would be some of the rain that you had. He is enjoying the Florida weather and lifestyle again.

Good to see your posts Louise, I want to come to some of those afternoon teas that you host. I will bring the cream cheese and cucumber sandwiches okay? Yes go out and enjoy your outing tomorrow, you both deserve it.

Lainey, Wow you do grow quite an assortment of veggies huh? What a green thumb you are. Did Ila and Anthony enjoy The Men in Blue show?

Gladys, Whew reading all that barn work I am tuckered out. Too bad about the biscuit spoiling I guess the horses will be happy.
DGD's show season begins tomorrrow so a full weekend for them. DD will be bathing and braiding the pony as we speak to be all spic and span for tomorrow morning. Hope C enjoyed the cake.

Mary, that dolly sounds cute and different I am sure that little one will be thrilled.

Babette, Yikes on those kitties. I didn't realise they did that. I guess I will stick with my pup. He sleeps more than me. Ha!

Sharon, when I have those slow days. I call it my Turtle pace...we still get there in the end.

Anne, I saw you run in there for a moment. Hope all your electrical items are up and running now.

Waving to All and hope I didn't miss anyone. Hope to bbt..
Old 05-03-2013, 05:46 PM   #15
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: MaryMary
Stats: Then 376 / Now 156
Start Date: Jan 2001
Thanks everyone. I am going to try and post here more frequently. I forget that it starts anew each day.

Today, DH and I celebrated 38 yrs together. Hard to believe! Back when I got married, of course, I had gone on the wedding diet, the one you use to fit into the wedding dress and promptly forget about. I managed to stick with it for 3 months until I got pregnant and quit smoking because I was pregnant, going from 140 lbs to 220 lbs at full term. Baby weighed 7 lb 14 oz and 8 weighed 212 lbs when they discharged me 3 days later. I was naive to think that I would drop a whole lot more than 8 lbs when the baby was born.

Thankfully, I never started smoking again, but picked up the carbs. It took another 25 years before I really connected with the low carb philosophy via Atkins and ultimately to what I do today. I owe my recovery from morbid obesity to God and my willingness to keep at it one day at a time.

Sorry to hear of the fires out west, but I haven't turned on the TV or news in 2 weeks and am a little out of it. Happy that everyone survived ok.

Have a great day!

MaryMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:23 PM   #16

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down to 126
WOE: Calorie counting and exercise
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
Louise, glad to read that Bob can play tomorrow at the fest, and you are able to go and just enjoy, see some people, and look around for some "treasure" at a good price.

Lainey, do you have a rototiller to use before you do your planting? I can't remember if you had to do that or not, lots of work involved. How is your friend, Anita, doing these days?

Anne, I keep forgetting to mention I love your avatar of your Mother and yourself!!!

Julie, does your community keep all of it's owners during the summer, or do some of them go elsewhere, where it's cooler? Just wondering, I've never been to Florida.

Begete, I'm glad you got a good sleep today, it's almost like having a baby in the house, isn't it? Good thing your dh was in a good mood.

Sharon, so you had a quiet day today, seems alot of folks were out mowing early today, before the warmth set in, including my dh. He even mowed the orchard, said it needed it before the weed seeds set and scatter. Do you have alot of birds?

Mary, that sounds like an adorable dollie for Maddie, good idea!! How do you feel after today's shot? What time is Monday's PT, very early?

Hi Tricia, busy weekend or will you chill out till you feel better?

Well, I signed the initial papers on the house, then had to fax some bank stuff today, and the loan gal kept some of our other stuff so we don't have to redo everything. This house is in Mckinney, we only saw pictures of it today, really.

Gladys, good thing the horses will eat biscuits!! Was your King cake OK, though??
Susan, when will your first barbeque be, seems it's warming up just right for that!!
Waving at Linda, too..............doctor visits keeps some of us busy allright!

Hi to Michele, lucky dog, got to go to Italy!! Did you go with a tour group from work, Michele?

Howdy Doug, and Verleen, I don't know if you are able to peek in or not.

Bagged up clothes today, and my sis in law keeps emailing me to "Toss & Burn", since she has finally been here and seen it all, lol.

Good Night, gang!!

You realize, don't you, it's not "just about the food".!

Last edited by mykneesareback; 05-03-2013 at 06:30 PM..
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:50 PM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
A quick hi to everyone. We got into triple digits today. It's still warm but nice breeze now.

Doris we have a bunch of different ones. Right now there is a blue jay nesting in our apple tree. Every morning Dh counts as many as 30 Band tailed pigeons at the feeders. Boy can they eat! Our hummers stay pretty much all year round and they share with the golden Orioles. Different small varieties make there home in our bank rose hedge.

Louise the singers were great. I love those pink ties too.

It's time to get some reading in. See you all tomorrow.

"Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it.”
Eckhart Tolle

Sharon
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote